Sign in to follow this  
timmyc1983

10184 Town Hall MOD - Public Library

Hello all,

I recently purchased and built the Town Hall modular and realising my town now had two town halls, I set to work finding a new purpose for my old 10184 Town Hall. I decided to turn it in to a Public Library for the citizens to enjoy. So here it is:

9729426609_061651d711.jpg

I try to stay close to the originals with my MODs, so this is no different, however it is 32 x 32 modular.

9728578565_a97d276513.jpg

The ground floor is where most of the books are, from crime to biographies to non-fiction, you'll find it here.

9728573035_5158a330ab.jpg

The middle floor has study desks with lamps, as well as being the floor for the older books. The librarian calls this the 'serious' part of the library.... Shhhhh!!

9731797202_a834a35c1f.jpg

The top floor is the multimedia section, four computers and plenty of space for reading with several couches and an ugly rug. Two of the couches and the rug were donated to the library, it's easy to see why.

Please check out my flickr photostream for more pics, esp of the interior. Hope you like it and comments and suggestions always welcome :classic:

EDIT: Changed the first photo for the new window design.

Edited by timmyc1983

Very nice work 'timmy'.....I do like the bookcases......though I, myself could not do that to my town hall from Town Plan...even if the original was a little slim on interior detailing unlike the cinema or service station from the same set. :blush:

What's next 'timmy' ?......well, Brick On anyway ! :grin:

I really love the interior, it is very detailed. The reading tables are just like the ones in my city's state library, complete with banker's lamps.

I don't like the exterior personally, I think it'd look better if the windows were aligned vertically.

Makes a great addition to your street, makes me want to do it to mine.

I think it'd look better if the windows were aligned vertically.

I think you're right pinioncorp. Changing that would make a big difference to the front.

Timmyc1983, I do like the interior details and I like the fact you've repurposed the building into something else. I think it's an improvement.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Nice job. Way better than the mod plans that are for sale on eBay. All it needs is a grumpy old minifig to play the part of the mean librarian.

I don't like the exterior personally, I think it'd look better if the windows were aligned vertically.

I think you're right pinioncorp. Changing that would make a big difference to the front.

Thanks for the feedback guys :classic: I have changed the bottom story window to line up with the second floor (see first photo), and I must admit it does look better :grin:

Very nice work 'timmy'.....I do like the bookcases......though I, myself could not do that to my town hall from Town Plan...even if the original was a little slim on interior detailing unlike the cinema or service station from the same set. :blush:

What's next 'timmy' ?......well, Brick On anyway ! :grin:

Glad you like it, the book cases were my favourite part of the MOD :blush:

Nice job. Way better than the mod plans that are for sale on eBay. All it needs is a grumpy old minifig to play the part of the mean librarian.

Thanks TomLego :classic: glad you like it, I haven't seen the MOD plans on eBay, I'll check em out tho!

Great work, especially on the interior. The exterior is also nicely redone, I like how you managed to place the inscription on the facade, great work on letters too.

And as TomLego has already said, it really needs an old, disheveled, long-bearded minifig librarian climbing the ladder and looking for some forgotten books somewhere on the top shelf. :classic:

Nice modifications. I particularly like how you have done the bookshelves and the study desks.

The rug reminds me of a patchwork doona we have here. It's not the prettiest thing, but it's awfully snuggly.

Very nice redesign. I like the interior very much. The tables look great. The bookshelves work really well.

For some reason I don't like the exterior with all the gray. I understand the purpose of the stone work, but it feels too crowded to me for some reason. I like the gray around the Windows and the overall shape of the building is good. There is something about the 1x1 and 1x2 tiles that busies it up to me.

Otherwise keep up the good work.

Thanks everyone, it seems the interior is more popular than the exterior... I like them both but that's just me :blush:

Are there 3 floors or 2?

There are 3 floors; Ground floor with the main book shelves, 1st floor with the study desks, and 2nd floor with computers and couches :classic:

Looks great, the lettering is very well done, and I love the way you made the shelves. Perhaps my favourite aspect are the lamps - rather simple, but they add a lot to the atmosphere. Keep it up! :thumbup:

Hi all,

Sorry to dredge an old topic (almost two years old!!! Time flies....!!), but i have just uploaded a tour video of this MOD to my youTube channel. Please check it out

In the meantime, happy building all :laugh:

My pleasure :classic: I'd love to see your take on it! Especially the interior, I got a little lazy after the bottom floor :tongue: