LegoGBC

GBC Android Counter V1.5 - App,LDD & Tutorial

After the success of my previous GBC Counter module, I decided to upgrade the app and also release it to the public along with a detailed tutorial for building your own GBC counter.

How it works explained here:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83844

The app & module support the GBC standard of 1 bps.

New features:

-Balls per second display

-The new app & module can handel more bps than the first version

-GBC timer

-Better design

Tutorial download (includes a PDF file, LDD file and the app itself)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wmfxy3ny1rbdrtc/GBC_Counter_Tutorial.rar

The video:

Thanks for watching!

Thank you for this. And here is the ultimate proof that official GBC modules could easily be made. Just look at that low piece count. OK so some base plate would be needed but those are in lots of sets and they don't need to be as big as the one in the video. BTW i just noticed that the model in the LDD is according to standard while the video show a standard breaking one that feeds itself.

I'm feeling really tempted to build this one since it would be a faster build than what i have planned. Unfortunately i can't record a video since the only decent camera i have is in my cellphone. Now to find a baseplate large enough.

Thank you for this. And here is the ultimate proof that official GBC modules could easily be made. Just look at that low piece count. OK so some base plate would be needed but those are in lots of sets and they don't need to be as big as the one in the video. BTW i just noticed that the model in the LDD is according to standard while the video show a standard breaking one that feeds itself.

I'm feeling really tempted to build this one since it would be a faster build than what i have planned. Unfortunately i can't record a video since the only decent camera i have is in my cellphone. Now to find a baseplate large enough.

Thank you!

Yes,the module in the video feeds itself but this is only to demonstrate it. Once I finish building all the modules for my new GBC loop,i'll connect them all together.

Ok i'm finished now but i have a problem. I've build everything except the phone-holder since it would use too many 2x4 bricks so i'll need to get creative on that one. Anyway something seems to catch links in the chain causing it to jump. This has the effect that the chain sinks causing the pin to not touch the ball. I've tried switching out 2 links that i thought were the problem but that didn't help. The links that fail seem to be the ones with pins on them. Or maybe that's not the problem at all. Any ideas would be welcome. It can't be the wheel since it can spin several times before it happens.

Well this is officially the first GBC module i have built. Now despite the problems i'm starting to see what all the fuzz is about. :moar:

Ok i'm finished now but i have a problem. I've build everything except the phone-holder since it would use too many 2x4 bricks so i'll need to get creative on that one. Anyway something seems to catch links in the chain causing it to jump. This has the effect that the chain sinks causing the pin to not touch the ball. I've tried switching out 2 links that i thought were the problem but that didn't help. The links that fail seem to be the ones with pins on them. Or maybe that's not the problem at all. Any ideas would be welcome. It can't be the wheel since it can spin several times before it happens.

Well this is officially the first GBC module i have built. Now despite the problems i'm starting to see what all the fuzz is about. :moar:

I'm guessing this is due to the pins on the chain touching the hooper. To fix this make sure the hooper's base (the balls input) isn't tilting forward and not touching the pins on the chain.

Good luck!

Edited by LegoGBC

Nope that is not the problem. I removed the hopper and the problem still exist. I have noticed that the chain seems to stick slightly to lower side of the upper gear before dropping down. This causes a vibration in the chain that makes it jump up and down. I've tried replacing the links again even the entire chain. That worked but i don't know why. Could the pins be interfering with the gear somehow. The new chain didn't have any pins in it.

Nope that is not the problem. I removed the hopper and the problem still exist. I have noticed that the chain seems to stick slightly to lower side of the upper gear before dropping down. This causes a vibration in the chain that makes it jump up and down. I've tried replacing the links again even the entire chain. That worked but i don't know why. Could the pins be interfering with the gear somehow. The new chain didn't have any pins in it.

Thats strange because Iv'e made a lot of testing with the LDD module,including building it a few times and also sending it to other people before the release so they can try it.

Make sure you used enough tread links (40) and that the pins aren't touching the ground somehow (the chain is stretched)

OK problem solved. I had another look at the file and it turned out that i had put the 15L beam connecting the counter and the top gear with 2 holes between it and the top axle instead of 1 as was correct. :blush::wall: The made the shakes smaller and only occasionally does it tough the counter slightly but nowhere near as much as a ball does. I did notice however that the counter seemed to stick to its top position after a ball had touched it. Removing the outer axle with the counter and leaving the center showed that is was not aligned with the opposite beam. This caused friction leaving the counter in up position. I solved that by putting a 11L beam opposite the 15L one and then connecting it to the gear holding beam with 5 5 beam connected using 2 friction pins. Now it works. I'll work some more on it and test the app when i have sorted out my new sorting system. :grin: