Tariq j

Your LEGO regrets

Thinking about it, I do regret not getting the UCS Imperial Shuttle or the Millennium Falcon.

I feel like I should get Orthanc and the Slave I before I regret not getting those as well, even though that would eventually exceed my budget...

I keep sitting on the fence about Orthanc. I skipped it during the last double points then reconsidered it this month to get the Winter Soldier minifig. Then my sister and the cashier both said if it's between the ferris wheel and orthanc, get the ferris wheel. Staff said they had at least 3 towers hanging around in storage.

I do regret buying a lot with Helms Deep and other castle parts off ebay - sorting all the bricks was a bunch of work and for some reason, I just didn't like it that much when it was together. Now I've got to sell it to try and recoup some money. Other regrets are not getting out of my dark ages to get some Potter sets and the MF Haunted House.

Buying the Parisian restaurant, it looks nice but... it just catches dust there...

1. Buying Exo Force sets..... I got like 4 or 5 of those and I don't even know why. They are nice but definitely not my kind of theme :look:

2. Not getting The Zombies set from Monster Figther..... That's the only moonstone I don't own and now I want it so badly but the price is laughably high :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

LEGO-Monster-Fighters-Zombies.jpg

Edited by Robert8

Like many, missing out on the UCS Falcon.

Maybe I'll Bricklink it one day when I can justify the price of doing so and actually have the patience to look for all of those parts.

Not trying to get the Caribbean clipper and Fortress from my neighbour when he grew up. I've got a near complete set of all the early pirates run. I'm missing about 4 big sets. The clipper, the fortress, the really really big pirate boat, and one other larger late run set. Also a base I think. I have everything else except a couple of those tiny impulse plastic bag sets that might not have been around our area. I'm not sure if he still has them, but he's the kind of guy who wouldn't sell anything without looking it up and now they're worth a lot.

Recently missing multiple 41035 Heartlake Juice Bar sets on clearance at multiple Walmart stores for $4.18 each, 87% off MSRP.

Edited by Prairie

My biggest Lego regret.

Eating a brick seperator. Goes down smooth. Comes out hard.

LOL

Not buying the hell out of Lego when i was single and not supporting a family. All that young adult expendable income wasted on things other than Lego. What a shame.

When I moved out form the house to my own place, I thougth: "I'm a grown adult now, I have no need for lego."

I gave away 4-5 binders full with old 80's instructions, ideabooks and whatnot to a neighbor kid. All still in mint condition.

I also gave away a massive amount of Technic to him.

I still regret that decision 10 years ago...

It was among the things a 6000-1 ideabook with all the stickers intact. 4-5 binders FULL!

After getting into lego again, I have missed out on some really nice eby items due to forgetting them and so on.

Not buying the hell out of Lego when i was single and not supporting a family. All that young adult expendable income wasted on things other than Lego. What a shame.

Mine is similar. For about half a year before I got engaged, I bought a lot of LEGO (exiting my dark ages plus disposable income galore). I spent well over $1,000 on Lego...but the biggest sets I bought were a police station and the Agents volcano base. I don't know why I didn't get any of the early modulars or other large exclusives, but I regret that. Fortunately, I have a better job now, so I can actually buy Lego from time to time.

1. Disassembling the hospital set (was it Paradise?) when I was very small.

2. Not buying old city sets when they are at normal prices.

3. Having bought from a certain seller on Bricklink.

That's from a very long time ago, several years ago and just recently

The one thing that I'm kicking myself for most is back when we made our last trip to the Lego store years ago(3 years since Lego is to lazy to get ONE store to Louisiana) that I didn't get a few grab bags and couple more BAM kits to put on the side for later.

It is now mid-2015, odds of us getting to go on an out of state vacation this year is standing at extremely slim and next year isn't looking any better.

Edit: there's a second regret. About a month ago, I recorded the Lego movie when a few channels were on free trial. Even though I hate the movie, I recorded it to fill up space on the DVR for the time being/to be able to check out a few select scenes. Fast forward to the last week of the month and i delete it by accident. I figure "whatever. I've got 4 new seasons cranking up in a week to a week and a half and a bunch of other stuff set to record". Uh.. Yea kind of came back to bite me in the butt. One season has been removed from the DVR, 2 I've yet to keep any episodes, and one I'm not sure on what it's status will be since its second episode isn't until tomorrow. And while im adding additional episodes of series I do like watching, I'm starting to rotate out episodes I've lost interest in.

Edited by SweetiePie88

1. Buying Exo Force sets..... I got like 4 or 5 of those and I don't even know why. They are nice but definitely not my kind of theme :look:

2. Not getting The Zombies set from Monster Figther..... That's the only moonstone I don't own and now I want it so badly but the price is laughably high :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

LEGO-Monster-Fighters-Zombies.jpg

I regret no more about this becuase I got it today!!! :laugh:

Yes, a part of this will sound gross...

I sometimes catch myself putting Lego into my mouth...

It's a hard habit to kick, mostly when searching for parts. And come across a tire/antenna/bow&arrow or something small.

You never get bitemarks off of your bricks, so don't put them in your mouth!

Bitemarks + Lego = No no. :sadnew:

I used to have this big round tall red bin for my Lego and I used to sleep walk a lot when I was a kid...

So at a certain point I was at it again, dreaming about having to pee... So I did.

The next morning got up and started playing with my Lego and building stuff. Somehow it felt wet, smelled funny and tasted weird.

So kids;

Sleepwalking + Lego = No no.

Your mom has to wash your Lego for you, you don't get to build for a day. And never forget that salty taste. :sceptic:

What a sad thread.. I feel sad for you guys, anyway.

My regrets are none. At all. I never sold any of my Lego, though did make presents of some. Even my Dark Ages coincided with own little Lego's dark period, around 1999ish.

Missing out on the Lego Spider-Man and Lego Batman lines. Every time I look at them on Ebay now, I die inside.

Not emerging from the Dark Ages early enough to buy the earlier Modulars and the Haunted House before they were retired!

Here's my Lego regrets...

* Staying away from Lego for so long. I was a hardcore Lego Maniac as a kid, but put them away and didnt touch them for over a decade... Until a couple years ago.

* Destroyed my 6 wheel mech transport truck. kicked it and bodyslammed it against my apartment metal door and left a dent in the door. I had a really lousy day and came this close ---------->

The original LEGO Batman I series. Never saw it in the UK. Realy want that 7778 tumbler, the original two face chase, the Bat Tank and of course, the Batwing and Bat Cave. If baught now might cost me... £600.

That stings.