Mikisajlo

How many bricks do you have?

Brickset says I have 1146 sets, 1027 of those have piece counts totalling 292712 pieces that's not counting some doubles of larger sets I have.

Seeing the dollar figure on that kind of makes me feel bad.

I know how you feel... I wish there was an option to hide the value... :laugh:

Edited by TanTile

I know how you feel... I wish there was an option to hide the value... :laugh:

Haha Yeah, and that is just the US dollar value, it's probably double once you convert it into retail AUD.

Edited by Brickus

247K according to Brickset, not including another ~15K loose bricks.

Well, as the Grateful Dead used to sing "Too much of everything is just enough."

Although I personally don't think I've reached that point yet... :innocent:

Brickset tells me I have just under 35k bricks, plus I probably have another 10-15k in loose bricks.

How do you guys with collections exceeding 200k store everything??

Around 15,000.

Seems I am of the light weights in here. :laugh:

I wish I knew,

it's not easy to find out,

I have a Brickset account but that only covers the sets.

The problem is that I lost parts over the years and I bought much seperate parts via bricklink.

How could I possibly keep track of it?

According to brickset I own 15680 parts

Edited by racedees

I wish I knew,

it's not easy to find out,

I have a Brickset account but that only covers the sets.

The problem is that I lost parts over the years and I bought much seperate parts via bricklink.

How could I possibly keep track of it?

I am here to help!!!

I'm shocked by the fact that every time people talk about tracking their sets/parts NOBODY seems to mention Basebrick.com - which is an absolutely marvelous site - and allows you to track sets AND minifigs AND individual parts. You can import lists from Brickset or Peeron to get started. I love it because when I'm building something I can very quickly see if I have enough of a particular part.

It also has inventories for virtually all the sets out there in its catalog (which I believe is linked directly to Bricklink), and has a handy "Can I Build It" feature, which you can use to see what parts you have or may be missing to build any official set in their inventory, both with or without minifigs.

Another fantastic feature is that you can import Bricklink orders DIRECTLY into Basebrick, so all your purchases can actually be tracked accurately.

I really dig being able to enter the parts I get in drafts in our LUG meetings directly into my Basebrick parts list too.

I love Basebrick and you should too (and no, I have no connection to the site - I just love it and tell every AFOL I know to use it!).

Also - according to Basebrick, I have 213,282 parts in 754 sets and 26,770 loose parts for a total of 240,113. :grin::tongue:

I don't have a number as I have mostly unsorted LEGO lots but it's close to 500 pounds. According to internet, LEGO averages 325 pieces per pound (about 0.45Kg) so so over 160,000

I use basebrick.com to track my inventory since it allows me to import my bricklink orders. It tells me my parts total is at a modest 24,789, with 5,353 unique parts.

I really have no idea how many individual pieces I have, but I know I have over a few hundred gallons of pieces based on how many containers it takes to store the pieces.

Yet, no matter how many pieces I have, it seems that there is always some piece that I think I need more of, to build whatever I am now wanting to build.

I guess I am a lightweight too, at a paltry 30808 bricks according to brickset. Then again, I have just gotten back to Lego since January..I only had my old sets from the 1970's up till then.

Last year (as a graduation present to myself) my wife let me splurge on a bunch of Lego, which came out to just shy of 10,000 pieces. I estimate that it was about equal to a third of my collection before that, so I'm probably between 35k-40k.

So really, only about 1B pieces short of where I should be. :wink:

With bikes its often said that the number you should own is n+1 where n is the number you currently own.

With lego the ideal number is n-1+b, where n is the number you currently own, less the one that you have just stood on, plus b which is all the other bricks that you really really need to do the thingy, but which you left off the last pick a brick list!

With bikes its often said that the number you should own is n+1 where n is the number you currently own.

With lego the ideal number is n-1+b, where n is the number you currently own, less the one that you have just stood on, plus b which is all the other bricks that you really really need to do the thingy, but which you left off the last pick a brick list!

So true!

I went through the work to input all of my collection into Basebrick, and it was a little difficult. I had to enter a lot of it manually, but it was quick to add all the BrickLink orders. I left off things I have given away as gifts, so its pretty accurate for what I have currently. It comes to 30 sets and a grand total of 35,916 pieces. It should go up again if I ever get my last order processed!

In sets and as loose parts, enough to fill a 10'x8' and half fill a 6'x4' shed.

And a still don't know where particular parts are when I need them.

It seems I have something close to 10000 pieces.

And this is kinda scary to me. I don't have too much space at home and I have just started to buy Lego as I please. This will be a problem.

Some 15kg of bricks, which is not enough :wink: Always running out of motors, receivers and tyres. Oh and even 3L pins.