Tariq j

Your LEGO regrets

I have so many! Just recently I was sorting my minifigs and found all these torsos where I had scratched away some of the print when I was younger... I found 4 or 5 classic space guys with the logos scratched off( and I did a horrible job, they were totally use less now). And I used to snap the handles off my castle shields to make little guns... I remember I had those classic ones with a blue edge and red and grey in the middle. Well I don't have them anymore....

I have one open/constructed set, and pick a brick stuff that I don't know what I'm going to do with.

Which one? Maybe someone can offer some ideas on possible mods to fit with your current theme focus.

Not getting back into Lego earlier and missing some older sets I would have liked (most notably 10197 Fire Brigade, 8258 Crane Truck, and 8043 Motorized Excavator), which I would have to get at a premium now. Though if I had, I probably would have the same regrets for even older sets.

i regret selling my lego 2 times :( 1 i sold lego when i wass 15 well that wass just a little 2 i sold lego again when i was 27 that was a huge collection but i needed the money i married and offcource the woman come first stupid me never let a woman come between lego or you no matter what she say its not a kid toy its ageless !!!!

Others of my regrets.

Not buying Fire Brigade when it was still out.

Not buying that huge tub of lego when I was first getting into lego.

Not getting the temple of Atlantis when it was being sold.

Not getting any pharoahs quest sets.

Lastly not getting any more monster fighters sets other than the Haunted House, the swamp creature and the zombie cars.

Like a lot of others, ignoring Lego for decades..I had them, a huge box full back in the late 60's and early 70's, then absolutely nothing until a couple years ago, discovering the Architecture series, and buying one (Robie House). Then discovering the modular buildings too late to get anything before Fire Brigade. I think I missed it retiring by just a month or so..haha!

I paid a premium to get FB, but won't shell out for the other older ones...will admire from afar.. ;-)

edit

quote not worked

some regrets not have part on contest

soon there will be one as soon as i know where to post this lol

Edited by Fictions

My regrets are letting my cousins play with my original large set I had taken so good care of. Now years later a good portion is missing!

I also regret that my small town didn't have a larger selection of toys. I had no idea there was Lego Trains and Classic Space. :(

My two biggest regrets are #1 not buying the UCS Millennium Falcon and #2 is letting my activity here dwindle. EL has always been my solid point for my LEGO hobby. Even when I couldn't my new sets I could enjoy LEGO here.

Every time I make an BL order, and few days later, when order is shipped to me, I wind out that store have very rare part(s) at great price I need for current moc. Double check!

I regret not buying the Kingdoms Chess when it was on sale, I was thinking they were going to have restock later on, turns out I was wrong, I will never see them again for that cheap.

Fire Brigade is still on sale where I live. I'm wondering if I'll regret not buying it because at the moment I'm trying to choose between Fire Brigade and Pet Shop.

It sounds stupid, but not being able to buy certain sets: the Minecraft Micro worlds, the Back to the Future set, the Ghostbusters set, and the one I regret the most: at some point, a local online shop here in Holland had a 20% off of a three-set from the LEGO Movie [spaceship spaceship SPACESHIP, the Dropship and the Mech].

There are many more, but these are the most recent ones I missed out on [or am at this moment missing out on].

Edited by Phrea

My regrets would be missing Batwing Battle over Gotham City (though I may be able to get it soon) and Batmobile and Two-Face Chase. Others would include missing the 2006-2008 Batman sets and the 2008 Republic Gunship.

When I first returned from my dark ages, I started picking up a few sets then I would get distracted with something else and give my sets away to my nephew and then I would get into it again this happened several times :blush::grin: I don't regret giving the sets to my nephew as he still loves LEGO however I just wish I had stuck with it from the start.

I am regretting a S@H order I placed 4 days ago, and its stuck in 'customer service' limbo, and now its the weekend, so it will sit there for another 2 days. I called to find out if there was a problem, and they said they just have so many orders, etc. and they gave me express shipping for free..but its still sitting there. I wonder if the customer service people there know or do anything right. I find it hard to believe that it could take this long, even with the heavy demand. I didn't order anything newly released either. I am not a new customer either, I know that takes an extra day or so.

I regret my dark ages like evrybody does. Looks as if all the great sets came out in those years.. :cry_sad:

Before getiing in my dark ages, I sold all of my Lego (around 40-50kg) for 50 euro. That man must have laughed very hard when he walked out my door. But hey, I needed the money for a gameboy haha

Before getiing in my dark ages, I sold all of my Lego (around 40-50kg) for 50 euro. That man must have laughed very hard when he walked out my door. But hey, I needed the money for a gameboy haha

:0 I hope you at least enjoyed that game boy...

:0 I hope you at least enjoyed that game boy...

Well I played lots of hours on that gameboy, but not quite as many as with the Lego. I have to say that the next day after selling all the lego, I already regretted it!!

Selling my 8258, the first Technic set I ever made.

Edited by grum64

Well I played lots of hours on that gameboy, but not quite as many as with the Lego. I have to say that the next day after selling all the lego, I already regretted it!!

I don't mean to pour salt in your wound, but it was a bad move :facepalm:

I actually sold my old game buy some years ago (not to buy Lego :classic: ) and kind of regret it today :laugh:

Thinking I just got a great deal on a MIB set thru eBay auction to then find the same MIB set up again for auction which ends up going for 25% less. :facepalm: