Sign in to follow this  
Yooha

Raising the Dead - Searching for the Eternal Flame of Charonne

All members of the team got their own assigment to get one ingredient for the potion to bring back Dugal Maclean to life. But the one Lasvor had to find was one of the most mysterious. In the Section of Dark Sorcery of the Library of Cedrica a book was found, which stated that the Eternal Warmth of Charonne can be found in a cave at the side of Erezhi, the Lonely Mountain. Unfortunately no other hint was given what it was, and how to get it. Assuming the source of any warmth could be some kind of fire, Lasvor took a lantern with him. He hired a horse in Cedrica (the Mountain is a few days away even on horseback) and hit the road.

He found the cave relatively easily since local folks knew and feared the Mountain greatly.

9656277768_dfb676b288_c.jpg

When he wanted to enter the cave, green smoke arose from a hole that was near the entrance, and a genie took shape from it.

9653063067_78a69dffb3_c.jpg

“I am the Guardian of the Cave and I am here to warn all those lost souls who dare to enter! Inside, you will find two Spirits who guards the fires that hold the Warmth. Yes, two fires, because one of them is false and if you go near it, you die instantly. But if you are wise enough, you can tell which one is the true fire. The two Spirits can help you, but there are some conditions: First you should know that one spirit tells always the truth and the other tells always lies, whatever you ask them. But beware, as you can ask one, and only ONE question to only ONE of them. After you ask one of them, he will answer and will be silent for you forever. You cannot force them to say anything else any more. So ask wisely. If you choose a fire with doubt in your heart, you will die as well, so you MUST know which fire is the right one.”

“Hey, but if I ask only one, how will I know if the answer is true or not?” Asked Lasvor, but the genie started again: “I am the guardian of the Cave and I am…” “Okay, this is recorded message.” said Lasvor and stepped aside to untrigger the mechanism. The genie disappeared.

He entered the cave. It was not a pleasant please. The air was stuffy and hot, he could even smell burned flesh in it.. “Not the best odds, but okay, let’s think”

9656277030_6b83ee92c0_c.jpg

9656276866_41d7494d4f_c.jpg

After a few minutes of thinking, Lasvor asked something, chose one of the fires, held the lantern to the fire, and lit it with it.

9656278106_489ff8daa2_c.jpg

When he left the cave, the genie appeared again: “Congratulation, you are the first mortal who left the cave alive in 1000 years. So let’s hear he clause: If you tell the solution to anyone, the curse of Charonne will find you and you will die!”

“Crap!”

And the most important question: What did Lasvor ask?

Oh, and I hope I am not the only one who is old enough to know

song :laugh: Edited by Yooha

Really cool, but no fair not telling us the question! :)

I like the statue, it really reminds me of something out of Indiana Jones!

Excellent builds and nice story to go with them! Also really great design of the statue! :thumbup:

Edited by Masa of Kaliphlin

All he did was ask one of the guardians what the other one would say if he asked him the question 'which flame is the real one', it's a very old puzzle.

Cool builds, I like the rockwork and path in the first build, though I would have had the cliff not end so uniformly. The second scene looks pretty creepy and the statue is excellent :thumbup:

Cool builds, I like the rockwork and path in the first build, though I would have had the cliff not end so uniformly. The second scene looks pretty creepy and the statue is excellent :thumbup:

Yes, it's always a problem to me, how to end an "endless" surface, which is almost vertical. I thought I just cut it at the end of the frame. Besides, that's not the point :wink:

Lord Duvors: Indeed, that is the question. :classic:

Edited by Yooha

Ah Yooha, this all looks extremely good and you are for sure a talented builder. I just wish you could finally get some real bricks because that would look even better!

Looks great! The desert outside the cave seems pretty plain though.. maybe add some plates, stones to it? The cave looks excellent!

de Gothia, are you saying that a DESERT is PLAIN? What a surprise :laugh: I just concentrated on the statue inside and the story (I love this puzzle) so I just add one or two things.

Well sorry if I tried to help and come with some advice... The whole GoH thing was to help eachother develop. Right now no one comes with tips. Just great work etc. Do you develop as a builder by that?

Can you show me a pic of a desert as plain as yours? Deserts have rocks, dunes etc.

But again, sorry, I will not comment on your mocs anymore..

Edited by de Gothia

Oh, I thought it was obvious that I was kidding. Didn't the smiley help? I know you are right, one of my field of improvement is the "surroundings". I love designing buildings and I'm satisfied with the result (not as if I couldn't improve on that filed as well), but I know the fields are quite plain.

So again, sorry if I hurt you, it was not my intention. :look:

I have to apologize as well. The thing was that I put a lot of time to find things to improve.

So sorry from my side as well!

Great build. Yes, I remembered the old riddle and guessed the question, although it took me a minute to remember which one. Don't remember that Bangles song, although I am old enough... I think the desert build looks OK. A more varied and scenic desert would have looked nice too, but this works for me. Maybe because it's LDD or something. But the plainness of the desert nicely highlights the rockwork and the nice roadway.