Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Cruel Angel's Thesis ~ Day Five

cat-logo.jpg

DAY FIVE ~ HASTY DECISIONS

Scheherazade wasn't surprised to find another corpse from the main hall when she awoke.

catdayfive1.jpg

She began her day by moving the body of Jeddam Ashenbow to the cellar to be investigated by the Veterans and mopping up her blood.

heroicanpc-scheherazade.jpg

"Another innocent hero's blood soaks these tiles."

Suddenly she heard a spine-chilling shriek and footsteps running towards her. She spun around to see her son at the verge of tears.

catdayfive2.jpg

heroicanpc-shampoo.jpg

"Mother! You can't believe what they did now!"

"Sham, what's the matter? Are you hurt?"

heroicanpc-shampoo.jpg

"Not me, but my stuff! Those bastards managed to break into my enchanted backbag! Most of the items inside were smashed to pieces! Just think of all the potential income I lost - just like that!"

"Sham, you're hopeless! Get out of my sight or I'll make you finish this mopping!"

heroicanpc-shampoo.jpg

"Eep!"

The Veterans then gathered all the surviving heroes into the hall for an important announcement. A disgusting stench filled the room, as Sheherazade descended the stairs carrying a tray-full of steaming cups.

catdayfive3.jpg

heroicanpc-falconer.jpg

"May I have your attention, please! We fear that time is not on our side, so Scheherazade will be serving some special drinks for you today. Everyone must drink, make no mistake about that. These drinks will make you quicker, allowing you to take two actions each day and night from now on. However, the two actions must be different from each other, so you cannot take the same action twice in one phase. You also have to perform them at the same time. If I've made myself clear, please drink up!"

The heroes had no choice but to obey. As they gulped down the smelly liquid, the Dragonlord spoke once again.

heroicanpc-dragonlord.jpg

"That's right, no more slacking around! From here-on out, if you don't state an action every day and night, I'll feed you to Smaragdea without a warning!"

The heroes were then called to the Library once more. It was a lot messier now, with piles of books all over the room.

catdayfive4.jpg

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"Sorry about the disorder! I was so busy last night that I would have probably passed out if I didn't have my secret stash of *cough* bananas. I did find an interesting passage from the Annals of Ennon, but its been tampered with magic as well. What's wrong with these books of mine nowadays...?"

BYBLOS THE LIBRARIAN'S CHALLENGE #4:

Fit the words from the list to the sentence below. Send your answer to the host. You only have one try.

In the bitter - against -, the - and the - - of - with their - - fought against the - of - and the - known as the - that had taken over the - - -. The - of - succeeded in sealing away the - - of the -, but - had gained such a strong grip on - that they were forced to sink the entire - to the - of the -. Nowadays the only remains of it are the - - and -.

angels

bottom

continent

creator

cultists

demons

Elven

Ennon x2

evil

forces

Free

guardian

hordes

immortal

Islands

kingdom

Mercution x2

Moon

Moone

Nephilim x2

ocean

paladins

priests

war

wizard

RULES:

1. ALIGNMENTS: There are two sides in this game, trying to beat each other.
Heroica
wins if they manage to find and kill all of the Nephilim.
The Nephilim
win if they outnumber the heroes loyal to Heroica. The Nephilim know each other, but the others don’t know who the Nephilim are. There are also
neutral
players, who have their own special victory conditions.

2. PHASES: The game is played in two alternating phases - "Days" and "Nights", both lasting up to
48 hours
- during which the players can use their abilities on each other.
All players can
use two abilities per phase
, but the abilities must be different from one another.
During the
Night
-phase, the game is played through Private Messages between the host and the players, and all actions are private, revealed only to the target. During the
Day
-phase, all actions are public, and are shown in the Day-topic to everyone. Ranged attacks and spells are an
exception
, their performer is never revealed.
You must
send both of your actions at the same time
, as you only have one turn per phase.
If you
fail to send in an action
or do not state that you do nothing, you will be killed off.

3. RESULTS: The results of the abilities are tallied
at the beginning
(for Night-actions)
and the end
(for Day-actions)
of the Day-phase
. When a player’s health is completely depleted, they are
killed off
from the game. The player who delivered the killing blow will get all of the victim’s gold and items, and gain experience (see
Leveling Up
). The alignment of each killed player is revealed when they die. Anyone who kills a Nephilim will gain
50 extra gold
from the Veterans.

4. STATISTICS:
Level
signifies the player character’s overall experience.
Health
is initially equal to level, and attacks reduce it while healing restores it.
Ether
is equal to about a half of the level, and is used for spellcasting, healing and scroll-reading.
Defense
is gained from shields and most artefacts, and it reduces the damage taken.
WP
means weapon power, while
SP
means shield power. All statistics except Level are kept a secret from other players.

5. ABILITIES: All player characters have their
own sets
of 3-6 abilities they can use during the game, related to their job classes. These skills include (but are not limited to) attacks, spellcasting, healing, tracking, stealing items, blocking, buffing, debilitating and using items. To best make use of these varied skills, the players should consider forming alliances.

6. ITEMS: All players start out with
10 gold
, a
weapon
with 2-6 WP and a random array of
other items
, such as restorative potions, artefacts and tools. Like the statistics, these inventories are kept as a secret from other players. During the Day-phases of the game, upgrades and more items can be bought from
Sham Poo
in exchange for gold. You are free to discard items or trade them with other players, but you need to notify the host whenever you do that.

7. LEVELING UP: Gaining a
level
increases
the player character’s current and maximum
health and ether by 1
. When a player kills another player, they will gain experience according to this chart:

- Level 1-9: a full level

- Level 10-19: 1/2 of a level

- Level 20-29: 1/3 of a level

- Level 30-39: 1/4 of a level

- Level 40 onwards: 1/5 of a level

8. ELEMENTS & EFFECTS: There are five
elements
in the game: fire, ice, lighting, light and darkness. Elemental spells and attacks are twice as effective as normal attacks, but consume ether. They can also be blocked with the right piece of equipment. There are both
positive and negative effects
in the game as well, including encouraged, enforced, stunned, poison, sleep, blinded, sealed, confused and enamored. These can be inflicted by certain abilities and scrolls. Negative effects last until removed by a Remedy or a suitable ability.

9. BEHAVIOR: When you play this game, you are bound by honor to your alignment – even if it changes mid-game. That is why you
must not discuss the game
outside of the topics and PMs related to it, under the threat that you are instantly killed off if you do. Sharing information via PMs and forming alliances between the players is allowed, but must be done by knowing the risk that the other might be lying or deceiving you. Things will get brutal and cut-throat in this game, and you can get killed off at any time, but any of that is not to be taken as a personal insult. Please
at all times to ensure that your player persona is separated from your real self. Remember that
the dead don't talk
, so once you are out of the game, you must not speak of what you know to anyone until the whole game is over.
You are free to roleplay with your character, and most of all, have fun!

PLAYER CHARACTERS:

catava-paladin.jpgBrienne Deercourt (Brickdoctor) ~ 29 years old female human Paladin

catava-cleric2.jpgCapriccia Gianpaolo (Capt.JohnPaul) ~ 123 years old female vampire Cleric

catava-warden.jpgCorelin Moordog (CorneliusMurdock) ~ 282 years old female dwarf Warden

catava-harlot.jpgCromeo Nightingale (Chromeknight) ~ 22 years old male half-elf Harlot

catava-cleric3.jpgEin Surefoot (Esurient) ~ 397 years old male dwarf Cleric

catava-knight2.jpgEmmanuelle Janus (emjajoas) ~ 33 years old female human Knight

catava-wingedwarrior.jpgFleyra (Flare) ~ 29 years old female Rito Winged Warrior

catava-infiltrator.jpgGeosmos Phiephyrphoe (joeshmoe554) ~ 52 years old male cyclops Infiltrator

catava-cleric.jpgHeron Jujube (herrJJ) ~ 19 years old male human Cleric (killed on Night One, raised as an undead on Night Two but perished again on Day Three, then resurrected on Day Four)

catava-knight.jpgJinnipher Buchaire (JimButcher) ~ 71 years old female elf Knight

catava-beastwarrior.jpgKharybdis (Kadabra) ~ 26 years old female Octopial Beast Warrior

catava-witch.jpgLorth-Anoob (LordoftheNoobs) ~ 42 years old female Pantanan Witch

catava-alchemist.jpgLuridan Voros (Lord Duvors) ~ 53 years old male gremlin Alchemist

catava-regulator.jpgO’Blix (-obelix-) ~ 27 years old male goblin Regulator

catava-druid.jpgPallas Thaddicus (Palathadric) ~ 103 years old male Lucustoid Druid

catava-barbarian.jpgPanduin Oreheart (Pandora) ~ 148 years old male dwarf Barbarian

catava-ranger2.jpgPercival Montmartre (Peppermint_M) ~ 24 years old male human Ranger

catava-battlemage.jpgPiro the Visionary (Pyrovisionary) ~ 227 years old male wereturtle Battle Mage (killed on Day Two but resurrected on Day Three)

catava-skirmisher.jpgSir Rubinstein (Rumble Strike) ~ 47 years old male human Skirmisher

catava-minstrel.jpgScamander Taurros (Scubacarrot) ~ 34 years old male satyr Minstrel

catava-berserker.jpgSwinehurst (swils) ~ 31 years old male porc Berserker

catava-cannoneer.jpgTheodor Legion (The Legonater) ~ 73 years old male human Cannoneer

