tkatt

The 10% off coupon from the Lego Catalog isn't accepted for exclus

Was anyone having problems getting the AFOL discount this past Sunday? We had one club member who tried to use it at the new Surrey, BC store and he was refused because the sticker said '12 on it. Maybe LEGO should avoid all confusion for 2014 and just put '14 on it, when I first used it I was questioned too why it said '12.

I'm glad I saw this thread, it just saved me a 45 minute drive to the local Lego Store to grab the Ewok Village and use the coupon.

I must mirror the other sentiments on this thread: TLG, you kinda suck for restricting the coupon like this. I'll be sending an email to TLG this morning.

Was anyone having problems getting the AFOL discount this past Sunday? We had one club member who tried to use it at the new Surrey, BC store and he was refused because the sticker said '12 on it. Maybe LEGO should avoid all confusion for 2014 and just put '14 on it, when I first used it I was questioned too why it said '12.

My coupon says valid 9/1/2013-10/13/2013 in the US...maybe the coupon is different depending what country you are in?

My coupon says valid 9/1/2013-10/13/2013 in the US...maybe the coupon is different depending what country you are in?

I meant the AFOL Discount Sticker for the VIP Card.

Hmm, I've known about this for a while. I found out after learning that the 30% off you get for volunteering at a Creation Event won't work on exclusives. :hmpf_bad: . Damaged boxes still work though! :grin:

I was talking to a supervisor at my local LEGO store last Friday eve and she said that the damaged box discounts are no more (maybe just that store, I don't know). There was a Tower Bridge with a mangled box on the shelf for full price. I am not sure what would happen just handling the box, real bad.

What AFOL discount sticker? Is this just for some countries?

Andy D

It's not like the 10% off was anything amazing anyways. Many stores like TRU and Amazon regularly have the normal (not exclusive) sets on sale 20-25% off within a month of them being released. I don't see why Lego would limit the coupon. I mean with a 10% off coupon, double VIP points, AND a special set being given away they almost compete with Amazon having 25% off and no taxes.

Edited by Deathleech

I've heard more reasoning for this rule now, apparently LEGO wants global level pricing on all larger exclusive sets and even Amazon and Toys R Us aren't even allowed to discount them. It's not on smaller exclusive sets though, I was able to get a BTTF Delorean on discount.

I was talking to a supervisor at my local LEGO store last Friday eve and she said that the damaged box discounts are no more (maybe just that store, I don't know). There was a Tower Bridge with a mangled box on the shelf for full price. I am not sure what would happen just handling the box, real bad.

That would be the same for all LEGO stores. Their registers are now restricted from taking percentages off of exclusives, this includes damage box discounts.

Please explain this, have not heard about it either, can you enlighten us what this is and how to get it?

Thanks

Please explain this, have not heard about it either, can you enlighten us what this is and how to get it?

Thanks

It's a sticker LEGO gave out to LUGS to give to their members.

Does anyone know if this policy is going to extend to "Brick Friday" events this year?

I can 'appreciate' (read as "not exactly happy but understand the rational behind") wanting to level the playing field for pricing on these high-end sets, but when you go to a special event like Brick Friday (when the Sony Store next door is selling last year's model 60" plasma TVs for 75% off) and someone hands you a scratch card that reads "20% off your entire order", it seems silly to qualify that to "20% off your entire order - except the really good stuff you were planning on for Christmas this year..."

Does anyone know if this policy is going to extend to "Brick Friday" events this year?

I can 'appreciate' (read as "not exactly happy but understand the rational behind") wanting to level the playing field for pricing on these high-end sets, but when you go to a special event like Brick Friday (when the Sony Store next door is selling last year's model 60" plasma TVs for 75% off) and someone hands you a scratch card that reads "20% off your entire order", it seems silly to qualify that to "20% off your entire order - except the really good stuff you were planning on for Christmas this year..."

I would assume that specific exclusive sets can still go on sale or clearance, such as they typically do for the May the 4th events. But TLG now fully controls which sets and when they go on sale. No more random coupons for them. :cry_sad: