Jim

Mindstorms MOCs and Models

MINDSTORMS MOCS AND MODELS

This is a Topic for posting information about official Mindstorms MOCs and Models. I will try to maintain an Index in this first post.

Official Lego Models

Official Lego Models

EV3 RETAIL SET STARTER MODELS

These robots can be built with the Mindstorms EV3 Retail Set(31313)

TRACK3R

TRACK3R

TRACKER_320.png

R3PTAR

R3PTAR

SNAKE_320.png

SPIK3R

SPIK3R

SCORPION_320.png

EV3RSTORM

EV3RSTORM

31313_FRONT_320.png

GRIPP3R

GRIPP3R

GRIPPER_320.png

EV3 RETAIL SET FAN MADE BONUS MODELS

These robots can be built with the Mindstorms EV3 Retail Set (31313)

Bonus Models Wiki

BANNER PRINT3R – created by Ralph Hempel

BANNER PRINT3R

BANN3RPRINTER_320.png

BOBB3E – created by Kenneth Ravnshøj Madsen

BOBB3E

BOBB3E_320.png

DINOR3X – created by Lasse Stenbæk Lauesen

DINOR3X

DINOR3X_320.png

EL3CTRIC GUITAR – created by Daniele Benedettelli

EL3CTRIC GUITAR

EL3CTRIC-GUITAR_320.png

EV3D4 – created by Vassilis Chryssanthakopoulos

EV3D4

EV3D4_320.png

EV3GAME – created by Ricardo Oliveira

EV3GAME

SH3LL-GAME_320.png

EV3MEG – created by Martyn Boogaarts

EV3MEG

EV3MEG_320.png

KRAZ3 – created by Marc André Bazergui

KRAZ3

KRAZ3_320.png

MR-B3AM – created by Kenneth Ravnshøj Madsen

MR-B3AM

MR_B3AM_320.png

RAC3TRUCK – created by Laurens Valk

RAC3TRUCK

RAC3R_320.png

ROBODOZ3R – created by Mark Crosbie

ROBODOZ3R

ROBODOZ3R_320.png

WACK3M – created by Martyn Boogaarts

WACK3M

WACK3M_320.png

EV3 EDUCATION KIT STARTER MODELS

These robots can be built with the Mindstorms EV3 Education Core Set (45544)

Starter

400x334.jpg

Gyro Boy

320x423.jpg

Sorter

Edu_Sorter.jpg

Puppy

400x320.jpg

Robot Arm

300x370.jpg

EV3 EDUCATION KIT EXPANSION MODELS

These robots can be built with the Mindstorms EV3 Education Core Set (45544) and the Mindstorms EV3 Education Expansion Set (45560)*. See briefings for more information.

* Spinner Factory needs 2 EV3 Intelligent Bricks, 2 Color Sensors, 2 Touch Sensors, and ALL six motors.

Lego Education Expansion Models website

SPINNER FACTORY

View briefing

BMaI0E5CYAEpkdx.jpg

REMOTE

View briefing

300x406.jpg

ELEPHANT

View briefing

elephant-model-lego-mindstorms-education-ev3-45560.PNG

TANK BOT

View briefing

tank-bot-model-lego-mindstorms-education-ev3-45560.PNG

STAIR CLIMBER

view briefing

300x373.jpg

ZNAP

View briefing

Edu_Expansion_Znap.jpg

Yeah, I would love to give it a try, but I don't feel like spending $300+. That elephant looks sick! :moar: Can you make it out of 2 EV3 sets?

Yeah, I would love to give it a try, but I don't feel like spending $300+. That elephant looks sick! :moar: Can you make it out of 2 EV3 sets?

The Elephant can be made with an Educational Starter Kit and Educational Expansion Set. I will update my first post, adding which sets are needed to build these robots :thumbup:

I have added more information about the required sets and linked to the educational briefings.

Are the building instructions for the bonus models available as download? I can only find EV3 projects form the, but no building instructions.

(I already found building instructions for TRACK3R-R3PTAR-SPIK3R-EV3RSTORM-GRIPP3R, but nothing more).

