Herky

News LEGO Architecture 2014 News & Discussion

A lot of new sets at our local Lego Store in St Louis, but they told me they cannot put out Eiffel or Parisian til Jan 1, so Wed it is for the Eiffel Tower, wish I could find the big one at a decent price as well. I am still not hearing much about what is next after this for Architecture line though, there is a group on facebook for architecture line but they do not have anything new either.

I am still hoping to get a St Louis Arch someday. Lots of cool buildings around the world that can be done as well.

As you can tell, I'd really like to see the Chrysler building as a large lego set. A 300 piece set would make it just another awkward small architecture set. A larger one would be great.

The large Eiffel Tower, al least to me, is the ultimate Lego build. It dominates a display and a room.

The only rumor we seem to have is Trevi Fountain, but if Habitat 67 won the poll that was conducted before the one that Marina Bay Sands won, where did that one disappear to?

Edited to add:

I've asked before about this: We have 21019 Eiffel Tower and 21021 Marina Bay Sands, but virtually nothing on 21020. Is Trevi Fountain still the only rumor?

Edited by rollermonkey

Habitat 67 will likely get made and only be available to the 146 couples who now live in this oddball housing complex in Montreal, LOL...in truth, who knows, TLG is pretty secretive when it comes to the Architecture line, huge transparency with a lot else, but not much in that realm. I do not think TLG has a product manager for this line so it is an afterthought compared to the others. However, I have high hopes that 2014 will bring some very good products for us.

I've asked before about this: We have 21019 Eiffel Tower and 21021 Marina Bay Sands, but virtually nothing on 21020. Is Trevi Fountain still the only rumor?

Yes. That's all we know. And the rumour started from brickowl. They were right about marina bay sands and Eiffel Tower. But no photo yet of Trevi Fountain. And lego is secretive of lego architecture. Without leaked photos we won't know about them until a week before release. Or on release date itself.

While I've seen habitat 67 more than once, going all the way back to 1967, I've never understood its appeal. But, the lines of habit 67 are very favorable for a Lego representation. Straight, boxy. No design lines that result in an Eiffel Tower that looks like an art nouveau parking meter.

4000010 LEGO House is proberly coming out in March 2014, it will cost around 149 DK and only be sold in any shop in Billund.

This because LEGO are thinking about the economy to the local shops that are close to the building area to the new LEGO House.

Danish text and speech: http://www.tvsyd.dk/...lokale-butikker

lego_house.jpg

Just re watched the video. this doesn't seem to fall under the architecture line. however looks like a set from this line http://www.brickset.com/browse/themes/?theme=Miscellaneous&subtheme=LEGO%20Internal

has the same look as an architecture set though

Just re watched the video. this doesn't seem to fall under the architecture line. however looks like a set from this line

has the same look as an architecture set though

They say that it's in the Architecture line, but the numbering is different. It's the Inside Tour & TLG employee Xmas exclusive & new part moulding machine factorys. So this time the did the numbering right IMO compared to the 21021 if that one doesn't get a "worldwide" second release.

They also said in the clip that a larger model of The Lego House will be made and sold worldwide.

Huh? 21020-1? Why dash one?

Also, how is that a confirmation?

I do hope it's wrong, though. Having been there, I would say that Trevi Fountain is more art than architecture.

I guess the restriction of no religious buildings makes it tough to do anything from Italy besides the Coliseum... But, wait! The Leaning Tower of Pisa is actually the Campanelle or bell tower for the cathedral in Pisa, so they've sort of already broken that rule.

Edited by rollermonkey

Huh? 21020-1? Why dash one?

Brickset and Bricklink put a dash one after every set name in case another set shows up using the same number. It doesn't happen too often nowadays, and probably won't happen again for a long time now that TLG has switched to five-digit set numbers, which there's no need to repeat. But it used to happen semi-frequently.

Brickset is generally quite reliable when it comes to confirming rumors, in that they don't tend to post set names unless they got them from a reliable source. It's not a PRIMARY source, but it's one of the better secondary sources in that they don't create pages for mere rumors and use brackets around names that aren't 100% confirmed.

Coincidentally, a five-digit figure set that needed a dash 2 suffix was an Architecture set. 21000 Sears Tower was rereleased as 21000 Willis Tower when the actual tower got renamed.

The Trevi Fountain would be great! This might be a really expensive year. Parisian Restaurant, all remaining Tolkien sets, Benny's Spaceship, and now this. I wonder if it will have three coins in it?

Sci - you said the Trevi Fountain is true, with a link that is to nothing, but can you confirm this is an actual set? If there is just a place holder on BL, which is empty, that doesn't necessarily make it true yet. Call me Doubting Thomas for now. I feel I need a pic of the set or box.

June, huh?

As I said before, I hope it's wrong. Trevi Fountain is beautiful because of the sculpture, not the architecture.

The building behind the fountain just has WAY too much detail to be reproduced effectively in brick without a stratospheric piece count.

Also, to be true to the actual location, if it was scaled to a 10"x12" area, it would need about 2,000 minifigs, and every single one with a camera.

:)

Of all the sights of Rome, it's got to be the most insane.

I wonder if CopMike can ask TLG about Trevi to get official confirmation, the main issue is TLG may or may not give answers...worth a shot though

eBay, and only at ridiculous mark up. It seems that all 10,000 sets have quickly sold through at retail, and far too many of them were snagged by speculators. I got mine at only $10 more than list, but they usual sites that same week had many being offered at nearly 3X list price.

Here you go, Steve!

One of the best looking Architecture sets!

-Sci

I don't follow this theme but I have to admit, this set might be my first architecture