Sandy

Heroica RPG - Cruel Angel's Thesis ~ Day One

I'd agree if he hadn't literally said 'Does anybody have a watch action?' Either way, sheeping isn't the most protown thing either.

I just saw it as an inexperienced player hero's idea of an action that agreed with you. And I agree, sheep are definitely not pro-Town Hall; I don't mean to say that his action was pro-Hall. Sheep are my first choice to kill if there's no better option, getting rid of someone who isn't helping being a win no matter what his alignment is at this stage of the game.

Calico looked up after several minutes of brushing.

"Let's quit beating around the bush. Would anyone seriously miss the gremlin if we took him out, like, right now? He's TOTALLY bugging the crap outta me, and I feel like he's distracting everyone else, too, not to mention considering we all know how to use weapons, he'll probably end up doing more harm than good in the long run."

It's definitely not a bad idea to get rid of those who aren't helping at this stage in the situation, but I'd prefer to see what we get out of the investigation and the heroes who haven't spoken, first.

I just saw it as an inexperienced player hero's idea of an action that agreed with you. And I agree, sheep are definitely not pro-Town Hall; I don't mean to say that his action was pro-Hall. Sheep are my first choice to kill if there's no better option, getting rid of someone who isn't helping being a win no matter what his alignment is at this stage of the game.

It's definitely not a bad idea to get rid of those who aren't helping at this stage in the situation, but I'd prefer to see what we get out of the investigation and the heroes who haven't spoken, first.

"Many Alchemists, see you? Many producers of free potions and venoms, see you?"

:pir_yoda:

Edited by Lord Duvors

Calico looked up after several minutes of brushing.

"Let's quit beating around the bush. Would anyone seriously miss the gremlin if we took him out, like, right now? He's TOTALLY bugging the crap outta me, and I feel like he's distracting everyone else, too, not to mention considering we all know how to use weapons, he'll probably end up doing more harm than good in the long run."

Not a beat. The fool has contributed nothing, and has succeeded in nothing but nodding and agreeing to everything without even explaining why, and has been a blasted nuisance to everyone.

"Fair enough, but don't go holding your breath for investigation results today, I'm pretty sure results only come up at, like, the end of the day."

If you're not going to try attacking us, why don't you make a potion and give it to a Town leader?

OOC: To clarify, CMP or Brickdoctor

Do you see many scummy heroes? Do you see many producers of useless and unhelpful comments?

We could always keep someone with a watch action on the hero with the magnifying glass.

I believe we would need to purchase a Telescope worth 40 gold to watch the guy with the magnifying glass.

"Fair enough, but don't go holding your breath for investigation results today, I'm pretty sure results only come up at, like, the end of the day."

MegaBloks, I forgot about that. I'm thinking of another situation I was in where the d[/]arkness was coming and investigation results came in during the middle of the day after we performed the action. But I'd still like to see more responses before committing to an action.

Whether they're Nephilim or not, they have to pass the Glass in public to another that we all know about, and if they don't we attack them. And they're supposed to perform the action during the Day, so we would know if someone used another item to mess with the results. There aren't any trusted people to pass the Glass to in private.

A goblet of ale on the bar began to speak. "An' wha's stoppin' a kidney-person from passin' tha thing on at Nigh' instead o' investigatin' like they're s'posed ta? They said in tha' letter they're willin' ta die, I don' doubt they'd be willin' ta make a sacr'fice play. An' if tha schedule's known, there's nothin' stoppin' 'em from messin' wi' tha results anyway, jus' by timin'."

"Wait--I'm a bi' mixed up. Ye're suggestin' that the use o' tha Magnifyin' Glass take place in tha Day, an' that tha passin' take place at Nigh'? Tha's e'en worse! Tha' makes it trivial fer them ta waste our time an' money on tha glasses, by theft, killin' o' tha passer, killin' o' tha receiver, or all three!"

"I don' know why I'm both'rin' wi' this. All I got ta do is keep me own hide intact until tha end. If ya wan' ta waste yer money on some mad scheme, be me guest. Person'ly, I'd rather buy tha' nice pair o' gloves, so at least tha kidney-folk can't take me down wi'out a figh'."

Lorth suddenly jerks up from her slumber in the corner of the saloon, a few frogs jumping from her cloak. After a quick stretch, she addresses the others... in the rhyming way that her descendants had before her.

Forgive me, I had fallen asleep here on my hood,

Now, pray tell, have I missed anything good?

"Listen, you must, an idea, I have."

"Act in th' day, only when needed, save day action fer self defense, wait and save action until all who need tae do something other then attack, act can, attack, self defense in, waste day action in unprovoked attack, must nae, at night, cut loose we will, attack, fear of retaliation without."

Edited by Lord Duvors

A goblet of ale on the bar began to speak. "An' wha's stoppin' a kidney-person from passin' tha thing on at Nigh' instead o' investigatin' like they're s'posed ta? They said in tha' letter they're willin' ta die, I don' doubt they'd be willin' ta make a sacr'fice play. An' if tha schedule's known, there's nothin' stoppin' 'em from messin' wi' tha results anyway, jus' by timin'."

