gallery_2351_18_164.gif

This is part II of my story. If you like, have a look at part I (link)

I would like to have this one judged.

Jacob's story Part II: strange meeting at the junkyard

After escaping the imperial mining installation Jacob arrives at one of the countless junkyards on Nar Eurbrikka, rusty witnesses of the galaxy's industrial lavishness and technical progress. At this inhospitable place he will have a fateful encounter...

9611656676_bdefff8800_o.jpg

9608423425_f5e67896ca_o.jpg

maniacava.jpg

"Hello there. On the run?"

jacobava2.jpg

"Indeed. What about you? I wouldn't have guessed to find someone both organic and sentient out here."

maniacava.jpg

"And I didn't expect a visitor. Well, you are the first in more than twenty years. I once was called Hunter."

jacobava2.jpg

"Jacob, pleased to meet you. You lived here alone for two decades in this garbage? The only plausible reason for this self inflicted exile would be to have the full attention of the empire."

maniacava.jpg

"Oh no. I don't consider myself to be that important. Unless the Empire still wants this ancient piece of scrap back."

9608424485_abb752958c_o.jpg

jacobava2.jpg

"An Alpha-3 Nimbus! Can't believe it! And it's in catastrophic condition."

maniacava.jpg

"Pipe down! It's not as impressive as it was. But I spent the last 20 years keeping it in good repair. Nevermind. You seem to know a thing or two of such vessels. Do you fly?"

jacobava2.jpg

"Yes, I once was a pilot. In a former life. You were a pilot during these clone wars, right?

maniacava.jpg

"Right. See, I'm much like this junk around you. Produced for war, then thrown away when war was over. Now I'm weighed down by age acceleration and the poisoned air of this junkyard."

jacobava2.jpg

"So you are maybe the last living clone! But how did you get here?"

maniacava.jpg

"After the fall of the Republic, most of my brothers served the Empire without a doubt. That was the only thing we knew. We were reared to be soldiers. To obey every order we may conceive. But for all that I suddenly made my decision. I ran away. Oh, and I wasn't alone at all. That's my old Astromech. My only true friend, R2-W7, but I call him Wilson."

wilsonava.jpg

"1001001010001"

jacobava2.jpg

"Don't feel offended, but why would you do that? Leaving everything behind and live in this junk? I thought clones were loyal."

maniacava.jpg

"Because I knew what freedom means, unlike most over clones. Maybe it's a thing only a pilot can understand...But for now I guess you need a ship. Wanna take my old V-Wing? You can also have my old flight suit."

flightsuit.jpg

maniacava.jpg

"And you should take Wilson with you. He has proven himself in many battles. And he's a very interesting droid to talk to."

wilsonava.jpg

"01001001000100101"

maniacava.jpg

"I know, Will. I will miss you, too. But unlike me, your time hasn't come yet. I believe there's still something to do for you.

Any idea where to go now?"

jacobava2.jpg

"Not really. I think at first I'll just enjoy flying again. After all these years."

maniacava.jpg

"Yes, that's a funny thing to do. But you will have to choose a destination. If possible a destination that doesn't need a hyperjump. And more important, you'll have to find something that's worth flying for."

jacobava2.jpg

"Let me guess: freedom? Fighting the Empire? Shall I crush the whole imperial fleet with your invincible oldtimer? That's pointless. I thank you very much, but I can't change the system."

maniacava.jpg

"Perky idiot!That's the most stupid crap I ever heard. Of course one pilot can change everything! At war, when whole armies weren't able to enforce a planet, one pilot on the right mission could turn the tide. Look: the only freedom I could claim was on this junkyard. But you could reach so much more. Even on this trashyard I heard rumours of this Rebellion. I'm sure they could need a guy like you."

jacobava2.jpg

"*sigh* I keep it in mind. Good bye, old oddball. Thank you."

goodbye.jpg

maniacava.jpg

"And if you ever meet a surviving Jedi...tell him that not all of us just obeyed order 66. Some were strong enough.

And Wilson: I'm sorry! I'm sorry Wilson!"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Over all:

junkyard.jpg

Edited by Jacob Nion

Wow, the moc is very awesome, really like the Junkyard feeling, also your V-wing design is great too. I liked you story as well, the "punchline" was very very clever.

The little details also worth mentioning like the leaking pipe :wub:

Thank you for sharing it!

Edited by Csacsa234

Yes! That sure is a nasty junkyard there. A lot of detail and scrap metal lying around. But the best thing is the leaking pipe! Now I wish I had the transparent hose :grin:

Hey Jacob, I really like your build and your well-thought-out story.

The build looks great, the whole scene could take place on Raxus Prime as well. All this details and greebles fit excellent, well done.

And Wilson: I'm sorry! I'm sorry Wilson!"

So, is this a reference to "Cast Away"?

You have talent for designing piles of old wreckages :grin:

Keep working in it, might be usefull in the future...

Seriously it's a nice story, a nice junkyard, and a nice V-wing :thumbup:

Off topic: It's cool to see all those SoNE sigs :blush:

You are really developing your character :thumbup: , the vignette looks messy without looking chaotic like a pile of bricks, and your V wing is also very good.

WOW!

Really good MOC and story!

The junkyard is great and you put in so many details!

Nice!

Markus

I can only agree with what has been said: your junk looks terrific! :drool: What's in the MOC is all excellent; one thing that I feel was missing is some sort of covering for the fighter. If he's trying to hide it, a makeshift hangar might be a good addition. (And hangars have all sorts of equipment in them that are fun to build.)

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

I like the build, and I particularly like the "dialogue system" you're using in your presentation.

Very nicely done! This is how a junkyard should be! Love all those little details you've put in place!

Your story is really amazing! You could write novels ;) Whole MOC is awesome and all those details really details rocks!

Thanks everyone for commenting! It was a lot of fun to literal build junk.

And thanks for blogging and awarding me 5 xp!

That's a really cool MOC. Very creative way of making lots of junk; it's fun to try to identify what parts came from what ships.

Nicely play with "I'm sorry Wilson!" I read that with Tom Hanks's voice in my head.