Nom Carver

The comparison topic

I can't believe the size difference. I think I want this now and sell my clone wars one. Anyone want it LOL.

Do so but dont forget to take a picture of it before selling :wink: .

Talking seriously, the new one has great improvements and the size reduction makes look more like a beetle and less as a cockroach.

Do so but dont forget to take a picture of it before selling :wink: .

Talking seriously, the new one has great improvements and the size reduction makes look more like a beetle and less as a cockroach.

I bought the new one, and still have the old one.

I think I will make a picture from front after I build it of both together.

I bought the new one, and still have the old one.

I think I will make a picture from front after I build it of both together.

Please, and you could post it over here if you want, this is a community effort.

Please, and you could post it over here if you want, this is a community effort.

Of course :)

V wing comparison by Darth Ray on flickr:

5399661419_73e607e3e9.jpg

Geonosian fighter comparison by Darth Ray on flickr:

6107343963_a53cc1b95e.jpg

Snowspeeder comparison by Darth Ray on flickr:

4824772591_0b02ed1a62.jpg

Swamp speeder comparison by Darth Ray on flickr:

4455188553_4b43c3eb76.jpg

Escape pod comparison by Darth Ray on flickr:

6820666983_e7b9d24f9e.jpg

Gungan sub comparison by Darth Ray on flickr:

9492214078_c82f1c7580.jpg

Edited by Nom Carver

I can't believe the size difference. I think I want this now and sell my clone wars one. Anyone want it LOL.

Are you insane?! Sell the beautiful large sized Clone Wars one for this aborted short and ugly thing?! De gustibus non est discutandum apparently, I believed everyone was appaled by this new one, now I discover someone actually likes it... But that anyone would prefer it to the old one, that's beyond me :blush:

Are you insane?! Sell the beautiful large sized Clone Wars one for this aborted short and ugly thing?! De gustibus non est discutandum apparently, I believed everyone was appaled by this new one, now I discover someone actually likes it... But that anyone would prefer it to the old one, that's beyond me :blush:

The new one looks waaay better besides its size.

I own them both, and I prefer the new one. The old one is much too large, however, it has nice red details that are missed in the new one.

you have to put them side by side, but then, again, De gustibus non est discutandum. (because this is and English-speaking forum I'll translate: There is not to be discussed about taste.)

By the way, I'm going to sell the old one soon :devil:

Funny that this all got posted today as I bought the new AT-TE today at amazon for 25% off so couldnt resist. The new one IMO is definitely the better looking and I will be taking the red highlights from the CW one to put on the Ep II one. I guess the real judging moment will be when I have them side by side. I won't sell the old one as I might gift it to one of my nephews who is starting to get into Star Wars Legos. And kudos on using Latin, don't see that often.

Edited by jmagaletta

Funny that this all got posted today as I bought the new AT-TE today at amazon for 25% off so couldnt resist. The new one IMO is definitely the better looking and I will be taking the red highlights from the CW one to put on the Ep II one. I guess the real judging moment will be when I have them side by side. I won't sell the old one as I might gift it to one of my nephews who is starting to get into Star Wars Legos. And kudos on using Latin, don't see that often.

Can you please take a lot of comparison pics and post a link to your flickr or something once you build the new one? Now that all of you guys seem to defend the new one, I'm starting to question my judgment :wacko: It's quite possible that my first impression was one of such dissapointment with always smaller and smaller sets that I couldn't focus on the good sides of the new one. But when I saw the absence of red, a cheap looking gun and less detailed mid-legs round piece (only one piece on the new set moreover) I was quite 'wtf'-ed... I'd like to compare it from different angles.

Old AT-TE was one of my favorite sets to build, can't say, I built a Death Star, Dropship, these were all amazing builds, but there was something special about AT-TE, like condensed piece of build-heaven, that's probably why I am so fond of it. That old one was retired by the time I came out of my dark ages, but I managed to snatch it on ebay for a reasonable price. I tried to do that with the old Gunship as well but with no success. I can't describe you how happy I was when I found out it was being re-realesed. And contrary to the new AT-TE, I found the new gunship to be far superior than the old one, and not only because of the cockpit pieces, proportions, lines, everything has been improved (ok, save for the doors). Watching AT-TE after that, well, let's just say I was happy I got that thing off ebay and failed to get the Gunship instead of the other way around :tongue:

What do you guys think about the new Gunship vs. the old one and also, new Corporate Alliance Tank against the old one (my vote goes to the old one there as well)?

I can take some pictures for you. Let me know exactly what angles you would want so I can satisfy your curiosity. As for your question I never had the old gunship but I like the look of the new one better and it was a fun build. I do plan on modding doors onto mine like the old release but haven't had the time to try it. The same for the tank droid, have the new one dont have the old but going by pictures the new one looks better but the old one had the nice printed dish piece.

I can take some pictures for you. Let me know exactly what angles you would want so I can satisfy your curiosity. As for your question I never had the old gunship but I like the look of the new one better and it was a fun build. I do plan on modding doors onto mine like the old release but haven't had the time to try it. The same for the tank droid, have the new one dont have the old but going by pictures the new one looks better but the old one had the nice printed dish piece.

Oh just few usual angles, I am not that much of a perfectionist :blush: Front, front slightly out of axis, canon area, hind legs :classic:

Thanks!

Oh just few usual angles, I am not that much of a perfectionist :blush: Front, front slightly out of axis, canon area, hind legs :classic:

Thanks!

You could also just buy it yourself, after all, Modo vivimus unus! (or in normal English: YOLO!.... :grin: )

Please, and can you also tell us (post them) over here on this topic? that would make me really happy.

You could also just buy it yourself, after all, Modo vivimus unus! (or in normal English: YOLO!.... :grin: )

I don't think so. The first thing I mean, I like my old one, not getting philosophical :wink:

Republic frigate comparison by Rufus at EB: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=59200

6050695282_921999cefc_z.jpg

6017939263_f9385b7a80_z.jpg

General Grievous' Starfighter comparison by Oky at EB: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=46897

p1080496_small.jpg

p1080501_small.jpg

Clone Turbo Tank comparison by Masked Builder at EB: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=56646

img_4024.jpg

JSF comparison by aayla-secura at EB: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=69567

dscf0939c.jpg

A wing comparison by Dfenz at EB: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27855

img_3087_1.jpg

Edited by Nom Carver

Link to my misc SW Flickr folder

Here are some more you might want included. I'm late to the party with SW Lego so I don't have all of the 5 million versions of Luke, Han, Anakin, Obi-Wan etc so I'll just post the minifig comparisons that are more complete.

8715911185_09eb4329db.jpg

Sith Troopers

8717031742_5d6ab35d1f.jpg8715912357_f39e605874.jpg8717031848_a144c04cd4.jpg

Captain Rex

9553380394_3de2f5d288.jpg

Mirialan Jedi (minus LUL Luminara)

11182529545_5485a137b2_z.jpg11182596774_ce8c74cd96_z.jpg

Planet Sets - Buildable Galaxy series 1 & 2 and 3 & 4

Update:

RGS comparison by Darth Ray on flickr: http://www.flickr.co...l-15928742@N00/

That sticker on the wing of the old one. :oh3: I hope the new one of mine will not peel off all that fast! :wink:

BTW I still have to take some pics for you Nom Carver, like I promised.

That sticker on the wing of the old one. :oh3: I hope the new one of mine will not peel off all that fast! :wink:

BTW I still have to take some pics for you Nom Carver, like I promised.

No worries :wink: , regarding to the stickers, that's why I hate them.

I'm curious what people do with their sets that make the stickers peel. I have 20 year old stickered bricks that still look OKish, a bit faded and scratched but not peeling.

I'm curious what people do with their sets that make the stickers peel. I have 20 year old stickered bricks that still look OKish, a bit faded and scratched but not peeling.

Trying to remove & reapply them would definitely make them go like that. The older stickers were more paper-y and if you didn't get them straight first go, tough luck.