My 8-year old son likes this and I wish every kid or kidult also likes this. Mind you... it rolls. In each of the big wheels made of black plates there hides 4 real tiny wheels. In the first glance these wheels (16 in total) can't possibly support this giant vihecle but the headache is resolved with the proper use of technic liftarms. Want to see it rolls? Watch this: https://www.facebook...&type=39684756497_359e70ee6e_c.jpg This link below shows how the wheels are made. Sorry, I don't have much time to write in the meantime. This website is in Chinese but the pictures speak themselves: http://www.minifigs....highlight=Mater

Edited by skcheung

Yeah, it looks great! Could you go into a little more detail on how you made the wheels?

Just stopping by in the Special Themes forum for 1 post, lol.

very cool Mater, you did a very nice job...now the challenge would be to make all the character's in Mater's tall tales

Since it's a MOC related to an official TLG license, I've moved this to the Licensed Themes forum.

Wow. Very cool. Lightning next? Pleeeeeeease?

You may probably notice from my profile pic is LEGO Lightning McQueen. Yes... actually this is the first build and Tow Mater is only the second. After a couple of days I will upload that. Edited by skcheung

Yeah, it looks great! Could you go into a little more detail on how you made the wheels?

Just stopping by in the Special Themes forum for 1 post, lol.

I put this link in the first post, and I repeat here: http://www.minifigs.net/forum/viewthread.php?tid=46020&highlight=mater . Sorry, it is in Chinese but I am quite confident that you will understand those pictures.

Excellent work! This is a great example of the fact that when you go big, you can leave those studs out and still get a wonderfully shaped model.

What I'd like to know is how you set the scale. Was there a particular part that you built first, that allowed you to know how big everything else would have to be?

Excellent work! This is a great example of the fact that when you go big, you can leave those studs out and still get a wonderfully shaped model.

What I'd like to know is how you set the scale. Was there a particular part that you built first, that allowed you to know how big everything else would have to be?

A good question... I build the wheels first and then I do a lot of mathematical calculation to set the scale.