Sign in to follow this  
BrickDafki

A big hello from Belgium! My name is Dafki, BrickDafki

Hi, let me introduce myself:

I'm 29. I live in Baal, a small town in Belgium and my real name is Dave but as most of my friends call me Dafki, that will be my nickname :-)

As a kid the only toy I've really loved was LEGO.

During those great years I've managed to acquire some sets and thanks to my father I still have that collection of complete, most of the time even with the boxes, great 80's and early 90's sets.

I the end of the day he loved to see the sets but back together to keep them complete. Sometimes he bought me basic sets to make sure I've had enough of spare bricks so I wouldn't have to take apart those nice Town-sets.

Thanks to that I've a nice collection of sets (300+).

I most like (classic) Town, but here and there I've some sets from other themes as well.

A few years ago LEGO came back in my life. (I keep asking myself if it was ever gone completely...)

It started with the "Sculpture" of the minifig, since then I buy these sets now and then.

In my living room you can find sculptures as the "Eiffel Tower" for example in almost every corner.

I just love to build those huge sets together with friends.

In the meantime I build a lay-out in the empty room in our house. (yes even my girlfriend is into LEGO now)

However it seems that I'm more of a collector, and for my layout it seems that I'm not completely satisfied by a town plan with sets.

I have very less experience with MOC'ing as an AFOL but it I see what amazing things can be build on this forum I feel this is the way to go for me...

So after some months I decided to join Eurobricks!

So, already thank you all for showing me LEGO can be much more (fun) then just collecting!

Welcome to the forums BrickDafki!

I think you'll find that there are a lot of EB members who are interested in seeing your layouts.

Welcome at Eurobricks!

In my experience 'collecting only' gets boring after 1-2 years and if not complemented/replaced by MOCing a new (permanent) dark age often starts.

So good call on going for MOCs :thumbup:

Welcome to the forums BrickDafki!

I think you'll find that there are a lot of EB members who are interested in seeing your layouts.

Many thanks for the warm welcome to you all.

Well, for the moment I'm working on 2 different lay-outs. One is my town-layout, the other is my train lay-out.

I don't have such a lot of space and combining the 2 on one of my tables is just to limiting...

As soon as I worked out how to post pictures I'll post a topic with my town plan.