Legonardo

Derlin the druids' cottage

for heroica, but it fits here too, and as im not allowed to make a seperate topic there, you may aswell enjoy the moc too.

Derlin's the most powerful druid in all the land. unfortunately hes often far too drunk to safely negotiate with, so he lives a solitary life in the dead lands. well kinda, unless you count his decapitated test subje..i mean friends.

built for the EB heroica second year anniversary contest, yes the interior is part of the same build.

those rocks...

9669252933_aedab8e98a_z.jpg

9672481146_67da46a207_c.jpg

proof

:)

9669248967_22c38a960d_c.jpg

Set in nocty. enjoy!

Wow, the rockwork in this MOC is some of the best I've ever seen! I love the typical LD style roof, and the interior is great as well. This must be your best MOC yet!

Incredible rockwork as always and I really like the colorscheme of the build :thumbup:

Great to see you did an interior too, the fire place and stand for the barrel are excellent.

The angled wood supports on the house are pretty sweet, I don't recall seeing them done the way you did with 1x2 tiles.

Only one thing bothers me a bit: the gap at the peak of the roof. If you could have done some sort of gables to cover that up I think it would look better :classic:

Amazing build, LD! I absolutely love the curved rock texture. :wub: Its also nice to see the interior and how you minimized brick count in the back. :wink: Its always a pleasure to view you builds.

So many things to like in this MOC :) really awesomely done! Congratz Legonardo!

wow ld, this is so beautiful. It's been a while since we last saw something from you, but it was worth waiting for it!

I really like the stonework on the house itself. I need to get to work on mine sometime. This is very inspiring.

The added interior is a nice touch. I like how from one angle it looks like a complete build and from the other you can see it is only half with an interior. Very neat build idea.

Keep up the great work!

I love this moc and you did a great job with the house. The rock work is also done very well too.

I can't even imagine how the rocks are positioned into those impossible angles! Great work!

I like it that you posted this here too, I would definitely have missed it otherwise!

Nice build overall, and I especially like how you did the ground. Any chance that we might see a "behind the slopes" shot of your rocks sometime? :wink:

Wow mate! You are a real moc expert! Where is his badge?! ;)

I love this one, the rocks are as always great! Where is the tutorial for those?! :)

Nothing really to nitpick about in this one! Great work!

Edit: Nitpick! You should be building for Avalonia man!! ;)

Edited by de Gothia

Wow! Insane build LD! Love the rockwork! The use of olive green is great, and so is the burnt orange! Love the cottage (stonework and woodwork are both great) and the roof is very nice! Nice interior too! :sweet:

Seems like its not given anymore ...

That's all kinds of awesome. I love the stonework on the house!

thanks!

Wow, the rockwork in this MOC is some of the best I've ever seen! I love the typical LD style roof, and the interior is great as well. This must be your best MOC yet!

thanks!

Incredible rockwork as always and I really like the colorscheme of the build :thumbup:

Great to see you did an interior too, the fire place and stand for the barrel are excellent.

The angled wood supports on the house are pretty sweet, I don't recall seeing them done the way you did with 1x2 tiles.

Only one thing bothers me a bit: the gap at the peak of the roof. If you could have done some sort of gables to cover that up I think it would look better :classic:

thanks mate, very valid point about the roof, I'll keep it in mind for next time.

Amazing build, LD! I absolutely love the curved rock texture. :wub: Its also nice to see the interior and how you minimized brick count in the back. :wink: Its always a pleasure to view you builds.

thanks!

So many things to like in this MOC :) really awesomely done! Congratz Legonardo!

thanks!

wow ld, this is so beautiful. It's been a while since we last saw something from you, but it was worth waiting for it!

sadly yeah, exams this month then again in November, then two months of holiday.unless the summer decides to be awesome and i have a life,i should have a crap lead of time for building!

Amazing! I like it.

Nice rockwork.

thanks!

I really like the stonework on the house itself. I need to get to work on mine sometime. This is very inspiring.

The added interior is a nice touch. I like how from one angle it looks like a complete build and from the other you can see it is only half with an interior. Very neat build idea.

Keep up the great work

you should see the behind of my bigger builds, unless you agree shown otherwise, all my mocs are two walls.

I love this moc and you did a great job with the house. The rock work is also done very well too.

thanks!

I can't even imagine how the rocks are positioned into those impossible angles! Great work!

with clips, hinges and patience.

I like it that you posted this here too, I would definitely have missed it otherwise!

Nice build overall, and I especially like how you did the ground. Any chance that we might see a "behind the slopes" shot of your rocks sometime? :wink:

thanks, probably not, but i may record the building of one rock formation one day.who knows?

As usual great work Legonardo :thumbup: :thumbup:

:-D thanks!

I love this one, the rocks are as always great! Where is the tutorial for those?! :)

Nothing really to nitpick about in this one! Great work!

Edit: Nitpick! You should be building for Avalonia man!! ;)

dunno, not where badges normally go? :'( tutorial for this sort of thing is hard, every thing is so unique and different,i may give it a shot but no guaranty. Yeah, a few more nocty builds then i might come back home, depending on how serious my exile is.

This is really great

thanks!

A masterpiece, as usual! That rock work is freaking fantastic!

Wow! Insane build LD! Love the rockwork! The use of olive green is great, and so is the burnt orange! Love the cottage (stonework and woodwork are both great) and the roof is very nice! Nice interior too! :sweet:

thank you!

It is a great moc! I don't think you guys are getting a tutorial on those rocks. I told him to keep it our secret!

thanks, haha, its very unlikely.

Seems like its not given anymore ...

I hope you're wrong (that sounds bad, but you get what i mean)

I do really like the rocks their shapes are very natural, and I am fond of the interior too.

This build is different from what Ive seen you built in the past, is a nice one. :classic: