Mikisajlo

How many bricks do you have?

54 sets with a combined pieces of just over 21K. Damn, I didn't know I have that many. This is my current collection after I came outta my dark ages. Who knows how many pieces were in my pirates and castle sets.

I think Brickset shows over 110,000...That is certainly a lot. I've considered opening up a bricklink store to sell off unwanted pieces, of which I have a lot.

Well, you got me thinking. So I started an excel spreadsheet and it adds up to 50,799. That's just for competed sets, I'm sure I probably have a couple of thousand additional bricks stored away for a rainy day.

65000 in Sets, around 75000 in my Mosaics alone, and maybe some 2k or 3k extra I bought here and there.

Edited by PocasNuckie

I also have an excel spreadsheet, and at the moment I have approximately 121,000 bricks. That's spread across 358 sets and including 1,344 minifigures. :wink:

Smooth start, but I have 21k parts with only the 2013-2014 sets I bought.

Must be around 28k with all the Bricklink + PAB purchases.

With older sets, might be a bit over 35k :)

I've thought about this on more than one occasion, and I did make an Excel spreadsheet of all of the MISB sets that I have and all of the sets that I've reassembled and stored, which came about to be just shy of 100k. That being said, I still haven't come up with a good way of estimating sorted/loose bricks, but I can't imagine those being more than that 100k... so I'd say somewhere between 150k and 200k.

I wouldn't even know where to begin. I know my collection outweighs me; actually at about 3kg per case, just my collection of K2-Boxes of spare parts outweighs me.

If I had to guess, I'd say I've been expanding my collection by about 30,000-50,000 parts per year for about ten years now (and maybe 10,000-20,000 ppy for the decade before that on top of my old "childhood" collection). Assuming I don't get run over by a bus in the near future, I might actually own a million parts someday (not that they'd be even remotely organized enough for me to realize when I'd hit that milestone).

I suppose if I'd put that money into my mortgage instead, I'd actually own more of my house than the bank does by now… :blush:

Brickset has mine listed as 78183 pieces for 146 out 154 sets so add that to loose parts I would estimate around 110000 pieces

I haven't even attempted counting how many bricks I have, although I estimated it to be around 80000, plus or minus about 2000 pieces. Soon I'm going to purge about 80% of what I own in order to pay off some debt. I'll have considerably less afterward, but it'll be more streamlined and specific to what I'm building.

One BILLION...........................................................................................................................is a number completely unrelated to my parts count.

But in seriousness i probably have somewhere over 50,000. But its so difficult to tell that could be waaaay out. :wink: , Though as i'm a set collector i rarely order bulk/ orders of just parts.

I have purchased so many bulk lots, I have no idea what the actual piece count is. But it all weighs at least 250 imperial pounds including the built models. Easily 75K+ pieces. And somehow I still always need a few more of some specific color/shape than I have on hand...

I think I may have a problem. :grin:

Brickset says I have 1146 sets, 1027 of those have piece counts totalling 292712 pieces that's not counting some doubles of larger sets I have.

Seeing the dollar figure on that kind of makes me feel bad.

Edited by Brickus

(snip)

Seeing the dollar figure on that kind of makes me feel bad.

I think it's important to put such things in perspective. For what I spent on LEGO last year, I could have spent a week or two at a luxury resort in Jamaica. Then again, if I'd spent the money on such a trip, when I got back I'd have nothing to show for it except some fond memories, a hangover and a terrible sunburn that would take a month to recover from (ancestrally, my family hails from the northern end of the Isle of Lewis in the Hebrides - so even with SPF 3000 sunblock, if my skin sees direct sunlight I burst into flames faster than a coven of vampires).

LEGO is my vice of choice. Yes, I probably spend more on it than I should, but compared to ski trips, green fees at a golf course, scuba diving, sailing, rock concerts, whiskey, gambling and other potentially expensive pastimes/entertainments, at least with LEGO you have something to show for it at the end of the day other than fleeting memories. I'm not saying that these other distractions are bad, just making the point that everything costs money and any hobby can to taken to extremes. If you amortize the cost over the number of hours of enjoyment you get out of it (and the fact that it holds its value very well), it's really money well spent.

So, unless you've taken to, say, buying Lego for yourself at the expense of not putting food in your child's mouth, don't feel bad about investing a lot in your collection. It might feel a bit embarrassing on occasion trying to explain your level of investiture to a non-AFOL, but it's not really _your_ problem if they don't realize that they're missing.

We have been selling off our sorted sets, we are down to 140,072 pieces in that category. Looking at the volume of the remaining sorted sets compared to the volume of our sorted piece and unsorted bulk; I would say somewhere between 900,000 and 1,100,00.

P.S. 567,768 in sealed sets that are set aside for investment.

Edited by Follows Closely