I wanted to have a more sensible discussion about this than just the usuall youtube comments, so here it is. The new video, and a giant dropbox folder full of instruction pics for the current state of the chasis.

https://www.dropbox....8jor/xuXYZ37fgY

Edited by nicjasno

I was wondering why there was no thread for this. The model is coming together nicely it seems.

Will only axles as the driveshaft be strong enough?

We will see. The rear suspension around the wheel hubs still needs some work. This will be mentioned in the next episode.

I see cut nails/rods (¿what are those?) in the axle holes of the half stud small liftarms, Are those to allow angles different from 90º on axle holes? Or do they allow free movement too?

Yup I see that they are like pins for axle holes, I wonder if friction or non friction ones.

Also the spring in your custom shocks looks to be in direct contact with the "seal" of the pneumatic cylinder rod. Your models are big and weight a ton, won't you need a washer there or something to prevent the rubber seal to deteriorate too fast under the compressing weight of the model and the force of the spring?

And looks like changing the size of the holes of the pneumatic cylinders will affect air speed and so shock behaviour, that might be a lot of fun. Different springs hardness can be combined too... Man this is like Lego+ or something :thumbup:

I've just watched the video with the sound off so as not to disturb people watching the TV. So I need to ask what is it going to be ? I find the suspension and steering interesting and i'm ordering some of those parts this week.

H

As the title says, it'll be a BMW e30.

The rubber seals will be fine. I use this same system in the mustang, which weighs a lot more than this model will.

The bars go in the connectors tightly. I drill the insides of the pinholes with a 3.2mm drill bit, so that i can insert the bars. For an unknown reason, lego uses a square profile here, just like in the 3l pins. This prevents bars to be used and greatly limits the use of the parts.

If drilled, the pins are "undamaged". They look the same, function the same, they just become more versatile.

Also, the connectors that are cut off, if you don't weant to, you don't have to cut them. They may rub on the tire slightly though.

I sent a set of the wheel hubs to crowkillers for evaluation. If he gives them the thumbs up, i'll offer them in the lpepower store.

Thanks so much for posting these videos! I know they've helped me a lot with my building and taught me a lot, looking forward to seeing more from you! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The 3 studed gray one?

Sorry for the slow response. I meant the big part from bottem to top in the suspension bridge. You can see them clearly in the 4,5 and 6 picture on dropbox.