BEAVeR

Finally, a LEGO store in Belgium!

The impossible has happened. *oh2*

I just saw this on Brickset:

European brand store openings in September

Belgium's first LEGO brand store will open on the 26th of September, we are told. It will be in the Wijnegem Shopping Centre near Antwerp.

At last, we Belgians don't have to go all the way to Lille or Köln for a store. :cry_happy: (I visited my first LEGO store while on holiday in the USA)

Finally we can acces a Pick a Brick wall without having to pay for the transportation!

My dream has come true. And his come close to my door...

PS: No word yet on special events or promotions, but for all of you guys wanting some free minifigs: go check out this coupon.

Now we need one in The Netherlands please. Antwerpen is closer then Köln for me, but when there will be one in The Netherlands, I would be more happy. So, TLG, if you read this, please make a shop in The Netherlands. But, a shop in Belgium is cool!

I was suprised !!! :grin: This news is like getting the best X-mass present ever !!

Only 3/4 hours drive from my house, there will be......................... a LEGOSTORE !!!! :grin:

Just for the P-A-B wall , the drive is worth it !! special deals ... :wub: can't wait !!

I do agree with Jeroenaa, a store in the Netherlands is wayyyyyyyy past due... I'm mildly optimistic for future stores !!!

grtz Saint

From Brussels it is also much close than the Lille store.

So it will be fine for going "just for the P-a-B" more often than the visits to Lille :)

But I'll probably still go from time to time to Lille, when there are sets cheaper in France than in Belgium.

Edited by antp

:sweet: sets "wise" we're better off here in Breda, there is a store here that sells them way cheaper then LEGO. ( or any shops here in the Netherlands )

Never the less, The store in Belgium will have a lot of customers for the P-A-B. :devil: Let's hope the assortment will be good !!

Of course, the store is useful mostly for P-a-B or exclusive sets.

For common sets I rather buy from Amazon or at Dreamland.

interesting that they open one in Belgium but no one in Holland, Flanders should consider to reconnect with Holland again I think ;) We normally go to Essen or Oberhausen.

Site seems down; it was working previously. I should have saved that coupon. Lets hope it will be back before the store opens...

I read an ad yesterday that Lego is going to open a Lego shop at a renovated section at the Shopping Center of Wijnegem! :-) yoohoo! :-)

they're opening next week and to celebrate they're giving you a minifigure pack if you buy 30 euro of Lego.

I read an ad yesterday that Lego is going to open a Lego shop at a renovated section at the Shopping Center of Wijnegem! :-) yoohoo! :-)

they're opening next week and to celebrate they're giving you a minifigure pack if you buy 30 euro of Lego.

Merged with the existing topic in the LEGO General Discussion and News forum.

This store couldn't be much closer to my home. Wijnegem is just perfect for me!

I am planning to go there during the opening weekend to take a look.

pre-opening ? COOL !!! make a list of the p-a-b please !!!!!!!

Sadly flyer was only available in Dutch, page 1 attached.

Topics:

-The actual 'grand opening' will be 7-9 November

-Double VIP points in Oktober

-Free mini build 'Witch' wednesday 2 Oktober

-Speedorz tournaments every Friday and Saturday

-Ad: Exclusive 'Winter Village'

-Ad 'Become a VIP'

-14-31 Oktober Exclusive Christmas set with purchase above €55,-

Could someone change Topic name? I forgot to add Belgium!

post-89122-0-44328600-1380134937_thumb.jpg

Could someone change Topic name? I forgot to add Belgium!

I have merged it with the existing thread on the opening of the Belgian LEGO Store.

I have merged it with the existing thread on the opening of the Belgian LEGO Store.

Thanks Rick

Have uploaded some pictures of the store here

Edited by ezbricks

Lego designer Marcus was there (He was The designer of The Ewok village). Told us an exclusive... Had never seen Star Wars, before the build. Promised to see them all in 3D :-)

He told me that for In-store MOC, see photos in this thread, he used 3 sets and left some trees out.

Edited by ezbricks

There is a very nice extra tied to the opening of the LEGO Store!

From September 26 to September 29, all mayor toy stores in the Benelux give a 25 % reduction on all LEGO! :wub_drool:

I'm talking about shops like Dreamland (which already has the lowest prices), Fun, Bart Smit, Intertoys, Brickshop (online)...

Even exclusives are included in this sale! So now is the perfect time to pick up, let's say a Death Star or SSD for € 300.

just a pitty that most stores don't have the red five, orthanc, ewok village or opera house yet...

TLC does this to celebrate the opening of the first LEGO store in the Benelux, and has given all mayor toy sellers a permission to reduce the prices to - 25 %

It's strange, however, that S@H isn't offering the same reduction (I,ve sent an e-mail to the customer service, asking for such an initiative. I will keep you informed about the response)

So hurry to your stores as fast as you can. I don't suspect supplies to last long and a simular reduction coming again any time soon...

Edited by BEAVeR

I just found this article, saying that a new LEGO store will be opened in the "Wijnegem Shopping Center". :grin::wub:

So great news for the BENELUX LEGO fans. :tongue:

Didn't you even check the recent topics in the forum you just posted this in? :look:

I've merged this with the existing thread discussing the LEGO Shop in Belgium.

From September 26 to September 29, all mayor toy stores in the Benelux give a 25 % reduction on all LEGO! :wub_drool:

I'm talking about shops like Dreamland (which already has the lowest prices), Fun, Bart Smit, Intertoys, Brickshop (online)...

Even exclusives are included in this sale! So now is the perfect time to pick up, let's say a Death Star or SSD for € 300.

just a pitty that most stores don't have the red five, orthanc, ewok village or opera house yet...

TLC does this to celebrate the opening of the first LEGO store in the Benelux, and has given all mayor toy sellers a permission to reduce the prices to - 25 %

It's strange, however, that S@H isn't offering the same reduction (I,ve sent an e-mail to the customer service, asking for such an initiative. I will keep you informed about the response)

So hurry to your stores as fast as you can. I don't suspect supplies to last long and a simular reduction coming again any time soon...

Well, sorry... I asked the staff and they said I should post it in general... :sceptic: Just remove my post then...

I've just recieved an answer form the costumer service of LEGO. They told me lego S@H and the LEGO Store won't have a simular action, because they already have there own promotions (dubble VIP points next month).

More reasons to hurry to your store immedeately!

I went there this Saturday afternoon

That shopping centre where they put the store is really gigantic. There is nothing comparable in Brussels, were commercial areas are all smaller.

It is somewhat like Euralille.

Getting there is a little annoying. For going it was ok, but for coming back it took me time to get on the highway (the parking lot exit is on the other side, not easy, there were a lot of people). Parking is free but well filled. In the end, I think I'll go there from time to time for the wall, but I'll also continue to go to Lille for the French prices when there is a difference, and I prefer walk through Lille between were I park and Euralille, than going through Antwerp's traffic jams.

The shop is very similar to those from Paris and Lille. The wall contents too.

It was somewhat the same as what I saw in Lille in July.

There were a lot of people (good for Lego, but it was tiring, I hope it was just due to the opening), so I didn't take photos of the wall.

I posted my PAB cups on the related thread: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27795&st=950#entry1705670

Edited by antp

Ahhh, thát's what was going on... I went to Toys XL to go and buy Petshop and MF wherewolf set. I couldn't believe the price at the reg... A few days later I realized being stupid to not buy more cause I really wanted a 2nd haunted house as soon as I got my first. But ofcourse, the sale was over when I got back. Also the Haunted House was sold...

:sweet: sets "wise" we're better off here in Breda, there is a store here that sells them way cheaper then LEGO. ( or any shops here in the Netherlands )

Saint, what Bredastore are you talking about? Are they cheaper than 't blokjeshuis (or sometimes called legohuis) in eindhoven? (=onlinestore BUT you can view the box in person and pay cash at the door)

The Antwerpstore is a nice addition to the europe legostores. Going for the first time to such a store (Oberhausen - Germany)

Edited by B Rick