Well regarding model team i only have one model from it (5510) and i like the look. But while i still collected stuff during that time i stuck to technic because i didn't really like sets that didn't have any functions to them, just looks. Well not functions in the same way as technic at least. Recent mocs prove that both are most certainly possible. To bad crossovers didn't happen at the time from official sets, i have no idea what mocs where around at the time. Creator seems like it kinda does this at times though.

I didn't have any Model Team sets at all. My interest for LEGO vanished before MT's were even produced. Never the less did MT models have my interest when i started building LEGO models again back in 2008. One of the models that caught my eye was 5571, but honestly I knew I could do better. Obviously this set is a productions set and mine would be a MOC. So more time could be spend on developing this MOC compared to a production set as with LEGO sets.

Well this crossover thing is really my thing. Also do I like to combine Technic studless, studded and System. Together with this I use lots of PF to give models realistic models.

BTW this explains a little why I ask US $25.00. Even this model appears to be quite small, in fact it is, but it really is realistic. As described above it does have solid axle suspension and so on...

Hello Ingmar,

Just wanted to thank-you for releasing these BI for your MOC. I just finished building this great truck and just amazed at how real it looks. When I build a detailed MOC from great designers (as yourself), I take my time and build it like a large cross-word puzzle. I'll only work on them a few hours a day then I stop for a few days. I want the joy of building to last as long as possible! Part of the building joy comes from finding then purchasing all the parts needed for a build.

I'll promise to keep building, if...............you keep releasing new BI for your MOCs. :laugh::thumbup:

@ritztoys: To start with: you are more then welcome and I do like to thank you for these very kind words! I will keep you to your promise, because I can ensure you that I will keep releasing new BI for my creations… :wink: I hope you have a big house :laugh::thumbup:

Did you notice I released the BI for the trailer that goes with this truck?

About what you wrote. Never thought of it that way, but the large cross-word puzzle approach does make sense. It surly is not only about having and/or displaying the model itself, the build of it should be enjoyed too. You are so right about it and so FYI: Right now I am working on a MkII version of US Truck T1, but revised in even more ways then Truck T2. The BI for this model will be available at the start of March 2014. Much more effort is spend on the interior of both the engine compartment and the interior of the cabin itself. So even more fun building and showing of to other people as well… :blush:

Thanks again and keep on building, and as I stated: yes I'll keep releasing BI of my models, that is for sure… :laugh:

yes I'll keep releasing BI of my models, that is for sure… :laugh:

Thank you very much!

I've just started gathering parts for this and the trailer!

I will defenetivly buy all your instructions and build your amazing creations!

Thank you very much!

I've just started gathering parts for this and the trailer!

I will defenetivly buy all your instructions and build your amazing creations!

You are most welcome and nice to read that you are gathering the parts for both models! That is very much appreciated since a lot of effort is put into building and developing the models themselves and again for creating the instructions. I have so much fun building these models and I really do love to share the BI with you all!

Like ritztoys stated, please do enjoy the build itself too, it is not only about having these models… :wink:

Great to see that you are a big fan of what I do and that you are appreciating my effort, thanks so much!!! :thumbup:

@ritztoys: To start with: you are more then welcome and I do like to thank you for these very kind words! I will keep you to your promise, because I can ensure you that I will keep releasing new BI for my creations… :wink: I hope you have a big house :laugh::thumbup:

Did you notice I released the BI for the trailer that goes with this truck?

About what you wrote. Never thought of it that way, but the large cross-word puzzle approach does make sense. It surly is not only about having and/or displaying the model itself, the build of it should be enjoyed too. You are so right about it and so FYI: Right now I am working on a MkII version of US Truck T1, but revised in even more ways then Truck T2. The BI for this model will be available at the start of March 2014. Much more effort is spend on the interior of both the engine compartment and the interior of the cabin itself. So even more fun building and showing of to other people as well… :blush:

Thanks again and keep on building, and as I stated: yes I'll keep releasing BI of my models, that is for sure… :laugh:

Hello Ingmar,

Thanks for your reply, please never apologize for being late. (in this instance :wink: ) I know you must be an extremely busy man, designing, building, building, and then building some more! You have a large fan base and I'm, as well as others, are very thankful that we can enjoy your creations in our own homes. Looking at detailed pictures is great, but to be able to build those creations is Awesome! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks for your reply

