Hi,

My name is Cyril but call me Svad :) I live in Belgium.

I'm 20 and got back into Lego in the 2012 summer. I was just browsing all sort of nothing on the web (cause iunno, I was bored), looked up the modern Lego set and I ended up drooling in front of the Grievous minifig from set 8095. When I was younger, I had had the old grievous fig which was totally ugly but Grievous is my favorite SW charachter so... I just had to get it.

Since then, I got a lot of other lego sets and my father also got into Lego again. He really enjoyed it when he was a child/teenager, he had a small Legotown in his attic. So my father is now a strong AFOL and I'm somewhere between TFOL and AFOL.

I'm interested in Trains, Super Heroes (Marvel & Batman), Star Wars and some Technic, Cuusoo and City sets. My father is into Modular buildings and holiday sets but he has also started his own brick store.

I recently started posting pictures of what I build, sets or whatever on flickr. Right now, you'll find stuff about trains and the 41999 that I just build.

I also like playing basketball (go OKC) and I listen to a lot of music: at the moment mostly metalcore/post-hardcore but I also listen to metal, post-grunge, grunge and dubstep.

Thanks for reading me, see you around :wink:

Edited by Svad

Aw, you're an OKC fan? :( I've started rooting against them ever since they knocked out the Lakers out of the playoffs in the 10-11 season.

Regardless, welcome to Eurobricks!

@Leo Crimson:

Well, I kinda got into basketball (playing around) during the 10-11 season.

I decided to follow part of the playoffs so I wanted to find a team to follow but I basically knew nothing about the league except some players like Wade or Shaq.

I saw the amazing Heat team and started following them in their playoffs run in 10-11, 11-12 and 12-13. Pretty good choice since they made it 3 times in 3 years to the finals :laugh:

But after watching a lot of James, James, James... I'm really bored of him :sceptic:

This summer I really got into basketball, I started playing street games with friends and unknown people met on the court. I wanted to find another team to follow during the whole year (13-14) this time and there's a lot of promising team out there (Rockets, Bulls, Pacers, Clippers, ...). So during the summer I've also watched a lot of games of other teams from the past 2 years.

I came up with the Thunder, here's a few reason why:

- Ibaka, the 2-time block champion, also has a great mid range shot.

- Durant, the 3-time scoring champion, tall and fast, I feel like everytime he shots, the ball gets in.

- Westbrook, so athletic (just like my favorite out there: D-Rose).

- Harden, not there anymore but I watched most of the Thunder 11-12 playoffs run.

- Other players like Sefalosha, Collison, Martin in 12-13, ...

- The home crowd.

So yeah, all of that to say I'm an OKC fan.

Well I can certainly understand why you like OKC; basically all of my friends that like them as well have the same reasons as you. I'm from Canada and was born in Toronto so naturally I'm a big Raptors fan. :P The Lakers are my 2nd favourite team, mainly because Kobe's my favourite player ever.

And yeah, management made a huge mistake trading Harden away so they could sign Kendrick Perkins, especially considering his breaking out in Houston and the fact they only got a mid 1st round pick and one year of Kevin Martin in return. I feel like they're going to drop a little this year because of Westbrook's recovery. As for breakout teams, I'm definitely going to watch for Cleveland this year, and maybe New Orleans as well.

There's some interesting looking scenery going on around your railway track... and welcome to the forums.

@Leo Crimson:

You must have been pissed off when Bosh went to Miami :sceptic:

@Eurotrash:

I don't really understand what that means (english isn't my native language), but thanks I guess :classic:

Edited by Svad

@Eurotrash:

I don't really understand what that means (english isn't my native language), but thanks I guess :classic:

I mean I really like the trees and the vegetation in this picture - it's well done and natural looking

9631446076_b448e0dfb3_z.jpg

@Leo Crimson:

You must have been pissed off when Bosh went to Miami :sceptic:

Without a doubt. It was kind of a conflicted feeling for me cause at the time I could also understand why LeBron left Cleveland, which was basically the same reason Bosh was leaving. It seems to have worked out well in the long term though, cause Jonas Valanciunas is shaping up pretty well so the Raptors are pretty set for big men. The Bargnani trade was a great bargain too.

@eurotrash:

Thanks, natural looking is what I was aiming for. :blush:

@Aeridian:

Thanks. :classic: