Rufus

Contest Contest: Pimp My Camper! Comments Thread

9629268655_210053bbed_c.jpg

Eurobricks in collaboration with The LEGO Group is proud to present a new Direct to Consumer (D2C) Building Contest:

Pimp My Camper!

The idea is this: take the LEGO VW Mini-Camper and customise it! Create a theme version from any LEGO Theme - Star Wars, Friends, Pirates, Castle ... whatever takes your fancy! Make a Steampunk version, or a futuristic Sci-Fi camper! Give it legs or wings instead of wheels! Keep it firmly down to earth as a Town version, but just soup it up! The possibilities are endless.

All we ask is that you keep the basic dimensions the same: the body must be no larger than the original (10 studs by 4 studs; height 13 plates) but reasonable overhang and appendages will be allowed; and the body must be recognisable as a VW Camper.

Only LEGO elements may be used, but custom decals are permitted.

You do NOT need to own the official LEGO version to build this. The instructions for the VW Mini-Camper are available to download and attached to the first post of the Discussion Thread.

The Prizes (kindly provided by The LEGO Affiliate Programme)

First Prize

gallery_6705_159_48504.jpg10220 VW Camper + gallery_6705_159_46749.jpg40079 Mini VW Camper

Four Runners-Up Prizes

gallery_6705_159_46749.jpg40079 Mini VW Camper

Please use this thread for comments on the contest entries in the Entry Thread. Please be friendly and constructive.

Discussion Thread

Entry Thread

Eurotrash: nice colour blocking and photography, but I really think no hot rod is complete without flames coming out of the cylinders!

I love all these entries! I think this is going to be a great contest; the concept is so simple and easy-to-build, and there are so many ways you can play with it to make it how you want.

I really like the batvan and the enterprise, nice work to both builders! The thing I'm most proud of for mine is that I can pull off the legs and head and replace the wheels and vw sticker tile and it's back to normal... hmmmm maybe a Vanbulance next

Two AT-AT versions already? Darn, I was going to do that. I guess the "give it legs" hint in the contest description was too obvious. :tongue: Oh well, I might still make my own take on it.

Nice entries so far everyone. Keep them coming!

There's some interesting creations being entered. I was struggling with my next one and the results of a quick survey of the household was a universal thumbs down so back to the drawing board for me...

What a great competition - thanks organizers!

Very nice idea for a contest and some amazing entries! To name a few:

Instructions archiver's Time machine

Yatkuu's Monster Van

Trooper 10's VAN-VAN

Lego Junkie's VW-wing

Trooper 10's Slave-VW

dr_spock's Pisten Bully Camper

Others are not far behind, but these are currently my favourites! Keep them coming everybody.

I had some ideas but now ... everything except 1 has been posted already ! Wow - so beautiful entries! Thanks to all participants. :classic:

After seeing all of the fantastic entries, I don't think i have a chance :tongue:

Not true! I like the clean lines of your futuristic Camper Van...

So many fantastic entries already! Keep 'em coming, everyone!

Wow eurotrash that last entry is awesome

Whoops didn't mean to double post. Didn't know mine was the last one

Edited by tomdobs55

Thanks tomdobs55! but the first iteration was worse than rubbish...

:sick:

*snip*

Haha yeah that's not your best work. I'm still racking my brain on what to make.

Bravo, eurotrash.

Love the Funicucamper.

LOL at the first version though I know the type of funicular you were going for.

Thumbsup to dr_spock too for the rail campers.

:classic: :classic:

I like it quite a lot :thumbup: so only a couple of suggestions:

Take a picture with light from all directions with a clean background.

Switch out that old grey plate near the roof for a bley one - it will match the colour of your bley pieces and improve the futuristic look.

Blue cheese instead of 1x1 round plates? It could sort of fill in a slope - put the tall side facing out.

Keep building, and I hope you make more entries for the contest because your first one is great.

Jamesn

Your Dampervan made me smile! Top Gear is such a gloriously bonkers program and that's a good looking representation of the Hamster's boat/car/thing

Well, it had to be done.

I'm looking forward to October's Pimp My Toyota Hilux and then November's Pimp My Triumph Herald contests!

Loved the Black Pearl variant :thumbup: .

I might try some other Idea's later as well.

Dang Sebeus I - I guess I'll take my submarine apart and go back to the next idea :classic:

You've got a good looking sub there...

Edited by eurotrash