Rufus

Contest Contest: Pimp My Camper! Discussion Thread

Will be entering this one, my wife may even do one too. We drive a beetle and attend VW shows so have plenty of inspiration :-)

D

Edited by Dazmundo

Hey, is it ok if I print off the VW symbol and then taped it on the front tile part where the sticker is suposed to go, it doesn't seem like anything is wrong with it.

Hi,

I'm in Indonesia and I just registered myself in this forum. Can I join this competition?

many thanks!

-toto-

Keep up the good work guys! I am sure we will be seeing plentiful of innovative entries in this contest! :wub:

In the rules you say: "No digital backgrounds please" Does this include putting the moc in front of a plain white backdrop via photoshop or gimp for presentation. (i just dont want to show my room)

In the rules you say: "No digital backgrounds please" Does this include putting the moc in front of a plain white backdrop via photoshop or gimp for presentation. (i just dont want to show my room)

Simple photo editing to clean up pictures, including removing backgrounds, is allowed.

OK. Quick question: if I jacked up the suspension on the VW camper, would that count as increasing its height and be disqualified?

No problem at all, as long as the resulting model is still recognisable as a Camper, it's valid.

so it says we have to build from a theme. then it says we can build steampunk ? do we have to build from a theme?

You don't have to build from an existing theme. The limit is your imagination, as long as it's still recognisable as a Camper.

Hey, is it ok if I print off the VW symbol and then taped it on the front tile part where the sticker is suposed to go, it doesn't seem like anything is wrong with it.

That would count as a custom decal, which is allowed in the rules.

Hi,

I'm in Indonesia and I just registered myself in this forum. Can I join this competition?

many thanks!

-toto-

Welcome to Eurobricks, you are most welcome to enter this competition.

Are LDD entries allowed for the competition?

No, sorry.

Are we allowed to apply decals digitally?

Are we allowed to apply decals digitally?

No, because that would be a digital entry of the decal. Photo editing should only be used to enhance the image quality, if necessary, and not to add elements, like decals and backgrounds, that are not present on the physical model.

I've always wondered WHY digital entries are not allowed. With LDD you can build nothing illegal and only use existing parts (not in free build of couse). So I don't see what the objections are.

Anyway, I like this challenge a lot. Can I post my own version, clearly stating it's a digital model, so that it actually isn't a contest entry?

I've always wondered WHY digital entries are not allowed. With LDD you can build nothing illegal and only use existing parts (not in free build of couse). So I don't see what the objections are.

I've bolded one of the objections. But this is a discussion for another day.

Anyway, I like this challenge a lot. Can I post my own version, clearly stating it's a digital model, so that it actually isn't a contest entry?

If you like. But why not get the bricks, and build it for real?

Don't know if its just me or my phone, but when I downloaded the instructions its upside down.

I think Aussie BJ covered this is in response #18 on page 1 on this thread.

Don't know if its just me or my phone, but when I downloaded the instructions its upside down.

Consider it an extra challenge. :tongue:

How cool. My Lego pieces are all boxed up and being moved, but I can't wait to unpack them and start on this.

I have one question, I'm fairly new here, so I was wondering about the rules of posting a MOC. Would I be able to repost an entry of mine from here as a MOC elsewhere on this website?

I have one question, I'm fairly new here, so I was wondering about the rules of posting a MOC. Would I be able to repost an entry of mine from here as a MOC elsewhere on this website?

If you're entering the competition then the MOC should be original (ie not seen posted anywhere else beforehand). If you wish to then later post your entry as a separate thread on Eurobricks then you are free too.

Essentially, if you want to post it twice, enter the competition first. :wink:

If you're entering the competition then the MOC should be original (ie not seen posted anywhere else beforehand). If you wish to then later post your entry as a separate thread on Eurobricks then you are free too.

Essentially, if you want to post it twice, enter the competition first. :wink:

OK, thanks for the assistance. :classic: