Sign in to follow this  
Siercon and Coral

Terrarium (Running Waterfall)

Welcome to a small piece of a tropical rainforest with a running waterfall, intricate rocks and exotic fauna inhabited by tree frogs, a chameleon and more.

This build started as wanting to to have a running waterfall/fountain. We started with an upside down Belleville baseplate to hold the water, which also meant that the entire build was stared upside-down. The transition to going right side up was used to create various rock work and give us interesting angles. The pump and stickers are the only non Lego elements included. The background itself is taken from a Lego Chima poster.

9731816679_663c0a52d1_z.jpg

Video Walkthrough and running waterfall.

9731812091_8f6cfc8235.jpg

The Red Eyed Tree frog is probably the most charismatic amphibian and something we have been wanting to build for a long time. So here's a detail shot of one of our favorite critters :)

9735040228_088b94fe1d.jpg

A small chameleon snags a fly in the corner of the tank :P

9731811005_16f8c622ed.jpg

Here's detail shot showing a water lilly, turtle and mossy log. :)

Thanks for reading!

This is awesome! When I first read, "running water" I assumed it would be LEGO pieces falling not ACTUAL water! Super cool, keep it up :thumbup:

I should be used to you guys' outstanding builds by now, but I can't help but feel amazed every time you post something new. This build just looks so organic and unique. The tree frog is pretty great, but I'm in love with that chameleon. :wub: Fantastic job.

Edited by CallMePie

You just keep keep impressing me with your interesting and original MOC's. Now I want to build a terrarium too. :laugh:

Too bad FlickR is down at the moment. I'll have to check the video later.

This is such a great build! As someone who keeps exotic animals, I immediately recognized the look of the Exo-Terra's that you have gone for. Great work on the foliage and creatures, another outstanding IB entry. I think you've got this round in te bag!

WOW that's just too amazing for words, (something is wrong with flickr its probably the added traffic from your MOC)

You two never cease to amaze me, and this is one of your most jaw-dropping builds yet :wub_drool: The rocks look very natural as do the twigs and plants and the pieces used in them are quite creative.

The animals inside are amazing, every one looks incredibly realistic and even their posing looks real :wub: Also the use of the Chima background works very well :classic:

This is amazing! As an ecologist, I heartily approve!

WOW that's just too amazing for words, (something is wrong with flickr its probably the added traffic from your MOC)

Flickr is doing scheduled maintenance. But I like your idea better.

When I came to the front page, I could tell from the top three inches of the picture whose work this was. Another incredible creation, guys.

When I came to the front page, I could tell from the top three inches of the picture whose work this was. Another incredible creation, guys.

This. You guys astound me with your artistry and creativity. Some folks work transcends snapping bricks together and becomes something greater. Don't want to gush too much but this and the parrot oil painting are two of the best builds I've ever seen.

Another amazing creation! All the animals are remarkable, and the landscaping is very realistic. It's amazing to see what some peopleartists can do with lego bricks.

I love it. Just love it. It combines 2 of my favourite things; Lego and terrariums. You built it very well, with creative ways of purist building. Red-eyed tree frog used to be my favourite animal (did a school project in grade 4). It looks good overall, but the head could have been better built.

This is just awesome! Nicely built, and it could just as well be a real terrarium! As a owner of a aquarium and a water cooled pc, i do have a word of advice tho.... I hope you have some distilled water running there with somekind of bacteria killer in it... or it will gunk up with life after a while. That would be a real shame of the bricks you used to build this.