GRogall

Lego 2013 Holiday Sets 1/2 2/2 (HR Images)

I think the minimum purchase will be $99 as in previous years for each. I wish they would give the option of buying them alone. I'll get the first one with the new Christmas Market. Not sure there's anything over $100 that I want after that.

I really like the Christmas tree vendor, but am a bit at a loss on the second one...at first thought it was a snowplow, but it isn't...more of a delivery truck, which I am not sure what this has to do with Christmas. I like it, but just confused on it being a part of the holiday line. Maybe it just fits with the winter village line in some respect, which is great, I would love to have all those, really like the carousel theme to this years set.

I really like the Christmas tree vendor, but am a bit at a loss on the second one...at first thought it was a snowplow, but it isn't...more of a delivery truck, which I am not sure what this has to do with Christmas. I like it, but just confused on it being a part of the holiday line. Maybe it just fits with the winter village line in some respect, which is great, I would love to have all those, really like the carousel theme to this years set.

It's the car to deliver the trees silly! But I do agree they could make something else. Anyway both of them makes great addition to Winter village!

Not sure why people have a problem with the pickup truck delivering a christmas tree? It is actually a common christmas seen and represented very well in this set.

At first I was a tad disappointed since we got a Christmas tree stall in the WV Bakery, as mentioned above, but this one is much better. I'll probably convert the stall from the Bakery into a coffee stand or something and add it to the WV market.

Anyway both of them makes great addition to Winter village!

Yes, and I prefer these rather than this year's winter village set...

I'll have to find something to buy to get these :laugh:

Thanks Grogall, appreciate the pics. Nice looking little sets, I dunno if I'd go too far out of my way to get them, but since I've got some stuff to buy anyway? They'll look nice in the Winter Village.

Does anyone know if and when we'll get Double VIP Points with free shipping in the States this year? It was pretty disappointing that they didn't offer free shipping with the Double VIP Points promotion this past spring.

Joe

Hmmm. I'm not anxious to spend $100 twice in two months for these sets. I will say that I saw plenty of last year's Brick Friday bonus (the horse-driven sleigh) sitting on the shelf after the weekend sale. I'm hoping some of the leftovers are similarly available.

Curiously, Brickset has two upcoming seasonal sets listed: Decorating the Tree and Santa Sleigh. I had assumed that these would be the Brick Friday special. Wonder when they'll show?

Curiously, Brickset has two upcoming seasonal sets listed: Decorating the Tree and Santa Sleigh. I had assumed that these would be the Brick Friday special. Wonder when they'll show?

Those two sets are Poly's in the line with Spring Seen, Summer Seen and Fall seen, the Thanksgiving one could be US exclusive but the Santa one should be available worldwide!

now back to our topic!

never dawned on me that this was the truck that delivered the trees, makes sense now, kids have taken away my brain cells, hahaha...really wish I had started collecting the winter village sets

I'm really excited for these sets. :laugh: Not so excited that I have to spend possibly $200 to get them but alas I have not bought into the winter theme yet and I am missing out. I really liked the winter sets.

Very nice, I like how last year's, and this year's holiday promotions fit in with the Winter Village theme. I do kind of wish they had done a different scene than the tree vendor since we already have one in one of the other WV sets, but oh well.

These two are MUCH better than this year's winter village set and at a fraction of the price. I know what I'll be getting this year.

I think the minimum spend to get one free was fifty quid last year. I got that horse and sledge free by buying the Winter Post Office and one other tiny set (think it was pick a brick) to make it up to £50.

These two are MUCH better than this year's winter village set and at a fraction of the price. I know what I'll be getting this year.

I think the minimum spend to get one free was fifty quid last year. I got that horse and sledge free by buying the Winter Post Office and one other tiny set (think it was pick a brick) to make it up to £50.

Much cheaper? I thought you have to spend at least $100 to get the set or am I wrong? I dont think you can compare the winter village market with these promo sets because you get a lot more in the market.

Thank you for the pictures!

These both look very nice, but for those who have the Winter Village Bakery a bit redundant. I agree this version looks better, and will find a different use for the Bakery one. With my LEGO spending habits I'm sure I'll end up with a couple of these.

Throwing out there: I was just in my local Lego Store today, and MANY of the in-store "spend $75" exclusives were on the racks for sale. These included the City Helicopter, Iron Man Drone, the mini Sopwith Camel, and a couple of others. This further adds to my confidence that these items will show up on the racks at some point if you have a Store accessible.