ZCerberus

RESULTS INCLUDED: Book II- Challenge 1- The Battle for Nocturnus.

Sooooo........

Yes, the Black Spire (my team, woohoo!) won the civil war in Nocturnus, but which Guild won the challenge?

Sooooo........

Yes, the Black Spire (my team, woohoo!) won the civil war in Nocturnus, but which Guild won the challenge?

Kaliphlin. We are simply the best. :tongue:

But, no, in Book II, the guild v. guild challenges are the minor challenges and free builds. While the main challenges are about larger groups of builders driving story. We have already talked about Book III going back to the way Book I was, with guild v. guild competition. I think the original intent was to change it up a little in Book II, just in case the community did not grow it is easier to pit two sides against each other than four uneven sides. However, I think the project has proven that it will continue to grow (It will never be as popular as Chal I of Book I, but it is definitely alive.)

Yes, some of the complaints about Book I were there weren't "categories" for people with smaller collections and that you (the average historican) didn't have enough input on the story. We changed that up by allowing people to join the story team (Warlords challenge will add someone to the story team for Nocturnus when we get back to Nocty) and by having your builds influence which side moves the story forward by who wins the civil war.

Aww, Black Spire as the victor, eh? Nocturnian's will regroup and be ready to take down the Spire next time around :devil:. Anyways, congrats to the winning team (well deserved with many superb builds) and to Gunman and Torgar on their individual wins :thumbup:. Looking forward to Challenge II.

We one! So whats happening at the moment? From what I can grasp Kaliphlin and Mitgardia are/will soon be at war, Avalonia is being attacked by drown, and Lord Ssliyrrlith's side who are now the dirty, smelly rebels :devil: will soon launch an (unsuccessful) attack on the black spire. Have I left anything out?

But, no, in Book II, the guild v. guild challenges are the minor challenges and free builds. While the main challenges are about larger groups of builders driving story. We have already talked about Book III going back to the way Book I was, with guild v. guild competition. I think the original intent was to change it up a little in Book II, just in case the community did not grow it is easier to pit two sides against each other than four uneven sides. However, I think the project has proven that it will continue to grow (It will never be as popular as Chal I of Book I, but it is definitely alive.)

Yes, some of the complaints about Book I were there weren't "categories" for people with smaller collections and that you (the average historican) didn't have enough input on the story. We changed that up by allowing people to join the story team (Warlords challenge will add someone to the story team for Nocturnus when we get back to Nocty) and by having your builds influence which side moves the story forward by who wins the civil war.

Thanks guys! I must've missed that in the buildup to Book II.

So the Black Spire won... ah, such mixed feelings. Yay because my team won (and congrats to everyone who worked so hard on thier entries!), but knowing also that this means there are dark days for Historica ahead, to say nothing of our freinds in Nocturnus... :look:

I know, i know, the best stories are all about conflict and dealing with loss, but i quite like building peaceful scenes of harmony and co-operation! (world's smallest violin plays in the background, heh) :laugh:

Cool! Well done, my fellow Black Spire members. This should make the future storyline quite interesting. :classic:

I know this might be reviving an old thread, but reading up on my Historica history (...) I am wondering if the reasoning behind the judgment will be uploaded. (Maybe in the style of the recent results for ch. II.)

If not, that is perfectly ok - I appreciate all the work being put into this. Anywho, great work! (Maybe there is somewhere else, where the story impact of chapter I is elaborated?)