catava-chimonk.jpgUsharnam Madima (UsernameMDM) ~ 38 years old male Naga Chi Monk

catava-assassin.jpgWerther Brickton (Waterbrick Down) ~ 49 years old male zombie Assassin

catava-hunter.jpgWeyrdág (Wedge09) ~ 341 years old female Nôrn Hunter

catava-sage.jpgZarissa Curie (Zakura) ~ 58 years old female gnome Sage

catava-artisan.jpgZelphie (Zepher) ~ 815 years old female fairy Artisan

catava-blackknight.jpgZpilf (Flipz) ~ 85 years old male ogre Black Knight

DEAD CHARACTERS:

catavadead-mage.jpgKob (Kintobor) ~ 21 years old male orc Mage ~ Heroica (killed on Day One, raised as an undead on Night One but perished again on Day Three)

catavadead-mage2.jpgPauline Jillian Boyle (Purpearljellyblob) ~ 18 years old female Mopag Mage ~ Heroica (killed on Day One)

catavadead-sorcerer.jpgEris (Eric Su) ~ 26 years old female orc Sorcerer ~ Heroica (killed on Day Two)

catavadead-barbarian2.jpgEzeal (Etzel) ~ 28 years old male werelion Barbarian ~ Nephilim (killed on Day Two)

catavadead-raider.jpgSkrupp Oxstrong (Scorpiox) ~ 30 years old male norseman Raider ~ Heroica (killed on Day Two)

catavadead-dragoon.jpgU’dargan (Darkdragon) ~ 29 years old male U’kin Dragoon ~ Heroica (killed on Day Two)

catavadead-rogue.jpgCalico Meatpie (CallMePie) ~ 16 years old female halfling Rogue ~ Heroica (killed on Day Three)

catavadead-ranger3.jpgDoranee Grandeur (Dragonator) ~ 44 years old female elf Ranger ~ Heroica (killed on Day Three)

catavadead-necromancer.jpgRetak Ysp (PsyKater) ~ 2013 years old male Fenarian Necromancer ~ Nephilim (killed on Day Three)

catavadead-evoker.jpgEnya Dorgamel (Endgame) ~ 23 years old female human Evoker ~ Heroica (killed on Night Three)

catavadead-shaman.jpgFernandu Elysiam (Fred Daniel Yam) ~ 36 years old male minotaur Shaman ~ Nephilim (killed on Day Four)

catavadead-rogue2.jpgMaxi Ebdul (Masked Builder) ~ 35 years old male Asteriad Rogue ~ Heroica (killed on Day Four)

catavadead-mysticknight.jpgShadir Oswain (Shadows) ~ 466 years old male elf Mystic Knight ~ Nephilim (killed on Day Four)

catavadead-ranger.jpgJeddam Ashenbow (Jedi master Brick) ~ 25 years old female hobgoblin Ranger ~ Heroica (killed on Night Four)

SHAM POO’S EMERGENCY SHOP FOR HEROES IN NEED:

heroicanpc-shampoo.jpg"Boohoo! I'm so devastated for the break-in that I'll give you all a discount on all of my remaining items. Buy them all while you still have the chance!"

Weapons:

Axe
(WP:1, melee weapon) – Costs 5 gold

Bow
(WP:1, ranged weapon) – Costs 5 gold

Dagger

Handcannon

Hammer

Instrument

Spear

Staff

Sword

Whip

Shield
(SP:1, defensive equipment) – Costs 5 gold

Gems & Scrolls:

Ruby
(Gem: allows casting fire-elemental spells) – Costs 10 gold

Opal
(Gem: allows casting ice-elemental spells) – Costs 10 gold

Topaz
(Gem: allows casting lightning-elemental spells) – Costs 10 gold

Diamond
(Gem: allows casting light-elemental spells) – Costs 10 gold

Amethyst
(Gem: allows casting darkness-elemental spells) – Costs 10 gold

Scroll of Sleep
(Scroll: prevents target from taking action and seeing who targets them until woken up by an attack. Costs 1 ether to use.) – Costs 15 gold

Scroll of Blinding
(Scroll: prevents target from performing attacks and seeing who targets them. Costs 1 ether to use.) – Costs 15 gold

Scroll of Sealing
(Scroll: prevents target from performing ether-based actions. Costs 1 ether to use.) – Costs 15 gold

Scroll of Confusion
(Scroll: causes target’s actions to hit a random person with a 1/2 chance. Costs 1 ether to use.) – Costs 15 gold

Consumable Items:

Venom
(Consumable: causes poison to the target, depleting it’s health by 1 per every phase when used.) – Costs 5 gold

Bomb
(Consumable: causes 10 damage to the target from a distance when used.) – Costs 10 gold

Grating Stone
(Consumable: increases a weapon’s WP by 1 when used) – Costs 15 gold

Bright Polish
(Consumable: increases a shield’s or an artefact’s SP by 1 when used.) – Costs 15 gold.

Level-Up Mushroom
(Consumable: gain a level when used.) – Costs 25 gold

Scamander uses his Discord attack on Brienne, then puts to sleep through lullaby Zpilf, Weyrdag, Corelin, Pallas and Percival.

Martial Arts Elemental: Ruby - Brienne Deercourt

Martial Arts - Corelin Moordog

(edit to add 2nd action)

Edited by UsernameMDM

"One of you jerks shot me. I would like to know who, because, if my logic is sound, that person is innocent. Scum wouldn't go after someone with 30+ health dealing little damage."

Why are you putting me to sleep, Scamander? I see you believe Maxi was right about Brienne now that Maxi is dead and proven loyal. Is that the only way you people will believe me as well? I have only been truthful about my beliefs.

"Guess not" what?

"It is important to note that our marvelous Maxi's death also cleared Fleyra. I have trusted Fleyra through the whole ordeal, as she and I have quested together from time to time in the past, and I'm glad to her her proven. I am also happy to finally find the puppet-master that Calico died for. Poor sweet Calico."

Panduin encourages himself and critically attacks Brienne.

"Are you trying to incriminate me? Do you know who I am? I am Scamander Taurros. The Satyr. Forest Flute. Sleepmaster. Master of Song. You are still suspicious. I decide what is the truth and what is not. Now take a nap, you crossdressing shortlegs."

Lethal attack against Brienne.

Also tracking Percival Montmartre for the time being.

Why are you putting me to sleep, Scamander? I see you believe Maxi was right about Brienne now that Maxi is dead and proven loyal. Is that the only way you people will believe me as well? I have only been truthful about my beliefs.

"Guess not" what?

The assassin spoke with a horribly raspy voice, "You also accused Capricia of confusing you the night you provided cover for a now known Nephilim, you which she denied doing. Thus either you are lying or she is and considering that you were very quick to try and defend yourself today, I believe you are the one lying."

Edited by Waterbrick Down

"Weel, I have found Lorth-Anoob is A heroican, therefore..."

Luridan attacks Cromeo Nightingale with his dagger and Investigates Corelin Moordog.

He also makes a Mixture.

:pir_yoda:

Edited by Lord Duvors

"Scamander, name one thing, ONE MEGABLOCKING THING that I have done that makes me a threat, and I will shut up and let tha dragon take me withou' further argumen'. When ya can't justify bein' mean ta a harmless Neutral, tho, I want ya ta let me take a megablockin' action." :hmpf_bad:

"Scamander, name one thing, ONE MEGABLOCKING THING that I have done that makes me a threat, and I will shut up and let tha dragon take me withou' further argumen'. When ya can't justify bein' mean ta a harmless Neutral, tho, I want ya ta let me take a megablockin' action." :hmpf_bad:

"There is no room for a Neutral in this equation."

"You know what, I'm not the worst satyr around. ...okay maybe I am, there aren't that many satyrs around. BUT, that means I am also the best satyr around! So I'll make you a deal. You do what I want, you attack who I want, in return, you get to live and be awake, yay! As a bonus, I'll let you keep all the stuff you get while in service of the Great Sleepmaster. How's that sound?"

"That almost sounded like it would fit in a B-type action play."

"You're gonna have to explain that one, Luridan."

"Simple, Luridan investigated Lorth-Anoob who was found to be a Heroican, who in turn investigated Chromeo two nights ago and received a Nephilim result."

"Oh, by tha way, can someone lend me five gold? I'd like tae be able tae buy something tha's worth more then ten gold."

:pir_yoda:

"'If I'm not wi' ya, I'm agains' ya, is tha' it? Ya migh' ought ta take another look at tha rules Vet'rans' assessment o' tha situation."

RULES:

1. ALIGNMENTS: There are two sides in this game, trying to beat each other.
Heroica
wins if they manage to find and kill all of the Nephilim.
The Nephilim
win if they outnumber the heroes loyal to Heroica. The Nephilim know each other, but the others don’t know who the Nephilim are. There are also
neutral
players, who have their own special victory conditions.

"You know what, I'm not the worst satyr around. ...okay maybe I am, there aren't that many satyrs around. BUT, that means I am also the best satyr around! So I'll make you a deal. You do what I want, you attack who I want, in return, you get to live and be awake, yay! As a bonus, I'll let you keep all the stuff you get while in service of the Great Sleepmaster. How's that sound?"

"That almost sounded like it would fit in a B-type action play."

"Fair 'nough. I jus' wan' ta stay 'live."