Tariq j

Your LEGO regrets

Giving away all my old Bionicle sets. I can't remember the name, but I had a huge red Dinosaur and a whole bunch of the old connectible sets and even some stuff from when the theme first started out. I really do regret that.... then again the pieces broke like it was nobodies business! I wish Lego would just start reproducing some old sets, like they did with that City Corner set 60031, they brought that back into production this year, but it was first released in 2009, I wish they did that with some old sets, especially Star Wars :sceptic:

Wow. Some of you should peruse the "Buy, Sale, Trade and Finds" and "Bazaar" forums. You never know what might come up.... bazaar doesn't come up if you just view new content (which is what I do when I come here), you have to actually go look there.

I started in LEGO with trains, pretty near the end of 9V, and didn't know it... I started investing a little in 9V and then, one day, it was just gone. Had I known, I'd have gotten a lot more before it disappeared.

I also love the modular buildings, but the first one - Market Street - I thought was just ugly. Had I known it was only the first of a series of great models, I'd have gotten one. Now it's too much.

I regret sucking up every single piece of Lego into the vacuum when I was a kid everytime Iwanted to help out mum.

Little did I know you could open the thing up and the pieces did not really dissapear into hot thin air...

I regret selling off most of my childhood lego set when I was in uni about 10 years. Mainly large pirates, two train sets, all in original boxes. Was surprised at the time that was getting pretty much the original value for them.

Giving away rare pieces and minifigs like the cloud city boba fett. That is my biggest regret ever. :'-(

Cloud City Boba Fett.

Ouch. :cry_sad:

two regrets, not getting back into lego earlier than I did

and being indecisive over buying the ucs falcon.

for months I thought about it, as I had the money and my gf (now wife) said, get it. I finally decided to buy it, it was about 1 week after they had stopped selling it. I phoned lego shops, I rang various toys r us, but no stock. :(

Sure I wouldnt have space for it anyway, but I wish I'd been more decisive :laugh:

Not Buying HERO Factory Breakout..........

Well all 2012 sets discontinue next month, so I guess there's still time. So go out there, get what you can and come back and edit that post!

My only regret is not buying more clearance lego a few years ago. Everywhere I went they had done decent deals, but I figured I didn't need them so I passed on them. Last year/this year there was no clearance near me, so I haven't been able to get anything. Lego must have wised up.

Other than that, no regrets. I don't get rid of any lego if there is a chance I will want it in the future. I've only sold off extra minifigure that I didn't necessarily need. I'm surprised what some people will pay for figures. I just sold a Legolas figure for $17, which her is only in 2 sets, but that is a lot of money for one figure. But now I can pay that forward for other figures I want. Everybody wins.

My regrets are all the money I've spent on other hobbies instead of LEGO. Partially it's a matter of the dark ages, but there's other overlapping factors as well - regardless, a 20 video game is gone in a few months, that same little lego set is forever.

Also - not publishing my "LEGO Game" I made up in the 90s, in the 90s. There were so many terrible ones out there, war games and the like - even though mine was terrible, it would have fit nicely in that niche of Lego Fandom history.

Also - Not joining the online community until much later than I should have. I lurked a long time. A long time. But things are slowly happening! Thanks to all the other fans out there!

In 2000, I built a MOC playset of the Death Star- it was 100% my design. No "Kenner" influence or anything. It was built on top of a Rock Raiders HQ baseplate. It had a working compactor, detention block with cell, tractor beam control, chasm, conference room, two turbo lasers, a super-laser control room, the droid hide-out room, and on the side a hangar bay big enough to hold the Falcon or Shuttle. My regret? I didn't take any pictures! A lot of my friends at the time thought it was a real set.

Back in the 80's I threw all of my Classic Space sets together and built a massive spaceship, much bigger than any ship LEGO had done. It had a command bridge, detachable fighter ships, an engine room, and an opening hangar bay. Again, no pictures!

Not buying any Space Police 3, 09 Pirates, Batman, more Indiana Jones, Kingdoms, and Fantasy Era. I can still remember seeing some of the early Batman sets and later Indiana Jones TOD sets at half price in Forbidden Planet, thinking that I'd get them on eBay later, or even in the case of Batman not giving a damn. I still kick myself over that...

I regret years ago, leaving about twenty of the 8014 Clone Walker Battle Pack on the rack. They were in the stocking stuffer section and on sale for only five dollars. I only bought five because I "didn't want to be greedy". I went back a day later and they were all gone forever. :cry_sad:

My biggest regret is all the sets I had the opportunity to buy but didn't. Like the time I had the opportunity to buy an as-good-as-complete Futuron monorail but stupidly didn't buy it (maybe I was broke at the time, I forget). Or the options I had to pick up a 6973 Deep Freeze Defender or a 6983 Ice Station Odyssey but didn't (I have since ended up with both sets thanks to Bricklink)

Having had to sell Cafe Corner and Market Street when I was broke, and not having had the money to get the sets after Pet Shop, nor rebuying CC and MS.

Throwing away the Cafe Corner box back then. Because It was flimsy opposed to the stronger Green Grocer box which I kept for storing some parts. Then I learned how much wanted the CC and even It's box became... LOL

I liked LEGO as a child although I only had a handful of sets. My biggest LEGO regret is ignoring the fact that I really wanted to buy LEGO Star Wars sets when they first came out. I regret not starting earlier. Looking back, I may have never married had I started sooner.

My Lego regrets? Quite a few here & there throughout the years I'd imagine like using my allowance to buy a new video game instead of another Lego set. :wink: Sometimes I regret choosing between one set or another thinking the choosen set will be gone before the other when it ended up being the opposite. :sceptic:

Kind of regret and slack on part of the retailer, but it still irks me that when the Collectable Minifigures started, not a single store around me carried any of them until Series 4 and that was only the one Target store. It took until Series 8 at the end of the year (just in time for Christmas of course) before my Walmart even bothered with any of them and even then, they did not (still don't) carry the Minifigures with any sort of reliability. At least Target thus far has been very dependable when it comes to stocking up the Minifigures so I've been glad with my complete Series 7-11, and I can hardly wait for The Lego Movie series! :grin:

Edited by TheOrcKing

No regrets here, maybe because I became "hooked" to Lego very recently. Until then, we were just parents buying a few Legos a year for our daughters. Now that I am "hooked", I have three sets that I'd like to have and I know that it will never happen so be it. It is just plastic. I regret a few very important things in my life that I can't change - but could in the past if I were wiser - but regret over consumerism is not one of them.

By the way, when I was 14, we were moving from an old house to a new house. My dad took the opportunity and destroyed literally all of our toys, and they were a lot. His reason was that it was time for us (we were 3 boys, me the youngest) to grow up.

Edited by Vee

Sorry to bump an old topic, but am I weird for regretting that I've bought a set? I went to a store event, spent £100, and realised I didn't actually want half the stuff I bought. 2 of the sets are unopened, so I can return them, but I have one open/constructed set, and pick a brick stuff that I don't know what I'm going to do with.