Sandy

Heroica RPG - Cruel Angel's Thesis ~ Day One

"Me not satisfied with sitting doing nothing. Me want to kill dark angel's followers and the best way for me is attack or encourage someone who attacks. If babbling gremlin not best target we can change, but me fear strong evidence will not come up so soon as today. Aside from gremlin me not like smell from heroes not giving thoughts on situation, like female hobgoblin or dark skinned human. Many heroes still hiding in shadows too, need step forward and speak their mind."

"I agree with you, but if you want to kill Nephlim then we better start looking for one!" She heads closer to the werlion and whispers "Between you and I, that winged warrior doesn't look so holy... *cough* Nephilim *cough* "

Luridan's face no longer has the look of hate that had been sitting like a fat toad on his features, it had been replaced by one of sorrow.

"Die soon, we all will, slain by Nephillim and each other, but fight Nephillim, we must, if we all die, even, win, we shall, die with glory, we will, if falls, heroica does, bring down th' Nephillim with us, we will."

Luridan jerks his way over to the knot of talking heroes and says "Sorry, I am, a fool, I am, new tae this, I am, dinnae want tae foul our search, I dae, help, how can I?"

It's been said many times what you're doing wrong. I don't think it helps to tell you what to do in order to appear less scummy, because then you'll just be following what we say, as if we gave you the answers to a test. I don't see how you can make yourself appear any less suspicious by asking what you have to do and then following. We've said enough times what you've done wrong.

"Doing anything, nae one is, just taking, they all are! Wasting time, we are, do something, we must, a plan, Sir Rubinstien has, give it tae us, will he please?"

He's just referring to the Magnifying Glass plan.

"Friends, I joined Heroica to help protect life. So far I have heard talks of ganging up on annoying people and I have also noticed the thievery. I do not think that this is appropriate, friends. No matter how extremely bothersome a hero can be *cough cough* we should still think things through. If we have any darker suspects that may more likely be with the dark angels, I suggest we expend energy on them rather than on simply annoying characters..." Fleyra shuffles a little and adjusts her wings. "...however I would not be against eliminating any bothersome... pests..."

Nice summary of the obvious and of other heroes' analysis.

( :sarcasm_hmpf: )

Has there been a consensus as to anyone who is trustworthy or a target that isn't? I will try to follow the conversation more closely, but it is difficult, I have spent many years fighting in foreign lands and my sleep schedule isn't completely compatible with most of you.

"What was this bloody plan again? I don't seem to remember anything clear being decided, but its possible I missed it."

And asking other heroes to tell you what's been going on is something I remember being a sign of scum, though in this case perhaps there has been enough pointless posting and activity to make it excusable.

"I agree with you, but if you want to kill Nephlim then we better start looking for one!" She heads closer to the werlion and whispers "Between you and I, that winged warrior doesn't look so holy... *cough* Nephilim *cough* "

Skrupp hears whispering and wheels around.

"If ya' have got something to say, speak up! Making baseless accusations ain't a good step to take if ya' want others to trust ya'. But what yer saying don't sound like the crafty work of a Nephilum... looks as though ya' just don't know what yer doing. A scum would chances not make such a foolish and obvious error."

Oxstrong then turns to address Retak.

"So, Retak Ysp, we're waitin' on ya' to carry out yer stage of the plan so we can get on with our huntin'. Care to shake yerself outa' whatever stupour yer in?"

The nord taps his foot impatiently and waits for the Fenarian to log on wake up.

But two players then targeted this poor wretch with theft actions? why?

would they please share their reasons, do you really think he's scummy?

"Not particularly, but I'm, like, SERIOUSLY sure I could put whatever junk he's got to better use than he can. He's singing and dancin' 'round even more than our freshly-baked minstrel over there," explained Calico with a nod.

"Not particularly, but I'm, like, SERIOUSLY sure I could put whatever junk he's got to better use than he can. He's singing and dancin' 'round even more than our freshly-baked minstrel over there," explained Calico with a nod.

"I can accept that."

"I think we agreed that those other folks with glasses should use 'em in secret on whoever is holdin' tha' communal one. Protection might also be a good idea, in case of the Nephillum bastards just tryin' to kill 'em off every single night. We won't get anywhere if results have to be got out of a corpse."