These are very kind words to read even more because some people do think I should just "share" my instructions. Your approach and the of many others is very much appreciated, with these words in mind I'll keep on creating instructions… :wink:

About being busy, you are so right about it! :classic: Don't get me wrong, I really like it that much! My plans for now are to release 4 major instructions each year. Most likely 2 truck and trailer combinations, but one can never tell… :wink: Maybe I can even push things up to 6 a year, but that partially depends on the income I make with selling instructions. Live ain't free at all as we all know… :laugh:

I just completed building this fantastic MOC of yours and enjoyed every minute. I like to spread out the building process, so it lasts as long as possible. Don't get me wrong, I can build most MOCs and Lego kits quickly, but what fun is that in building in a hurry?

I added a few personal details, it's almost like 'defacing' the Mona Lisa :wub: ............but away I wanted the improvement. I'll post pictures when I can figure it out. :blush:

Edited by ritztoys

Nice to read that you have finished it! Great approach to spread out the build to enjoy it longer… :thumbup:

About the personal details, please feel free! It is yours after all, go ahead! :tongue: The pictures would be nice, maybe there is a topic about adding pics to this forum. I am pretty sure there is, but I don't know where… :classic:

Great truck and trailer! Well planned and executed. That's one for the display cabinet for the collectors amongst us. Lego should produce it as a special.

H

Great truck and trailer! Well planned and executed. That's one for the display cabinet for the collectors amongst us. Lego should produce it as a special.

H

Thanks for these kind words and great that you notice the effort I put in! :thumbup: For me the collectors are one of the main reason to create instructions for. With this I mean I understand that collectors do like to have this model in a display cabinet as you stated! By creating and selling the instructions people can build a copy to put on display...

About LEGO producing this as a special, where can I sign… :laugh: …and thanks you think this way of this model… :blush:

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

I think I figured out how to upload the proper size file of pictures.................here goes!

I added some tiles to 'clean up' the front bumper.

Edited by ritztoys

I think I figured out how to upload the proper size file of pictures.................here goes!

I added some tiles to 'clean up' the front bumper.

Nope, nothing to see here…

Nope, nothing to see here…

I hate computers............I'm ol' school, so sometimes new stuff is hard to understand without a teacher. :blush: How do you guys upload such great pictures, without exceeding the file size?

Does the file size refer to a total of 'uploaded' photos, or for a single file/picture? Do I have to wait a day and upload a different picture/file?

Edited by ritztoys

I can see the picture! (Even though it's 90 degrees off) ;) looks good and makes even more angcious to build it myself!

I hate computers............I'm ol' school, so sometimes new stuff is hard to understand without a teacher. :blush:

You did a great job on both adding the picture and the 'clean up' of the bumper! I can see the picture now too!!! It is even no longer 90 degrees off, even without a teacher, things are solved… :wink::thumbup:

To start with: Nice to see the truck I designed and made instructions for myself on a picture someone else took at a distance of at least 2500 miles… :laugh::thumbup:

Even though I did decide not to clean the bumper up as you did (I did some research on how to build the bumper) it is very nice to see that you did!!! As I stated a couple of times before on different locations on the Internet: One has to go his or her own way. Always am I encouraging people to do so basically because I needed at least one decade to be brave enough to go mine. Not only with LEGO, but in live in general...

If I recall correct Stephen you did three small changes, any chance to show us the others too?

looks good and makes even more angcious to build it myself!

Nice to see that the build of Stephen (ritztoys) and the picture he uploaded of his change to the model encourage you to start building too… Keep us updated on your build and like Stephen did: take your time building and have as much fun as possible during the build. Don't speed up things, you can enjoy the completed model for the rest of your live… :classic:

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

I don't mind 'studded' aspects of an MOC, but this truck is so amazing in person and real looking, that I did some additions to add to the 'real' looks this model deserves. ( IMHO )

If the forum rules say that I can only upload 100k of info ( per day? ), then I'll post my pictures one per day. I have one more physical change ( addition ) that I did, again to improve the 'real' looks of this MOC. I'll wait until I upload more pictures to explain what I did, pictures can say a thousand words, so I won't "let the cat out of the bag" yet! :grin:

