Herky

News LEGO Architecture 2014 News & Discussion

Do you not have the sheet-covered picture on the non-store side of the LEGO site? In the US, the LEGO Architecture page states that they will be announcing the set on June 1st.

Nope. This is what we have in the US right now:

ts.20140501T061350.21020_Teaser_604x400.png

At the top of the page it says:

Something new is coming... All will be revealed June 1

Does anyone have a price yet on the set? (21020) Trevi Fountain? All I've found are a couple eBay auctions for $114, so it must be less than that...I hope!

I picked it up in Norway for what I assume is the Norwegian retail price, 499 kroner. That's the same as the UN headquarters, so if that's correct I'd guess $/£ 49,99.

Trevi is not for sale in North America apparently until later this month or July, talked to the manager today when I picked up the Ghostbusters, but they said yes, available all over Europe today and I verified that on the Lego Shop but nothing for the US or Canada yet. Frustrating...

Does anyone have a price yet on the set? (21020) Trevi Fountain? All I've found are a couple eBay auctions for $114, so it must be less than that...I hope!

49.99 USD I believe.

Trevi is not for sale in North America apparently until later this month or July, talked to the manager today when I picked up the Ghostbusters, but they said yes, available all over Europe today and I verified that on the Lego Shop but nothing for the US or Canada yet. Frustrating...

Yes very frustrating... I called. All they said to me is no release date as of yet.

It's terrible how were left in the dark on these things. I don't know if I should import it. Or wait

Super lame that they'd reveal the set on the Facebook page and main site, but not include release information for those regions that didn't actually already have it available.

/FAIL

I mean, it's been available for more than a month in some places!

Steve, I would wait, you know it will get to the stores sometime, very disappointed in TLG today though, but they are like any other big corporation I guess, you get what you get the way they want you to get it. If you really do want to import it, you can switch the Lego Shop to a different country and create a new name and all, not worth the trouble to me, the set will make it here at one point. Agree with RollerMonkey, very lame, guess they did not want to interfere with the Ghostbusters release here in the US, not sure if that released to Europe today or not. My daughter was also hoping new Friends would make it, but really the only thing was GB and 3 Guardians of the Galaxy sets

I can't believe this had fallen all the way to page 5...

Anyways.

Has anyone seen Trevi on store shelves in the US, or are they playing the strict street date on this?

Has anyone seen Trevi on store shelves in the US, or are they playing the strict street date on this?

Strict street date here in Toronto. August 1st and not budging.

My local store told me next Friday which is strict street date...and no announcements or rumors for anything new in Architecture for 2014, kind of a dying line of product I guess, sure seems this way

and no announcements or rumors for anything new in Architecture for 2014, kind of a dying line of product I guess, sure seems this way

In Europe and Korea, Architecture studio is being released on August 1st.... (But not coming to Canada.)

But other then that and Trevi fountain in North America. I think that's it for 2014. Which is very disappointing.

Also the lego architecture visual guide book comes out at the end of August

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1465422862/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/186-6857275-0174124?camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1465422862&linkCode=as2&linkId=KVLFLXZ6TXTOOPRS&redirect=true&ref_=as_li_tl&tag=lifeoftorme-20

Edited by Steve309

My local store told me next Friday which is strict street date...and no announcements or rumors for anything new in Architecture for 2014, kind of a dying line of product I guess, sure seems this way

Um, it's never been a line with massive waves like SW or City. 2-5 sets a year is all it's ever gotten with only the White House in 2010.

And this year we had Eiffel Tower and Trevi Fountain with Marina Bay Sands being a Dec 13 release.

Edited by rollermonkey

From what I see it started in 2008, 2 sets released, 2009 3 sets released, 2010 1 set as you mention, 2011 6 sets, 2012 4 sets, 2013 5 sets (included Marina Bay here since it really was 2013, also Arch Studio) and 2014 2 sets

I was thinking it should be about 4 sets a year, true we aren't going to get waves, but I don't think 4 a year is out of the question, 1 per quarter

Yep, one a quarter would be nice. Plus, I don't really count Marina Bay due to the limited availability and the fact that I paid $200 each for two of them. But, I beat that topic to death already and don't want to stir up the army of TLG apologists.

There are so many possibilities left. The Chrysler building would be a nice start.

Yea one a quarter if be happy with.

I hope they don't do another exclusive like Marina Bay Sands. That would get annoying.

Chrysler building would be good. I have a lot of towers on my wish list.

Personally I like skyscrapers better then just buildings.

One world trade centre (freedom tower)

Burj al Arab

Any tall one in Shanghai

Cn tower.

Chrysler

A building id like to see though is Neuschwanstein Castle. Do it in a Robbie house size. Over 2000 pieces.

the moc on the Lake Point Tower, that is one that is pretty much ready made for marketing, the guy did an awesome job on the build

even if they did more "landmarks" like Trevi, I would be good, I would like a Taipei 101, mostly cause I have been there, but at least 4 a year is my desire, big or small

One of the problems with modern buildings is the basic, fundamental repetitiveness of any build. Floor after floor of the same brick. That's why I think some of them may not be the best choices for the arch series. With that said, I don't mind the repetitiveness and realize its unavoidable in an Art Deco or modern design. But, I've seen many complain about it. Even with the Frank Lloyd Wright buildings like Robie House.

I don't care if they do 2 a year or 5 a year, I'd just like some consistency in the release schedule and...

NO MORE EXCLUSIVES!

I find it interesting that the Facebook Lego Architecture page is heavily promoting the Architecture Studio release in Europe for this Friday Aug 1, but not promoting the Trevi release in North America. The Arch Studio is readily available in the US and Trevi is readily available in Europe. It would be interesting to see the breakdown of sets sold in the two hemispheres. Still no rumors or anything for the next architecture set leading me to believe we will not see anything til at least mid 1st quarter of 2015.

Just went to the Legoland Discovery Centre in Toronto. They had about 4 or 5 Trevi Fountain sets out. I picked it up. Got it a few days early.

Today I got the new book.

Lego architecture : The visual guide.

It's well done.

At first glimpse seems like just the instruction book. ( minus instructions) but with pictures and info. (History and facts)

The techniques used to make the sets. And what the designers were going for with certain brick placements

The pictures are very high resoulution

Overall great book for $26 if you're a fan of the line

Talks about all sets from Willis tower to Trevi fountain. Including marina bay sands. (Doesn't talk about how it's only exclusive to Asia. )

And no mention of any future sets.

Edited by Steve309