Zpilf somehow emerges from the pocket of Skrupp's trousers, opens his mouth to say something, then decides to scribble it on a potato instead. He nonetheless turns to face the Nord to finish the second half of his thought.

"Well, I'd rather focus on not becomin' corpses--or at tha very leas', makin' tha kidney-men pay fer tryin'. They're mor'tal like tha rest o' us, so 'f we can make ourselves poor targets..."

And asking other heroes to tell you what's been going on is something I remember being a sign of scum, though in this case perhaps there has been enough pointless posting and activity to make it excusable.

I think enough people have done that for it to be forgiven :blush:. It may be that 12 pages put people off. :laugh:

"Care to get yerself involved, honey? Tryin' to just slide out of view ain't gonna work out of ev'ryone."

"A good hunter knows how to wait for his chance. Not all of us throw ourselves into the fray as you, Raider." says coldly the Nôrn hunter "Another voice in this mess won't serve to do nothing but confusion; personally I find annoying and distracting the gremlin, accordingly is either very stupid or he is trying to distract us." concludes Weyrdág without moving from his table, his bow isn't so far from her, ready to be picked up and used.

I don't find it particularly suspicious at the moment, but I'm just curious: did Pauline Jillian Boyle send any of you potato messages about her suspicions (albeit with no reasoning provided for those suspicions)? I ask because she sent me one, and it reads somewhat strangely; I get the impression that it was copied and pasted onto multiple potatoes for different heroes. (Again, not particularly suspicious; I'm just curious.)

Pause for dramatic effect.

"Nephilum or a cretin? Nephilum or a cretin?"

"Another voice in this mess won't serve to do nothing but confusion; personally I find annoying and distracting the gremlin, accordingly is either very stupid or he is trying to distract us."

Or as the elves say, "Carmandë hya úhandë. :sadnew: "

"A good hunter knows how to wait for his chance. Not all of us throw ourselves into the fray as you, Raider." says coldly the Nôrn hunter "Another voice in this mess won't serve to do nothing but confusion; personally I find annoying and distracting the gremlin, accordingly is either very stupid or he is trying to distract us." concludes Weyrdág without moving from his table, his bow isn't so far from her, ready to be picked up and used.

"So yer not helping is actually a master plan of biding yer time?" He laughs. "Forgive me if I don't believe that. Another clear, sensible voice in this mess could give us the edge in rootin' out them Nephilum... but it looks as though ya' are not that voice. So far ya' have done nothing worth mentionin' ta' help, and this only speakin' up to deflect accusations ain't helpin' yer credibility. Nice try, Nôrn, I have never found yer kind ta' be one of any use - other than for foolin' about with."

I don't find it particularly suspicious at the moment, but I'm just curious: did Pauline Jillian Boyle send any of you potato messages about her suspicions (albeit with no reasoning provided for those suspicions)? I ask because she sent me one, and it reads somewhat strangely; I get the impression that it was copied and pasted onto multiple potatoes for different heroes. (Again, not particularly suspicious; I'm just curious.)

Fleyra walks over to the questioning character.

"I did not receive any such potato, although I noticed Zpilf doing something with a potato a couple moments ago... Potatoes, though? So childish. I thought heroes were supposed to be more mature than that... This isn't a game you know."

Fleyra walks over to the questioning character.

"I did not receive any such potato."

"Me neither, although I'll certainly look out for such a thing."

Skrupp hears whispering and wheels around.

"If ya' have got something to say, speak up! Making baseless accusations ain't a good step to take if ya' want others to trust ya'. But what yer saying don't sound like the crafty work of a Nephilum... looks as though ya' just don't know what yer doing. A scum would chances not make such a foolish and obvious error."

"Me agrrrees, speak up about suspicions. Why telling me and not do something yourself? You want me to take first leap and you sit back while others hunt?"

Kob will speak suspicions, if were-tiger would like to hear them.

Kob think Voros is very suspicious. Voros has edited reinstated thoughts, bandwagonned on every occasion he can (including Kob's own ideas), and agrees with everything. Kob wants action, and Kob knows lion wants action.

If Voros winds up being loyal to Heroica, two ladies who robbed him, Callico and Kharybdis, look more than a little suspicious, potentially leeching on bandwagon and gaining gold for scummy Nephilim.

Kob also curious why Eris think Fleyra look suspicious. Could Eris tell hall and Kob why Fleyra looks suspicious?

"Look, an idea, I have, use buddy system, with person ye trust most, stick, tae each other, aid give, later, those who trusted can be, definitely known, will be, and pairs, join together will, know who a hero tis, and who Nephillim tis, and massacre Nephillim, we will."

:pir_yoda:

Edited by Lord Duvors

"Look, an idea, I have, use buddy system, with person ye trust most, stick, tae each other, aid give, later, those who trusted can be, definitely known, will be, and pairs, join together will, know who a hero tis, and who Nephillim tis, and massacre Nephillim, we will."

So... find other Hall-ies, form a Hall-ie core, find the scum, kill the scum... isn't that just another way of stating the basic townie goal of every situation like this?

"Stop tryin' ta' summarise the most basic ideas and sell 'em off as yer own in order ta' look as though yer helpin', ya' ain't."

If Voros winds up being loyal to Heroica, two ladies who robbed him, Callico and Kharybdis, look more than a little suspicious, potentially leeching on bandwagon and gaining gold for scummy Nephilim.

"Calico has explained that he carried out tha' theft in order ta' make better use of Luridan's items - regardless of his affiliations. For now that reasonin' is good enough for me."

"Calico has explained that he carried out tha' theft in order ta' make better use of Luridan's items - regardless of his affiliations. For now that reasonin' is good enough for me."

Kob thinks that Callico is still fishy for time being, but can see where Oxstrong is coming from. Callico could have stolen item from Voros to assist Nephilim, but once again, Kob can only speculate for time being.

Kob will speak suspicions, if were-tiger would like to hear them.

Kob think Voros is very suspicious. Voros has edited reinstated thoughts, bandwagonned on every occasion he can (including Kob's own ideas), and agrees with everything. Kob wants action, and Kob knows lion wants action.

Kob also curious why Eris think Fleyra look suspicious. Could Eris tell hall and Kob why Fleyra looks suspicious?

"Me knows those suspicions of gremlin already. Same as has been said before. More thinking same thing doesn't make it true. Me also already said me want orc lady to speak about suspicions. Why orc mage repeating same thing again?

Me still think gremlin suspicious, but more and more heroes also behaving strange."

"Look, together, two heros, together working, in pairs, better then one hero alone work."

Edited by Lord Duvors

"Look, together, two heros, together working, in pairs, better then one hero alone work."

"Look what else: a pair of two people workin' together, not bein' able to trust the other yet havin' to co-operate 'cause ya' said so. The plan is folly. We will do what makes sense - act as a group openly until we are able to form our own alliances."

"Look what else: a pair of two people workin' together, not bein' able to trust the other yet havin' to co-operate 'cause ya' said so. The plan is folly. We will do what makes sense - act as a group openly until we are able to form our own alliances."

"Fine! Try tae help, I will stop, only help myself, I will, watch ye squirm, I will!"

Edited by Lord Duvors

Gremlin is now spinning a web of deceit. Why would gremlin speak now about working together, particularly when group discussing him? Kob think Voros trying to change subject.

"Now would be a good time ta' jog yer memory (re-read) and familiarise yerself with our plans. Every angle of view is another one that will help us greatly. Claiming that yer are confused, but without tellin' us by what ain't helpin' anyone, and will likely raise suspicions yer way. Ya' can't use yer just wakin' up as an excuse for not tryin', that's a sure-fire way to get our attentions."

"Surely you are right. My appologies. I am haunted by some nightmares in my sleep for several nights now. If it has something to do with this downfall of Heroica I do not know. But what I do know is that I won't let the Nephilim take over this noble institution. And you will find no sarcasm in my voice. Since I came here and quested with ye fellow heroes I became proud of what Heroica stands for. I will think of what I have heard now (re-re-read) and contribute my ideas as soon as I come up with them."