Rufus

Contest Contest: Pimp My Camper! Comments Thread

Two AT-AT versions already? Darn, I was going to do that. I guess the "give it legs" hint in the contest description was too obvious. :tongue: Oh well, I might still make my own take on it.

Oky PLEASE make your version of the VW AT-AT... honestly, aside from the full size one AT-AT-VW being something a lot of people think of, the shapes are similar

In fact about 15 mins after they posted the announcement on FBTB for their version of the contest the VW AT-AT was being discussed in the chat as it was first in mind of several people.

In fact, since there's no limit on entries I'd encourage anyone who has an idea to keep going with it even if someone else makes something similar!

Jamesn,

I wasn't familiar with Neko no basu (and so I had to google it), but what a good cat bus!

There are some incredible entries so far. I thought about entering, but honestly I can't compete with these. Too many to name. Voting would be really hard for this competition.

I can('t) believe the creativity with a lot of these!

I thought about entering [....]

There's no reason not to - if you have an idea, you might as well build and submit it.

Oky - I love your Toy Story campers - the Buzz Lightyear one is especially nice with the little wings on the back.

Darn, beat to an idea once again... That TMNT Party Van is great. I'll still post my own, though, since mine is a little different.

Oky - I love your Toy Story campers - the Buzz Lightyear one is especially nice with the little wings on the back.

Thank you! :classic: Your cat bus is excellent as well.

Darn, beat to an idea once again... That TMNT Party Van is great. I'll still post my own, though, since mine is a little different.

Thank you! :classic: Your cat bus is excellent as well.

Would love to see your version, and your toy story themes one are sweet esp buzz with those tiny wings.

Great competitive builds here loving the creativity, the chinook, the gondola the bumper car to name a few are just brilliant.

Best of luck peeps! :D

Certain Star wars vehicles immediately come to mind because the shapes are so similar. If you thought about it, build it. This competition is great because it doesn't require a mass of bricsk, just a good idea well executed. And it will be that execution and how people empathise with the build that matters.

Would love to see your version, and your toy story themes one are sweet esp buzz with those tiny wings.

Thanks, I'll post that one next. :wink:

By the way, does anyone think that the design of my StarCamper entry deviates too much from that of the original set? Apparently it was too obscured for the FBTB contest, so I thought I'd ask here if it's too much for this contest too (although personally I think there are several entries here that deviate from the camper design a lot more than mine).

By the way, does anyone think that the design of my StarCamper entry deviates too much from that of the original set? Apparently it was too obscured for the FBTB contest, so I thought I'd ask here if it's too much for this contest too (although personally I think there are several entries here that deviate from the camper design a lot more than mine).

I think it's an awesome model, but...

If it weren't posted in the entry thread I wouldn't have guessed that it's supposed to be a combo of the VW camper and a starspeeder. Maybe modify the front to look more like the camper?

Yeah, the only thing it really has in common with the camper is the scale and the area around the wheel wells. Modifying the front could help, but the problem is that the front of the StarSpeeder is probably the most iconic part about it aside from the five stepped doors. Trying to find a good mix between the flat front of the camper and the long, angled front of the StarSpeeder will be difficult...

i think you could modify the top of the van, making it resemble a bit more of a santa's cap. now it looks like a sort of handle... the front is amazing

Wow so many good entries so far! My favorite right now has to be ironhide. The fact that it actually transforms makes it just that much better!

Skalldyr's Breaking Bad RV is a thing of beauty. It totally has my vote.

Thank you very much! I am feeling honored now! :blush:

Ah, I'm all out of ideas.

I love all of these entries (recently Bag End and Sharknado). Voting's going to be really hard, I think.

Ah, I'm all out of ideas.

IVoting's going to be really hard, I think.

I took down all my half-finished and butchered veedubs, cleared up the fallout from such a manic building phase and placed every piece back into the right storage bin. I need a break from Campers for a week or two:)

Voting is going to be tough - there's some fantastic creations in this stream and nearly a hundred of them (and there's still two weeks to go).

This is the BEST. COMPETITION. EVER!

I took down all my half-finished and butchered veedubs, cleared up the fallout from such a manic building phase and placed every piece back into the right storage bin. I need a break from Campers for a week or two:)

Voting is going to be tough - there's some fantastic creations in this stream and nearly a hundred of them (and there's still two weeks to go).

This is the BEST. COMPETITION. EVER!

Agree with that!!!