Are the building instructions for the bonus models available as download? I can only find EV3 projects form the, but no building instructions.

(I already found building instructions for TRACK3R-R3PTAR-SPIK3R-EV3RSTORM-GRIPP3R, but nothing more).

I have read something about it, but I am not really sure whether there's a PDF or whether they are in the software. Let me look into this and come back to you.

Thanks Philo! I was just looking at that page.

If I find the time, I might create PDF files for some/all of those models. Is this allowed btw?

Thx. I did not order the EV3 set already, but I'd like to inspect the building instructions before :-)

Is there a model you are particularly interested in?

If I find the time, I might create PDF files for some/all of those models. Is this allowed btw?

Clearly no problem for your own use. Sharing them on the web is much more questionnable ;) - Hence the disclaimer I added on Bricks Stackexchange... Edited by Philo

our school just bought 3 educational sets. Strange that they allow it already at this years LEGO League, that will make a big difference for teams that can already use the EV3 and teams that can't I think. I also heard that in Holland the educational supplies are still limited so also a disadvantage for teams that are/were not fast enough.

@Ted, uh, Jim: nice robocup robot. The FLL doesn't permit non-LEGO parts, otherwise I would have suggested such a wheels to our school teams as well of course :)

Those were already available since release of EV3, but I am missing the building instructions of the bonus models.

I extracted the ev3 project files as described above and found the instructions as PNG files.

But for some bonus models, the pictures are numbered using a randomizer... it's like a puzzle to put them into the right order.

I have an EV3 retail set (31313) and would like to build the education core (45544) and expansion set (45560) models.

(I understand I will need the gyro sensor and the gyro sensor block.) I have no use for the lesson plans and data

logging info in the $100 software package. I'd be happy to pay $25 - $35 for a CD or download of just the building

instructions and EV3-G programs for these models. Does LEGO or LEGO Education offer or plan to offer such

a product? I haven't been able to find anything so far.

Thanks for any info.

As far as I know TLG does not offer such a plan.

I have the Education Software, but for obvious reasons I am not sharing building instructions or programs. I would also like to know what the official Lego point of view on this matter is. I will try find out more.

I posted my EV3ed Excavator last week and got quite a few (for me) youtube views of it. I figure why not post some more of the projects that I've worked on :)

Drop7 Project

My blog is http://programmablebrick.blogspot.com/ and I average about a post a month. I started the blog because last winter I got the notion to figure out how to play the game Drop7 to get a ridiculous score and my friends told me I should blog about it. I needed a way to automate playing Drop7 so I bought my very first Lego Mindstorms NXT in February. I never even played with legos as a kid so I am very new to all of this. Here is the video (I should have made it about 1/10th the length) but in the beginning you can see how the robot works. One of the harder parts was getting the stylus to work on a capacitive screen. At one point I had the robot use a hot dog :) I eventually figured out how to ground a stylus properly and tossed the hot dog.

Here is a rather lengthy explanation of how I figured out what sequence to play the discs in.

http://programmablebrick.blogspot.com/2013/03/drop7-with-lego-mindstorms-nxt.html

iPhone Tripod

Next up was a little iPhone tripod out of legos so my daughter could make her lego stop motion movies

http://programmablebrick.blogspot.com/2013/08/lego-technic-iphone-tripod.html

LED Photo Drawing Robot

Then I decided to build a robot that "paints" a picture by moving a LED around a grid while taking a very long exposure of the LED. This one got a mention on the Dexter Industries blog because I used their dlight product.

http://programmablebrick.blogspot.com/2013/08/LED-robot.html

Motor Multiplexers & EV3ed Excavator

After that I got my EV3 and started working on compact multiplexers so I could make the excavator remote controllable.

My next project is a robot that plays Tetris :)

These are some very nice projects Dwalton76 :thumbup:

I will include them in the index of this topic.

I especially appreciated the Drop7 article, special mentions to brute force optimisation and to "saussage finger" ;)

I remember a few days ago I saw someone posted the link for the ev3 elephant building instructions, but I can't find it now. Do I remember correctly, can anyone help? Thanks.