Nom Carver

The comparison topic

Does anyone have some comparison shots of the new TFA models yet?

FBTB showed the new Tie next to the last one and damn does it look better!

Edited by Bissspuren

I have all the new Force awakens sets and some of the previous models to compare to as well. Would you like me to take some comparison shots later tonight?

Sorry for the slow reply, I got busy building my stormtrooper armour last night.

Anyway, I took some photos of the 2011 falcon vs the Force awakens one. This is the first time I've had them side by side myself and I was surprised at how much more detail the new one has!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/Michael_Peter_Whiteley/Falcon%20Force%20awakens%20vs%20A%20new%20hope/0A42F436-40C8-4F9C-B3E5-61D2728D03E8_zpstxkkwyhu.jpg

I also took some photos of the last three X-wings together too.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/Michael_Peter_Whiteley/Lego%20X%20wings/71CA9CC3-C1B7-476A-8BFD-AC2FA27ECFD5_zpsrhukcb0g.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality of photo, I don't have the time or the means at the moment to take much better ones. I hope it gives you an idea of the sets evolution though.

Edited by Brickprawn

Thank you Brickprawn!!! these pics will do just fine, I had to choose only one pic per set because their size but that will allow us to give a good look at the sets, thanks again and may the force be with you always :yoda:.

By the way, I updated the first post with these pics of yours:

BD9EC898-AB50-4D08-B371-1B8785E4262F_zps5p6sofy2.jpgC54B77F8-BC23-46AA-A94C-D3C2C97E8EAA_zpsv35y9gif.jpg

Edited by Nom Carver

Sorry for the slow reply, I got busy building my stormtrooper armour last night.

You're doing a TK build? Are you on FISD?

Would anyone be interested in seeing comparisons between the Imperial Shuttle Tydirium and Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle?

I don't think either will fit in my current lightbox setup, but I bet I can figure something out.

Would anyone be interested in seeing comparisons between the Imperial Shuttle Tydirium and Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle?

I don't think either will fit in my current lightbox setup, but I bet I can figure something out.

Yes please ;)

You're doing a TK build? Are you on FISD?

Yeah, I'm registered on there as 'whiteleym' I don't post too often just tend to use the threads for advice with my build mainly. You can see my troopermaster lid on the photobucket page I linked further up.

Thank you Brickprawn!!! these pics will do just fine, I had to choose only one pic per set because their size but that will allow us to give a good look at the sets, thanks again and may the force be with you always :yoda:.

By the way, I updated the first post with these pics of yours:

<snip>

I really don't get whey they arbitrarily used a darker grey and added even dark grey plates to the Falcon's hull.. I understand that it's to help improve the patchwork juryrigged appearance, and yes it gives some contrast and depth but that's not what it looks like. It's not even grey to begin with, it's actually white with light gray patches, it's simply not dark grey like that.. Even so, the old kit looks much truer to its actual appearance.

In comparison, here's the actual stage prop:

falcon_front.0.jpg

There go my hopes for a color correct Falcon redesign :(

I don't like the new X-Wing colors at all either.. They had it near perfect with te 9493, but now I can't find one that won't cost me an arm and a leg.. I really feel frustrated because I can't enjoy any of the new kits enough to warrant a purchase, they all feel like letdowns.. :(

Edited by MKJoshA
Please don't quote pictures

You know, about the new colors of the X-Wing, we will get used to it quickly.

And as someone said earlier, I'm pretty sure we will all want our halloween X-Wing after seeing destroying some TIE it in The Force Awakens :classic:

Whilst I agree the old Falcons colour scheme was more accurate to the source material I think I kind of prefer the new one. The darker patches give it an old and used look and somehow make it appear much more detailed. Saying that the old Falcon is still brilliant and I think they look great sat together.

I really don't get whey they arbitrarily used a darker grey and added even dark grey plates to the Falcon's hull.. I understand that it's to help improve the patchwork juryrigged appearance, and yes it gives some contrast and depth but that's not what it looks like. It's not even grey to begin with, it's actually white with light gray patches, it's simply not dark grey like that.. Even so, the old kit looks much truer to its actual appearance.

In comparison, here's the actual stage prop:

There go my hopes for a color correct Falcon redesign :(

I don't like the new X-Wing colors at all either.. They had it near perfect with te 9493, but now I can't find one that won't cost me an arm and a leg.. I really feel frustrated because I can't enjoy any of the new kits enough to warrant a purchase, they all feel like letdowns.. :(

Bricklinking some light bley to replace the dark bley areas should be easy enough, but i think itll be hard to get it looking just right, the real falcon has a weathered look that is very hard to capture with bricks.

Yeah, I'm registered on there as 'whiteleym' I don't post too often just tend to use the threads for advice with my build mainly. You can see my troopermaster lid on the photobucket page I linked further up.

Very cool; I'm Chills over there, as well. I did a build thread of my TM suit, and also my Death Star room.

The helmet looks great.

I'll take a look for your build. I'm kind of nearing the end of mine now. Just the legs and arms to attach and then some final adjustments to the abdomen. The TM armour is very impressive!

You know, about the new colors of the X-Wing, we will get used to it quickly.

And as someone said earlier, I'm pretty sure we will all want our halloween X-Wing after seeing destroying some TIE it in The Force Awakens :classic:

I got my halloween X-Wing. I hated myself for a while for not resiating the impulse.. But damnit, it's an X-Wing and my first. I already love it.

Edited by appiah4

I'd probably go as far as saying the Force awakens X-wing is my favourite so far. I didn't think it could beat the 9493 but the shape and cockpit piece are excellent. It will be great to get one in white/grey and blue at some point.