Hey everybody.

I am new to this forum respectively this is my 1st post after a while of only reading. As my favourite set is the 9397 logging truck I did a few modification and I built a trailer for it.

As you can see on the pictures I modified the logging truck with double wheels and also did some enhancements on the crane. With this mods the crane has a better playability and can be almost fully positioned behind the cabin. For that I replaced the small actuator with a big one.

Also I did some mods only for cosmetic reasons, e.g. I replaced the original grey wheel rims on the truck with silver wheel rims (out of the 8285 set).

After that was done I thought about building a trailer for my truck. You can see the result on the pictures, let my know what you think. I used almost the same chassis as used for the original 9397 truck. All axles have doubles wheels and the first axles can rotate.

So what I now need is definitely more wood :-)

38589,kdsc9764FXIZI.jpg

38590,kdsc9765OA6CQ.jpg

38591,kdsc97680W9MD.jpg

38592,kdsc976970K3K.jpg

38593,kdsc9770HF038.jpg

Nice MOD/MOC. I like the trailer. The only thing is that the front axle looks to bulky with the dual wheel setup.

The trucks crane folding mechanism is great but it would be to high in real life. Most bridges have a clearance of 4 meters (12 ft).

Nice modification. For me, as long as it can lift and carry lego beams etc it's fine. Nice trailer.

H

The trailer looks very cool, nice MOC :)

I'm just trying to make MLCAD instructions for my logging truck with 6 motors / full RC an double wheels. I hope that I'll have success because I never worked with MLCAD before.

Here's the chassis:

p1030602.jpg

The rear mod for the wheels reminds me of designer han's. Nice setup.

The rear mod for the wheels reminds me of designer han's. Nice setup.

Yes, the rear ist the creation from Han, I have made some little modification to install the battery box. For the motor placements I've taken the inspiration from here:

There's a LDD file to download, but it's not complete and has some errors, so I had to make more modifications to get all functions.

The steering mod is my own creation, for a more smooth control.

Very nice trailer. Only thing I would change is taking the tanks off the trailer. Kinda makes me want to change my trailer design.

Welcome to the forum, thanks for sharing this.

I really like what you have done with this and how good it looks, I also agree about the point above on removing the fuel tanks from the trailer, they just look a little out of place.

One thing I noticed about this set in general, it looks as though the chassis (frame) is bending under stress in the center. Is it just me, I do not personally own the set but am about 10 parts shy of being able to build it with my parts.

Thanks for all your feedback.

I also thought about removing the fuel tanks, but the trailer looks a bit naked without them so I decided to let them on the trailer. Let's imagine, that these are no fuel tanks :-)

I also agree that the front axle looks a bit bulky with the double wheel setup, but also in real life a lot of trailers have the double wheel setup on all axles. And of course I like double wheels, thats why the trailer has it :-)

@750ACE

Yes, also my 9397 is bending a bit in the center.

@ twoofive

Yes I built the chassis twice and removed all the not needed parts like all the gear wheels. Then I removed the lower part of the front chassis to have space for the rotating axle.

@ francisalmario

I love your mod with the red soft axles. Looks great :-)

Hi!

9397 is also my favourite set. All my MOCs are based on 9397 chassis, like fire truck, mobile crane. See my gallery and movie on YT :)

still a very nice moc!

you gave me some ideas, maybe i will try something like this, if you don't mind;-)

Gorgeous wheels :thumbup:

and that logs are surely heavy

Edited by francisalmario