Konajra

MOC: Modular garage

Hello all,

This will be my frist post here with something that really belongs here in the town forum.

A while back I designed a lilte truck. an oldtimer. I found a photo on the internet of a Henschel HS100ta that is owned by a local transport company. They have it restored, painted in their house colors and visit truck shows with it.

this is the Ldraw render of the truck

9479655819_2198d0cd2f_c.jpg

Henschel hs100ta Ldraw render by Konajra, on Flickr

and this is the real truck.

9482448146_e75a4f0be2_z.jpg

Henschel hs100ta by Konajra, on Flickr

Unfortunately the chasis could not be made in the green color so I decided to build it in DBG.

But to photograph just only the truck did not work for me, so I decided to build a garage for it.

Since I had a lot of dark orange (left overs from my ship the Tyr Viking) I decided that would be the color for the walls. After some building this was what I ended up with

9557754028_63e3fb3b25_c.jpg

oltimer restoration by Konajra, on Flickr

It is just a scene. the outside of the building looked like.... well just stacked bricks. But for me that was not a problem.It was just a scene to take a photo of the truck. I have never build anything that had to look nice and detailed on the outside as well as the inside. All my ships have no interior so I'm not used to building both sides completely detailed

But now Lowlug is having a nice stand at LEGOWorld 2013. On the Lowlug stand, there is a city layout planned where there was space that had to be filled. So I was asked to bring my garage. But since it did not have a nice looking outside I decided to rebuild it into a modular so that it would fit in the layout. This time I choose dark red (Left overs from the Grampian Don :) ) for the walls which I think is just a little better then dark orange.

I have finished the outside of the garage. The small brown house at the end is also parts of the garage. It is completey stripped so that the garage has become a litle bigger inside.

9711076540_291fe97bdd_c.jpg

truck garage by Konajra, on Flickr

9707839377_1eabec4e31_c.jpg

The inside of the garage will be looking something like this

9701137558_0ea8a35b14_c.jpg

Next will be finishing the interior and all of the details.

thanks for reading....

Wow! Just up my street! What a good looking old time garage. Great detailing and overall work!!

I really like the interior, but the exterior is also excellent. There's some great looking details in the facade from the drainpipes to the use of discolored and protruding bricks.

Once you finish the interior and the details please make sure you share with us the final version!

Very impressive build Konajra! I got a laugh out of "photographing just the truck did not work for me, so I decided to build a garage for it." I thought it was normally the other way around. As a whole, it's has the level of detail as your ships do. I can't wait to see the finished product :classic:

Wow, that's incredible! I love the dark orange / red combination, broken up by white stripes and brick-bricks. It's a great little scene for your truck, as well. There are just so many details to love.

Would you please post some more pictures of the facade with the gambrel roof? It looks nice, but I can't really tell.

Congrats on being front paged 'Konajra', I don't know what I like more the truck, the bare stripped back truck chassis or that AWESOME modular workshop.....love that hoist though ! :wub:

Brick On 'Konajra' ! :grin:

That garage looks great. I am not too familiar with automotive garages, but this looks very fitting for me. The exterior also is very fitting for a standard modular downtown setting. I think you really knocked this out of the park. I liked the dark orange (but that may be because I have none), but that dark red and dark orange combination looks really good. And I like the added "house" to finish out the exterior. I am a sucker for nice looking street lights, so I may have to borrow some of the ideas. I keep trying to come up with something that looks very ornate, but has that classic feel to it. I bought a lot of the black poles, so I will finish it out sometime. I have my own idea, but I like both styles of yours too.

Keep up the impressive work!

Our LUG is also called LOLUG (same phonetically, but spelled differently)

This is great. I like the colour choice for the building and the design with the flat roof and the arch. The inside somehow reminds me of bob the builder , but tht must be because of the tiling of the floor and the guy in the blue clothes. The truck you made is also equally impressive.

A lovely set up!

It makes total sense to me to build a model of a truck that you really like, and then a place to park it....the garage. And what a fine garage it is!

Trucks are so special...we grew up with my father's large water tanker truck parked beside our house, and it just seemed like the normal thing to have. Until I was about 10, I did not notice that no one on our street had one besides us.

Part of the reason I love Lego, you build one little thing, and it blossoms into a huge project. Your garage is fantastic but I expect nothing less from you after seeing your ships.

This is just perfect. From big components, like the wonderful garage gate, to all the details like the lampposts and benches. Everything is gorgeous. I'm particullary fond of the structural components, like the black crosses of support beams.

Maybe you could try to build a ship with a part of interior now.

Edited by BEAVeR

Arjan, really great work!! Getting jealous on your creativity, everytime you come up with something new....!!! Greetz, LegoSjaak

Amazing truck and buildings. Love the nice realistic colorscheme you've chosen.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I have to say I'm very pleased with the color combination my self. it was not my intention to do so but I ran out of dark red. So i Had to add another color and since I already had to use the dark orange 1x1 with stud on side next to the windows (because I don't have them in dark red) I just used the same color for the top of the walls.

It turned out very nice.:)

I will of course post photos once the inside is done and a photo showing the brown house.

Edited by Konajra

after seeing this garage, I had to take a look at your ships...just amazing all around, very creative talent and definitely tell that you have that perfectionist touch...work is top notch, thanks for sharing