Sign in to follow this  
Norrington

The HMS Sabre

thindexedgif.gif 26c

Well, these pics are pretty old, so I'll have to take new one's when Sabre V.2 is finished.

An overveiw from the stern:

Sabre-old.jpg

In Fort Victoria's side dock:

FortVictoria-oldSabreindock.jpg

Umm... The rest of them aren't coming up in the Photobucket folder I made, so just go to my Brickshelf or Mocpages for more.

Comments and criticisom (creative only please) are of course welcome.

Not bad Commodore, the colour scheme is quite nice. But the stern is way to flat, take this in consideration when builden V.2: use invert tall slopes (nr 75) for the cabin.

I guess you're doing something about the masts too??

Mr Tiber

That's a very decent ship Mr. Norrington!

I like the colors, they go well together. The figurehead looks good.

The way you have made the access to the gundeck is also one of my favorite details of this ship.

I'm looking forward seeing the final result. Do you have some pictures of the gundeck?

The pictures are a bit too big (takes rather long to view them on your Brickshelf).

Might I suggest you have a look at the Batch Image Resize tutorial of Mr. Phes?

Well, these pics are pretty old, so I'll have to take new one's when Sabre V.2 is finished.

How old is pretty old? A year? 10 years? X-D

Or lets put the question another way, how long ago did you build the HMS Sabre V.1?

It's funny that you should mention how old this MOC is since I was about to ask if Mr. ZCerberus' MOCs inspired you. I don't know, maybe I should get my eyes checked...

The MOC itself is very solid, however I think the ship would be better off without the yellow. That way it will maintain a more consistent color scheme. I also like the figurehead. *y*

As mentioned already, but i'll say it again:

The color scheme is real nice,

also, that's a good i dea for a figurehead.

Is this ship still built?

If you like to improve upon it, may i suggest to try to add a tumblehome effect to the sides of the ship?

Bones-apart:No, this ship was destroyed in December. Though in all honesty, the Red-black was inspired by the HMS Exscalibur (now the L'orient).I was going to also have white stripes (For a napoleonic color scheme) but the red-white combination reminded me of a candy-cane too much.

Mr.Phes: The Sabre was built sometime in the winter of 2006 a.d. I got bored with it and later rebuilt it numerous times, but those were boring and thus destroyed and is now being rebuilt as a either (1.)36-40 gun frigate, or (2.) a 50 gun 4th rate.

Might the hull pieces be too big to classify this ship as a "sloop" though? Do you have any smaller hull pieces or is this all you've got?

Well... not any more. I recently ordered hulls on BL and they should have come by now, but I'm on a vacation in Florida so my mail was stoped to keep the stupid neighbor kids from stealing them (They allways try to barter my rare parts off me but I've resisted and I think they would be willing to steal my things.)

Well... not any more. I recently ordered hulls on BL and they should have come by now, but I'm on a vacation in Florida so my mail was stoped to keep the stupid neighbor kids from stealing them (They allways try to barter my rare parts off me but I've resisted and I think they would be willing to steal my things.)

I don't understand. Can you stop your mail from coming in the US? Do they store it temporary in the postal office?

Yes, but once I get back the mail that came while I was gone but was held at the Post Office will come with the mail the day after I return.

I don't understand. Can you stop your mail from coming in the US? Do they store it temporary in the postal office?

I don't understand, You can't stop your mail from coming in Belgium? X-O

X-D

P

You can't stop your mail from coming in Belgium? X-O

Post, you can't stop your post.... X-D

I don't understand, You can't stop your mail from coming in Belgium? X-O

That's the first time I hear about this. I don't know if it is possible in Belgium...

Its not exactly a new concept and has been around as long as I can remember. Although I do have family that works in the post office so maybe I have an insight into what goes on behind the scenes.

But more to the point, when will Mr Norrington likely to receive these hull pieces?

I asked WHEN shall you start building with them, not IF you will start building with them. So I was looking for a time related answer, like "as soon as I get them" or "within 10 days of recieving them"