dunamis

10182 Cafe Corner Photo Review!

Thanks, dunamis for this detailed review!

Now my two cents:

I

Did you just say guesstimate? GAAAHHHH!!! I hate the word 'guesstimate'!!!

I think someone's been watching a little too much Family Guy......

But, personally, I do hate all portmanteauxs......it's so stupid.

:-P

Great review dunamis!

I have no questions to ask you about the model.

It

I have just received my Cafe Corner na dI have got an old style box with the ripping side tabs and lift up lid.

I was a bit disapointed as I wanted to see the new style boxes but having looked a Dunamis photos the art work in identical

I wonder if this is a regional thing.

Does anyone else here have the standard box.

I really cant wait until this set arrives in my mail. The only thing holding the order back is the Street Sweeper and it's making me really antsy! Come on Shop@Home!

All those bricks...drool. So beautiful.

Nice review! I will certainly buy it. *wub*

All those bricks...drool. So beautiful.

It's actually spelled "*drool*". X-D

I've got it and build it!

This set is bigger than expected, and looks better (like some of us said before) in real than in pics.

I will not speak about the quality problem, because everyting has always been told...

It's fantastic to build this set, because you learn some technics that you don't know when you're not a talented mocer, like me. This is the first time that I've built with a snot technic (for the "hotel"). And now, I've got the knowlege of corner building, I've got the power >:-) !

And anybody said a word about the opening window for the caf

Wow!That set looks great, before I liked Lego, I liked trains, town, architecture, e.t.c and from my view point, that set has amazing playability, architecture, its just so dang cool! *y* *y* :'-)

EDIT:now lets not forget realistic!

I've got it and build it!

This set is bigger than expected, and looks better (like some of us said before) in real than in pics.

I will not speak about the quality problem, because everyting has always been told...

It's fantastic to build this set, because you learn some technics that you don't know when you're not a talented mocer, like me. This is the first time that I've built with a snot technic (for the "hotel"). And now, I've got the knowlege of corner building, I've got the power >:-) !

And anybody said a word about the opening window for the caf

Yes, what is the deal with the opening window? Is it like a fire door or a secret door or something?

The opening window is just for people who work in the caf

I have been building this in the last few days. The colour issue is not significant as far as I can tell. In Canada, I have the new style box, and it is a big improvement.

The mold-marking in the windows is a nuisance, but minor compared to the beauty of this set.

I like having the interior empty. I can fill it myself. A bar on the main floor, a desk and office on the second, not sure what I will do on the third.

It is really great. There is no comparison between this set, and any Town set ever made by Lego. It's like a new company took over "the brick" with totally new ideas. This is clearly a set designed for AFOLs.

TLC has been listening to us!

Thank you.

I received mine this morning. I have to say it's the LEGO set I've been waiting for since I was young! I always hoped LEGO would release something like this.

The whole building is very well made. Before my set arrived, I was wondering how the 45 degree corner was done as I'd played around in MLCAD and couldn't get it to fit without pushing the outside walls away. However now that I've built it, it's really quite simple. The containing walls where they touch the corner are actually either round or log cabin pieces.

I really like the way the hotel sign is made. It's fairly normal up until you get to the E and then they use a SNOT technique.

The only bad point is the tediousness of placing all the tiles for the CAFE part of the pavement. 1x1 tiles never sit exactly square and if you don't take your time it ends up looking like a dogs dinner. But that's the price to pay for such a high level of detail.

Also when you're building it, make sure you're on a flat hard surface rather than a carpet. If you aren't, then when you build each level it won't sit exactly flat ontop of the floor below.

The first floor stairs are made of bricks as you can see here (far right):

10182-15.jpg

The second floor stairs use this piece:

30134.png

This thing is simply insane *wub* !

Who would have ever thought that LEGO would give us something as utterly and overwhelmingly beautiful as the Cafe Corner. And to think, there is still the Eiffel Tower, as well as the other mystery set to look forward too. I shutter at how awesome this stuff is.

Between this, the Falcon and the return of actual Castle minifigs, this year is looking incredible! Awesome review BTW.

Later.

That is a great set I am in the process of building a big version using six of the sets for my train layout