Hi all,

I have been experimenting with my first attempt at a battleship - photos attached.

Comments or suggestions most welcome but keep in mind I have tried to cap the width of the ship at 14 studs to fit in with other ships eg LEGO's Maersk and I have tried to create a style ship more akin to WWI - WWII eras.

The ship is still a work in progress although is unlikely to change drastically for now.

Apologies in advance at quality of some of the pictures... bit blurry.

lego-battleship-dreadnought-110913-007.png

lego-battleship-dreadnought-110913-008.png

lego-battleship-dreadnought-110913-010.png

lego-battleship-dreadnought-110913-012.png

lego-battleship-dreadnought-110913-009.png

Looks good and I like the superstructure and the guns in particular.

I know you say you were trying to keep within the c.14 stud width limit but I don't think that this does the design any favours as battleships are very broad across the middle. Also, the bow is very square and could do with more of a point to it.

I think if you want to do a battleship you need to make it wider or - if you want to stick with 14 studs - you should scaled down the guns and make it a frigate instead which would suit the longer thinner profile better.

Cheers

Rog

Great job. The cannons seem a bit out of scale (too big) with the rest of the ship especially the square part of it.

Great job. The cannons seem a bit out of scale (too big) with the rest of the ship especially the square part of it.

I think the guns would be OK if the hull was wider...

Cheers

Rog

Thank you for taking the time to suggest improvements, it is appreciated.

I agree that the guns are probably out of scale in one way and a wider hull could rectify it. I did considered smaller guns but could not get the 3 barrel look looking anyway good when the turret is 2+ studs shorter in width. I can experiment further of course, maybe there's a solution.

Taking your comments on board, pun intended, I may widen it a bit at the centre...

the Front and back may need some work too I agree.

I am open to more suggestions.