Sandy

Heroica RPG - Cruel Angel's Thesis ~ Day One

Jinnipher sat in a chair upstairs, near the zombie and the Evoker. She loudly clunked her shield down, preparing to Block. "No sense in standing around. The Moon Elves are a proud people if helpless, but even I know when to fight and when to stand back and observe. When I get my hands on one of these treacherous rats, though, there's no holding back."

"But there aren't too many knights in shining armor here..."

"I'll protect you, sweetheart." :wink:

"...Am I the only one who heard that? The cellar, I mean...

I already know for fact I hear "things"."

Jinnipher's pointy ears perked up. "Not at all. Though if you want to see for yourself, I'd be glad to join you tonight. I'm not only fierce on the battlefield." :wink:

He didn't trust the colorful halfling, and he didn't want to trust the old cannon jockey, but the man raised yet another good point.

The issue is how to make sure that it's in the right hands.

You find good hands, I give gold. Idea strong enough.

"The Magnifying Glass is a fine trinket, but would need six of us to work together to purchase it. At this stage we have only gut feelings on who to trust, perhaps gaining such an item is beyond us, for now."

"I had an idea, Wings. The peddler downstairs...think he's got some useful tools we can use to root out these Snifphlegm. If a couple people pooled together some gold, we might be able to buy a Magnifying Glass."

Zelphie snorts laughter. "Calico, my darling halfling, how are we to decide who gets to hold onto such a beautiful item? You haven't forgotten the quarrel the two of us had over that lovely gemstone in Baltarok, have you?"

This is the most progressive thing I've heard all evening. That racket downstairs most certainly does not count. The issue is how to make sure that it's in the right hands.

I have to agree with Zelphie. It's too early to be blindly trusting someone with a powerful tool that most everyone will probably want to believe. Better to try to come up with a plan of who to attack together Today, something that doesn't involve investing in giving power to one hero, and then analyze how different individuals respond.

"I'll protect you, sweetheart." :wink:

Jinnipher's pointy ears perked up. "Not at all. Though if you want to see for yourself, I'd be glad to join you tonight. I'm not only fierce on the battlefield." :wink:

"A woman, ye're talkin' tae, realize that, ye do?"

I have to agree with Zelphie. It's too early to be blindly trusting someone with a powerful tool that most everyone will probably want to believe. Better to try to come up with a plan of who to attack together Today, something that doesn't involve investing in giving power to one hero, and then analyze how different individuals respond.

"I'd like to have some information before we got lopping any heads off. And I liked O'blix's idea of passing it along each day."

"A woman, ye're talkin' tae, realize that, ye do?"

Jinnipher scoffed. "Jealous, greenskin? Perhaps your kind has not evolved enough to escape such narrow mindedness."

"Anyways, this talk about a magnifying glass... it could work, but of course, who to trust? It may make the holders vulnerable while they use it or pass it along, not allowing them to perform another action."

But I not want to lose temper. Hard to calm down. Blind rage run in family, not stop til thoroughly mashed. Like potato! I prefer keep level head. Pass item around, good idea. If someone not pass, then maybe lose temper a little bit.

"Maybe the person who's cleared by it gets the glass the next day, and we decide like that? Even if the Nifflime managed to get their hands on it, it'd have to pass by them and onto the next person. They wouldn't be able to continuously give it to their own members."

"I'd like to have some information before we got lopping any heads off. And I liked O'blix's idea of passing it along each day."

MegaBloks, I missed that. That plan does make more sense. I still wouldn't trust the result Today as much as I might later on, but it'll be something that'll make some relevant discussion and actions happen.

"Maybe the person who's cleared by it gets the glass the next day, and we decide like that? Even if the Nifflime managed to get their hands on it, it'd have to pass by them and onto the next person. They wouldn't be able to continuously give it to their own members."

But they could just only 'clear' their own scummy friends. And we can't always force the Magnifying Glass to be used during the Day according to public consensus, or the scum might be able to block the action or return the wrong result of the action.

But I not want to lose temper. Hard to calm down. Blind rage run in family, not stop til thoroughly mashed. Like potato! I prefer keep level head. Pass item around, good idea. If someone not pass, then maybe lose temper a little bit.

Agreed. But I don't really expect anyone to do something as obviously scummy as to refuse to pass it, not this early in the situation.

But they could just only 'clear' their own scummy friends. And we can't always force the Magnifying Glass to be used during the Day according to public consensus, or the scum might be able to block the action or return the wrong result of the action.

"Of course we could. Since actions are public, anyone screwing with the results could be easily caught."

Only problem if Nephilim get hands on first, lie about results. Pass among selves by targeting each other to clear.

Jinnipher scoffed. "Jealous, greenskin? Perhaps your kind has not evolved enough to escape such narrow mindedness."

"Anyways, this talk about a magnifying glass... it could work, but of course, who to trust? It may make the holders vulnerable while they use it or pass it along, not allowing them to perform another action."

"Evolved enough we 'ave, that that is just wrong, we know, ye disgrace, jealous, I'm nae, interest me, such things do not, disgust me they do."

:pir_yoda:

Edited by Lord Duvors

"There's another idea. We all take a vote on who the person examines each day. It's, like, genius, right?"

"Of course we could. Since actions are public, anyone screwing with the results could be easily caught."

We don't know that; we don't know what actions are ranged and which ones aren't. Although I guess it could be that doesn't apply to abilities, only attacks...no idea how it applies to Scrolls.

We don't know that; we don't know what actions are ranged and which ones aren't. Although I guess it could be that doesn't apply to abilities, only attacks...no idea how it applies to Scrolls.

"I'm pretty sure that'd be using an item, B."

Only problem if Nephilim get hands on first, lie about results. Pass among selves by targeting each other to clear.

"Aye, forewarned us, ye have, however, given th' idea to all Nephilim in earshot, ye have, careful, we must be."

Edited by Lord Duvors

"I'm pretty sure that'd be using an item, B."

Hopefully so.

All this being said, I don't think I see a way that it could hurt to try to make something happen through that Today, so, very well, if we are in agreement, I don't mind contributing some Gold.

Excuse the ramblings of an old man, but do we have any confirmation that the results would be revealed by the Veterans, or would the results have to be passed on by the user themself?

"Aye, forewarned us, ye have, however, given th' idea to all Nephilim in earshot, ye have, careful, we must be."

Are you listening to the rest of us? We're just now discussing how to make sure we're all agreed on who would be investigated if this tool was bought.

Excuse the ramblings of an old man, but do we have any confirmation that the results would be revealed by the Veterans, or would the results have to be passed on by the user themself?

"Pretty sure it'd be the person looking through the glass, Gramps..."

"Yes... the Nephilim will greatly desire the glass. Maybe no one should get it? If we all agree for now not to use it, they will not be able to lie. And anyone caught buying it alone will be very suspicious, and we can all attack him/her. The only way to buy it is for us all to vote. That way we know who is using it, and with out consent."

Are you listening to the rest of us? We're just now discussing how to make sure we're all agreed on who would be investigated if this tool was bought.

"Be, that may, caution, councilin', I am."

"I've got some gold to front too, don't ask how I got it. I think I'll give it to B, since she seems decent 'nuff. For a Paladin. Who's with me?"