Wedge09

[SoNE Ep. I] In the deep of Cloud City

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Here is my entry for SoNE Ep. I: In the deep of Cloud City

The squad with the soldier Wedge09 is tasked to reach a Rebel cell hinding in the lower sections of Cloud City. The squad find the rebel cell but the Imperial find them and the fights began. In the rebel retreat, soldier Wedge09 is the last man to retreat in the technical room.

9656808202_16779618db_c.jpg

9656732220_f7dc587461_c.jpg

9653552869_44e6b239b0_c.jpg

9653529665_1702a833bb_c.jpg

The Imperials are coming...

9656746512_5fa75d1fe6_c.jpg

...and the rebels retreat.

9653591403_dffc9f2f08_c.jpg

If you use lights?

In this two last photos, I try to give more atmosphere using some lights.

9653603919_f2586b4896_c.jpg

9653615269_ee65c17151_c.jpg

C&C are always welcome, I hope you enjoy my small work :sweet:

This looks like a very promising start, but there's plenty of things I'd change before the deadline. The use of only 1x2 gray bricks makes the room look too much like made of stone. Also the brick bricks don't fit there, since stone is the last material they'd use in Cloud City. The technic mechanism for angling the hallway should be hidden somehow - a roof or something. And another thing, more of my personal issue, yellows and fleshies do not belong in the same MOC! I don't mind either but together they look horrible as long as they both represent humans ... On the other hand I love the angled hallway, the detail in storage room is also nice and the minifig positioning is quite logical and entertaining. I'd say this is a great start which with some improvements could really become an outstanding MOC!

Edited by MstrOfPppts

Good build :thumbup: , I specially like the corridor and the pictures with lighting, the sloped walls are very original but I personaly dont think they look so good but that may just be me, and my last recomendation is about the grey wall, you can complete it and add some details on it.

Are you fighting for the rebelion or the empire?

I like it! It is small, cramped and therefore looks hectic.. Just like an evacuation would be! I don't mind the stone wall; for all we know it could be layers of metal. Nice build!

Nice build! I like the sloped walls and the use of the black pillars/columns (or whatever they're called!). :thumbup:

I'd cover up the rest of the floor on the rebel side with tiles or grilles. I often use jumpers or single studs mixed in with the regular tiles so I can fix the positioning of the minifigs. Makes it a lot easier to photograph! :laugh:

Maybe finish/smooth out the top of the rebel room also.

Cool build! I like the angled beams - I think the hallway has a definite Cloud City feel. The minifig posing is nice too, especially the stormtroopers. Also, I've always felt that yellow and fleshy minifigs could just represent different races / skin tones, so I don't mind it.

I rather like the exposed Technic; it adds to the industrial feel and the excellent overall atmosphere of this MOC. :thumbup: And I don't really mind the ruined stonework look...until I think of it as Cloud City, and then it sort of doesn't fit, as others have said. Maybe cover them with some tiles arranged to look like deteriorating metal plating? Or a tangle of pipes and wires?

This looks like a very promising start, but there's plenty of things I'd change before the deadline. The use of only 1x2 gray bricks makes the room look too much like made of stone. Also the brick bricks don't fit there, since stone is the last material they'd use in Cloud City. The technic mechanism for angling the hallway should be hidden somehow - a roof or something. And another thing, more of my personal issue, yellows and fleshies do not belong in the same MOC! I don't mind either but together they look horrible as long as they both represent humans ... On the other hand I love the angled hallway, the detail in storage room is also nice and the minifig positioning is quite logical and entertaining. I'd say this is a great start which with some improvements could really become an outstanding MOC!

Ehm, I have already demolished it :look: Thanks anyway for the tips, I will try to take them in account for the future :wink: I haven't even thought about the minifig's colors when I put them :grin:

Good build :thumbup: , I specially like the corridor and the pictures with lighting, the sloped walls are very original but I personaly dont think they look so good but that may just be me, and my last recomendation is about the grey wall, you can complete it and add some details on it.

Are you fighting for the rebelion or the empire?

Thanks for the tip; I fight for the Rebelion :classic:

I like it! It is small, cramped and therefore looks hectic.. Just like an evacuation would be! I don't mind the stone wall; for all we know it could be layers of metal. Nice build!

Thanks, glad you like it :classic:

Nice build! I like the sloped walls and the use of the black pillars/columns (or whatever they're called!). :thumbup:

I'd cover up the rest of the floor on the rebel side with tiles or grilles. I often use jumpers or single studs mixed in with the regular tiles so I can fix the positioning of the minifigs. Makes it a lot easier to photograph! :laugh:

Maybe finish/smooth out the top of the rebel room also.

Thanks LegoFjotten; you aren't the only fixing the minifig with this method :wink:

Cool build! I like the angled beams - I think the hallway has a definite Cloud City feel. The minifig posing is nice too, especially the stormtroopers. Also, I've always felt that yellow and fleshy minifigs could just represent different races / skin tones, so I don't mind it.

Thanks LucasLaughing :classic:

I rather like the exposed Technic; it adds to the industrial feel and the excellent overall atmosphere of this MOC. :thumbup: And I don't really mind the ruined stonework look...until I think of it as Cloud City, and then it sort of doesn't fit, as others have said. Maybe cover them with some tiles arranged to look like deteriorating metal plating? Or a tangle of pipes and wires?

Yes, the stone work isn't right, the tip about the deteriorating metal plating could be good for the future, I think :wink:

Love the idea of the corridor.

While it's a lot of grey you've put enough contrast with the bright colors of the small details.

:thumbup:

Love the idea of the corridor.

While it's a lot of grey you've put enough contrast with the bright colors of the small details.

:thumbup:

Thanks Covi, glad you like it :classic:

Great work on the angled corridor! I think this would work perfectly in an imperial installation as well, but I would try widening the top connection by one or two connectors. I'd love to see a shot of the interior of that hallway as well. I also really like the use of the pillars and the flooring in your hallway, and the lighting shots came out great! You've done a great job of capturing your scene here with the Rebels rushing about their work and the Stormies rushing in. Very good job!

This is a very original build, I love it :wub_drool:

Thanks Bkrosell, glad you like it :classic:

Great work on the angled corridor! I think this would work perfectly in an imperial installation as well, but I would try widening the top connection by one or two connectors. I'd love to see a shot of the interior of that hallway as well. I also really like the use of the pillars and the flooring in your hallway, and the lighting shots came out great! You've done a great job of capturing your scene here with the Rebels rushing about their work and the Stormies rushing in. Very good job!

Thanks a lot rogueang, I'm really happy you like so much my small work :sweet:

I like this! My favorite part is the exposed studs in the floor and the traditional look of the stacked bricks on the walls with studs exposed as well. I think it works overall, because you've added some nice details elsewhere to keep the entire build pleasing to the eye! :wub:

I like this! My favorite part is the exposed studs in the floor and the traditional look of the stacked bricks on the walls with studs exposed as well. I think it works overall, because you've added some nice details elsewhere to keep the entire build pleasing to the eye! :wub:

Thanks Dapper-D2, glad you like it so much :thumbup: :thumbup: