BEAVeR

Finally, a LEGO store in Belgium!

It's called Atembo, B Rick

Thanks for the info. I immediatly did some research and found Atembo myself. Those prices are pretty much the same as 't blokjeshuis in Eindhoven (on most sets), but it's a real shop with a large inventory it seems... And they sell packages of seperate pieces! (maybe not as cheap as a pab-wall can be but that is something to find out...

Anybody have some photo's of the Antwerpstore?

It looks like all the other Lego stores

I'll bet it does... ;-)

But as I never been to one IRL I thought it'd be nice to get an impression of size and the way everything is located. How the pab-wall is sorted. A glimpse of the staff, or maybe just to see how busy the store is. One can learn a lot from a pic ;-)

I seriously have no idea how big a Legostore is. I have to drive a great distance so I better make sure it's going to be worth my while..

:-)

Edited by B Rick

Is it worth your while ??..... well... that depends... The P-A-B wall in Belgium is good, not great, and I think it helps that you can call them up front of they have parts that you really want. , VIP Points on all your purchaces ... but the drive there is something to concider ( that is with all stores here in the Netherlands , sadly ). I understand from some people that it is possible to order some parts in whole-sale ( per box , amount to be determent, I really don't know ).

I do it like this : save up some money, buy loose LEGO at the store , and go to Atembo for the sets I really want... for the most part.

The store is great ( also because they speak Dutch ) !! and If you really want to visit a store , I think the Belguim one is the place to go.

grtz Saint

Ah, thanks for the info again, Saint!

'calling them before you make the trip' is a good one. Didn't think of that. Didn't think of them speaking Dutch. That will be a huge benefit. But for now, my first Legostore is going to be the one in Oberhausen (G). Christmaswindowshopping with my girlfriend in 'CentrO', a huge mall that just happens to have a Legostore. :-) I'm really interested in Atembo by the way. Curious about how they sell Legoparts and at what price. And Antwerp is added to my list.

Atembo does sell loose parts, although the parts are a bit expensive.... you're better off buying them through Bricklink .

That was to be expected I guess... At the moment I'm not in the need of lot's of new lego. (...but I'm a succer for a cheap bulkload ofcourse...) A few particular parts would be nice. So Atembo could be of good use for me. It depends on how expansive their inventory is. Any idea? I'm not eager to order online, as I'm affraid it could become a very expensive habbit... ;-)

The Legohobby is relatively new to me so discovering all these (pseudo)lego shops like atembo and Legostore antwerp is truely fun for me. Can't wait! ...but first, Oberhausen...

Well, you always can call them for a particular part if you really need something. They can answer that question better than me , I cannot affort to go there everyday :laugh: !

To be honest, online buying can really be expensive if you don't have a max to your spending, and you have to take in account that S@H can be very expensive from country's ( Like the USA, that is VERY expensive, sorry guys ). But Dutch - based sellers are easy to communicate and can do a little bit more for you.

I'm curious where you live, perhaps a better store is near you , and you didn't realise that :wink: .

But first , Oberhausen !! That was my first LEGO-store and that is a good one ! If you can, try to visit the discovery centre ( through the foodcourt, outside, cross the bridge, cant miss it ) they let you into the store, but not the centre itself if you don't have kids , still a nice store :sweet: .

And last : Essen has a store aswell... I heard that the store has a good selection in the P-A-B, and also update their wall on rebrick.com on a regular basis.

Grtz Saint

Didn't think of that. Didn't think of them speaking Dutch.

Being near Antwerp, that was logical :D

I had the opposite worry, as I asked them questions with my bad Dutch, but they speak well French too.

Well, you always can call them for a particular part if you really need something. They can answer that question better than me , I cannot affort to go there everyday :laugh: ! To be honest, online buying can really be expensive if you don't have a max to your spending, and you have to take in account that S@H can be very expensive from country's ( Like the USA, that is VERY expensive, sorry guys ). But Dutch - based sellers are easy to communicate and can do a little bit more for you. I'm curious where you live, perhaps a better store is near you , and you didn't realise that :wink: .

Good advice Saint. Thanks. I live in Eindhoven and as I said before I think 't Blokjeshuis has the better deals on regular Legosets in my neighbourhood. You're supposed to order online (and pay in cash when you pick up the set if you choose to, like I did). But, they don't sell loose bricks or minifigs...

Being near Antwerp, that was logical :D I had the opposite worry, as I asked them questions with my bad Dutch, but they speak well French too.

Heheh... indeed it was. I just didn't think of it. ;)

I'm looking forward to visit the shop in Antwerp someday. I just got back from Oberhausen (where they have not one but TWO Legostores within 500 meters! THREE, if you also count the toy-departement at the departementstore which has almost the same sellection as the legostores minus the PAB and the merchandise) and it/they didn't disappoint!