skcheung

Huge MOC Lightning McQueen

Hello. This is huge MOC Lightning McQueen and its little brother the metal McQueen. Yes, like Tow Mater, it rolls. This weird idea comes to my mind one day when my son's birthday is coming: I wish to build him a giant McQueen and let him sit on it and ride it. By that time my son is 7 and you perhaps won't believe that LEGO bricks (without technic bricks or liftarms) can support a boy. The secret lies underneath the vehicle. I install more than 110 wheels there! Please enjoy the photos...9711372508_aec5541b21_c.jpg9708147769_e38231cf44_c.jpg9711387220_51867b66a3_c.jpg9711426566_fc8560af94_c.jpg9708150857_142f81aec0_c.jpg9711425924_97d34b04c7_c.jpg9708141351_20e898f5ab_c.jpg

That... Is... Awesome!

Very well built. The curves look perfect and true to the original Lightning McQueen!

This must have been horrendously difficult. This is one very special , unique birthday present...

Edited by Mutant Orc

Mind. Blown.

A lot of work has gone into this. It looks epically large and accurate! Is there a chance of a picture of the underside with its 110 wheels?

I'd love to see the many many wheels also!

This build looks great. Very fitting to the actual character.

I think only this scale can do it justice without molded parts. Very nicely done!

Keep up the good work!

Well, that's one birthday he won't forget any time soon! The scale is impressive and the detailing is very good!

Your son is a lucky boy, and he has a truly amazing father. :wink:

That is one great moc. How did you plan this out and i think the kid in the picture is missing some eyes :laugh:

This is awesome! Your son is very lucky to have a great dad like you!

Mind. Blown.

A lot of work has gone into this. It looks epically large and accurate! Is there a chance of a picture of the underside with its 110 wheels?

sure! 9722486937_b7aa5f88e1_c.jpg9725714198_8918b93225_c.jpg

Brilliantly built birthday build! That thing is huge! Any idea how many pieces are in it?

Never count. I guess 8000+

This may be the most accurate MOC I've ever seen! How did you determine the scale of this?

I first build the wheels because I have to determine the minimum size of them (and at the same time they must look good). Then I know the scale and draw outlines. In the meantime I have to consider its infrastructure -- how it can support a boy.9722539321_0c3b1f98c7_c.jpg