1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

approvedgold_v2_50.png

Hello everyone,

This polybag review ought to be shared with all of you in a few months ago, since my last visit to LEGOLAND Malaysia in September 2013 and this polybag was part of my shopping basket. I am pleased to pick this up quickly and polybags do not come so easily at times, so I just pick it without hesitation. Let's see if this polybag is worth the effort and value.

Name: 30252 Crug's Swamp Jet

Theme: LEGO System / Legends of Chima

Year: 2013

Pieces: 23

Minifigs: 1 minifigure

Price: USD N.A, GBP N.A, EURO N.A, SGD $8.00, RM 19.90

Resources: Brickset, BrickLink

An original polybag image of the 30252 Crug's Swamp Jet

9678099604_1e3957b527_o.jpg

Back view of the original polybag image of the 30252 Crug's Swamp Jet

9678099356_9ceedae337_o.jpg

Ready for some fast speedy water action?

9674869121_dcc9d82e7b_o.jpg

This will be a short and comprehensive review. More importantly, this polybag served as an appetiser for any LEGO individuals who are unsure of this new Legends of Chima LEGO Theme. This polybag will allow you to have a good insight and deeper appreciation of the new minifigures designing concept which is largely based on the animal tribes rivalry over the control of 'chi' crystals. In this context, this polybag is all about the aquatic deployment of the swamp jet for the Crocodile Tribe.

Instruction Manual (Front)

9674867723_cb6b49e8cd_o.jpg

Instruction Manual (Back)

9678098082_b8fe6a3d2f_o.jpg

The LEGO building content

9678098940_aebaff83e9_o.jpg

These are the laid out content of building up this lovely little new LEGO Legends of Chima polybag set. The building process is quick and fast. It probably take the builder less than five minutes to finish building. After the built is completed, this is the only remaining spare part.

My name is Crug and I belonged to the Croc tribe

9674867079_bedd5ac064_o.jpg

Crug's body structure revolved around the minifigure scale and the outer layer features his crocodile physical characteristics. The level of details is highly recognised, coupled with the fact that it comes with back printing and double head printing. These details are welcoming to know. Crug has appeared in just a few LEGO sets and not to mention that he has his very own new Speedorz set as well. My only complaint is the lack of weapon for Crug. It could be much complete in this manner

The completed built of the Swamp Jet

9678096936_145604a7e4_o.jpg

After completing the built of the Swamp Jet, you may find the entire design to be very simplistic. True enough, it utilise less than 30 bricks to construct this Swamp Jet and yet an individual can still readily recognise the direct usage of it. The overall colour schema made use of grey, red and dark olive green combination which is the primary colour of the Crocodile Tribe. On a whole approach, this is certainly an effective simplistic Swamp Jet that can be quickly deployed to respond towards water skirmishes.

Lifting the front of the Swamp Jet

9678100238_a5c4102481_o.jpg

The front of the Swamp Jet can be lifted upwards. Somehow or another, I find it quite familiar and able to relate it to the crocodile jaws. :tongue:

Where shall I place the 'CHI' crystal in order to power up my Swamp Jet?

9678100052_025988ab16_o.jpg

To conclude, I am very satisfied with this polybag design and more importantly, it is able to provide me a greater insight to the Crocodile Tribe minifigure in terms of seeing and appreciating the in-depth design features. This also allow me to obtain Crug in an inexpensive manner without buying regular LEGO sets. All in all, I will encourage you to grab this without second thought only if the pricing is very very reasonable. Otherwise, it's alright to give it a miss.

Summary review

Playability: 6/10 (The Swamp Jet can be deployed in many water battles quickly.)

Design: 7/10 (Limited parts and simplistic design but able to utilise the parts well.)

Price: 8/10 (The price that I paid for, is quite reasonable for a polybag price.)

Overall: 7/10 (Grab this polybag if you are able to find it reasonably priced.)

I gave it a "4" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about yours?

I hope every one of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Criticisms are strongly welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Flickr and My Brickshelf (When moderated)

Dear all,

I will like to share this long overdue simple review with our Eurobricks Community. I am glad to wrap this up without any further delay.

WhiteFang

Perhaps a little late, but great review! My son got me one of these from a ferry gift shop whilst on a school trip, and it's got some lovely olive parts!

The 2X4 plate in olive is... :wub:

Also, great minifigure!

Oh, and thanks for the review :grin: