Wellington

MOC "HMS Interceptor"

Ahoy everyone!

I want to show you my version of the HMS Interceptor from POTC. This moc is intended to match in approximate proportions the official Lego-sets (rather than being a MOC in minifig illusion scale). My aim was also to not use a too excessive amount of pieces. Anyway I tried to use some ship-building techniques which can be seen here in the forum and I'm quite satisfied with the result so far. Until now I can only show you the LDD-images, more detailed pictures will follow when the ship is built in real bricks. :sweet:

interceptor01.jpg

interceptor02.jpg

interceptor03.jpg

What would the ship be without a crew. Commodore Norrington is also already aboard. :grin:

interceptor04.jpg

Comments und tips for improvement are always welcome. :thumbup:

Kind regards,

Wellington

Your brig is well done.. but it seems a bit out of proportions: I would try to add a couple mid sections and a section to the bowsprit. This will make more realistic the length/tallness proportion and you'll have a higher numer of guns.

Your brig is well done.. but it seems a bit out of proportions: I would try to add a couple mid sections and a section to the bowsprit. This will make more realistic the length/tallness proportion and you'll have a higher numer of guns.

Thank's for your reply. You're right that the ship is a bit out of proportions but it had to match roughly the length of my MOD/MOC of the Lego-BP and thus it had to be at least a bit shorter than the BP. Furthermore both ships are a bit like caricatures of the real ones. :grin:

Here's an LDD-Image of my beloved BP MOD/MOC (which will be improved in the future). :grin:

black_pearl001.jpg

But nevertheless I'm really considering to trade off the lenght difference between the two ships for better balanced proportions of the Interceptor. :thumbup:

Best regards,

Wellington

Have you made the Flying Dutchman and the Endeavour??

No, I haven't made neither the Dutchman nor the Endeavour so far. Honestly I never liked the Flying Dutchman's design and thus I'm not keen on building it. But I could image to build the Endeavour in the future (although it should be difficult to downsize a first rate ship of the line so that in terms of size the official Lego sets wouldn't look too ridiculous when standing side by side).

Best regards,

Wellington

Very nice :thumbup: I especially like the colourscheme and the stern details.

IMO, there are a few things which could improve this ship. First of all, I think the headrails/figurehead part is a bit too large.

Secondly, I would remove the lowest yard of the foremast as it doesn't belong there.

Finally, it might look nice if the stern was a bit sloped/overhanging. But that's just a minor issue.

Nevertheless, she's coming along very nicely. Promising!

Looks great so far. Might I get an LFX file so I could take a closet look at this ship? So that I could say what needs improvement..

Captain Becker