I don't mind 'studded' aspects of an MOC, but this truck is so amazing in person and real looking, that I did some additions to add to the 'real' looks this model deserves. ( IMHO )

If the forum rules say that I can only upload 100k of info ( per day? ), then I'll post my pictures one per day. I have one more physical change ( addition ) that I did, again to improve the 'real' looks of this MOC. I'll wait until I upload more pictures to explain what I did, pictures can say a thousand words, so I won't "let the cat out of the bag" yet! :grin:

Most Eurobricks users do not upload their pictures directly to Eurobricks. As you have noticed, the upload limit makes that almost impossible. In most cases, people use an image hosting service such as Flickr or Bricksafe (recommended). You can post as much as you want there, and then just link to the photos in your post.

Most Eurobricks users do not upload their pictures directly to Eurobricks. As you have noticed, the upload limit makes that almost impossible. In most cases, people use an image hosting service such as Flickr or Bricksafe(recommended). You can post as much as you want there, and then just link to the photos in your post.

Blakbird you are my hero :thumbup: :thumbup: , thank-you for being my picture mentor :wink: Ok guys, I've uploaded my 'additions' to this terrific MOC. The first photo we've all seen, the second shows my truck needed windshield wipers :grin:, the next photo shows were I added some flex tubing to continue the exhaust system. I didn't like the elbow ending in mid-air, so I continued the system into the side of the frame. In real life the exhaust goes around the frame, but this satisfies me on the appearance of such. The next two photos show the completed rig, with some additional chrome, with-in good taste, the more the better :laugh:

Here's my link, hope this works..............http://bricksafe.com/pages/ritztoys

Thanks Blakbird everything worked out OK, I've got some uploading to do on all my projects. Now what to publish...................... :sceptic: ?

640x853.jpg640x853.jpg

Edited by Blakbird
Added embedded images for ritztoys

If you would use the "Image" button Stephen, you can actually add a picture to this conversation. Like I did with the start of this topic. By adding the URL for the smallest image (640x853) the picture shows up here in this topic. That would be very nice and helpful…

Yes: windshield wipers are needed and you did a nice job on those. I would love to see them a little bigger… :classic: …but no clue yet what other part to use. The extended exhaust system is very nice, maybe I can add this to the online instructions. Would you mind? With this all other builders have these extensions too… :thumbup:

About the rack at the back of the sleeper, nice to have it in chrome. I do have plans on selling part packs to pimp this truck. As you stated, with-in good taste, the more chrome the better. So this part pack would contain quite a number of chromed parts to make this truck more shinny. Obviously instructions will be available too.

Again Stephen thanks for your interest in my models and you did a nice job on your additions. Feel free to add even more if you like, it is yours after all… :laugh:

@Blakbird: thanks for helping out!!!

Howdy Ingmar,

"Yes: windshield wipers are needed and you did a nice job on those. I would love to see them a little bigger." You realize that the 'rubber part of the wiper' is there.............you forgot about the most important thing about these MOC of yours.....Imagination. (They're there........ :wink: )

Feel free to add the exhaust extension, I used a 3L axle with stud to secure the flex tubing to the Chrome elbow, or 2 x 3/4 pins on both ends.

Now I need to get back to building your Trailer MKII............. :sweet:

I guess you are right, with imagination and the levers you used, your truck now has windshield wipers… :laugh:

Great that I am free to use the extensions, I sure will update the instructions. This is so nice about having the instructions online, everybody gets the update instantly! This update has to wait till 2014, but that is only a couple of days to go… :wink:

Have fun building and I am curious what things you came up with for this trailer!!! :thumbup:

Thanks Blakbird everything worked out OK, I've got some uploading to do on all my projects. Now what to publish...................... :sceptic: ?

I've embedded a couple of pictures for you in your earlier post to show you how it works. Just paste in the URL of the picture from Bricksafe.

I've embedded a couple of pictures for you in your earlier post to show you how it works. Just paste in the URL of the picture from Bricksafe.

Blakbird,

I'll give it a go the next time I post. Just to be sure............I copy the URL from my browser when I'm on the right picture and picked the proper size photo, then I paste the URL in my post?

It works :laugh: great, thanks Blakbird.

Edited by ritztoys