"Wait--I'm a bi' mixed up. Ye're suggestin' that the use o' tha Magnifyin' Glass take place in tha Day, an' that tha passin' take place at Nigh'? Tha's e'en worse! Tha' makes it trivial fer them ta waste our time an' money on tha glasses, by theft, killin' o' tha passer, killin' o' tha receiver, or all three!"

"I don' know why I'm both'rin' wi' this. All I got ta do is keep me own hide intact until tha end. If ya wan' ta waste yer money on some mad scheme, be me guest. Person'ly, I'd rather buy tha' nice pair o' gloves, so at least tha kidney-folk can't take me down wi'out a figh'."

No, the passing would be public.

I believe we would need to purchase a Telescope worth 40 gold to watch the guy with the magnifying glass.

"Eh, tha's still subject to tha same prob'ems tha Magnifying Glass has. Person'lly, I doubt any o' those things'd be here if at leas' some among us di'nt have 'em already, or at leas' some kind o' ability ta do it fer themselves. They're jus' bein' smar'er an' keepin quiet instead o' paintin' a big ol' target on their backs."

Lorth blinks a few times at the gremlin.

I’m afraid I don’t know what you just said,

Did that make no sense, or is it just in my head?

Edited by LordoftheNoobs

"Eh, tha's still subject to tha same prob'ems tha Magnifying Glass has. Person'lly, I doubt any o' those things'd be here if at leas' some among us di'nt have 'em already, or at leas' some kind o' ability ta do it fer themselves. They're jus' bein' smar'er an' keepin quiet instead o' paintin' a big ol' target on their backs."

I don't doubt it. But those with Telescopes, Glasses, or their own equivalent abilities can act as unknown redundancies in the system to trap scum - say, a person with a magnifying glass they started with could investigate Retak Ysp and see for themselves if he's Town or Scum. If he reads scum, they could let someone know in private so we know not to trust (or at least double check) the results Retak gives us.

Lorth suddenly jerks up from her slumber in the corner of the saloon, a few frogs jumping from her cloak. After a quick stretch, she addresses the others... in the rhyming way that her descendants had before her.

Forgive me, I had fallen asleep here on my hood,

Now, pray tell, have I missed anything good?

Kob is sorry Lorth.

Terrible things are going forth.

Kob enjoys rhyming couplets.

"Listen, you must, an idea, I have."

"Act in th' day, only when needed, save day action fer self defense, wait and save action until all who need tae do something other then attack, act can, attack, self defense in, waste day action in unprovoked attack, must nae, at night, cut loose we will, attack, fear of retaliation without."

On side note, Kob comments on gremlin's fishiness, and not just gremlin's smell neither. Gremlin clearly has no idea what he's saying. Kob knows action is mandatory for hall to stay alive. Gremlin seems to be covering his hide. Kob questions why gremlin wants hall to keep quiet during day. Does gremlin have actions that gremlin does not want rest of hall knowing about? Kob finds gremlin very suspicious...

Kob is in agreeance with Zpilf. Kob has already stated why. Kob does not want enemy to get a hold of powerful items. Powerful items in hands of scum means danger for all heroes.

"He may be aggravating... infuriating... and generally unhelpful... but it could very likely... be the result of being locked... in the hall and having his loyalty questioned... I hardly think... we should kill him... for it."

No, the passing would be public.

"Then tha' still leaves tha pro'lem o' tha kidney-people knowin' who's bein' targeted when. Unless ya can pass items AND use them at tha same time--an' if tha's the case, tha' still don' protect tha plan o'ernight. It'd still be a cost o' 60 gold a day ta keep e'rythin' on tha up-an-up."

"It ain' a bad idea, there's jus' too many holes in it."

"Well, not all of us can just huddle up in a corner and just, like, hope for the best."

Lorth blinks a few times at the gremlin.

I’m afraid I don’t know what you just said,

Did that make no sense, or is it just in my head?

"Aye, made sense, it did, explain it again, I cannae, singing without, speak the same way as others, I cannae, singing without."

"Perhaps we can wait a day or a night before buying this glass. It may be that then we will have some information to go on. The younger races are always racing to get everything done. Observation never hurts. Some may die, but their sacrifice will allow the survivors to play with a better hand." Zelphie buzzes a frequency and stares ahead. "We are heroes."

"I have never quested with our gorgeous little alchemist, but it is my opinion that all those who play at God, as alchemists are wont to do, have a screw or two loose. It does not make them anymore evil than those who walk instead of fly."

"Then tha' still leaves tha pro'lem o' tha kidney-people knowin' who's bein' targeted when. Unless ya can pass items AND use them at tha same time--an' if tha's the case, tha' still don' protect tha plan o'ernight. It'd still be a cost o' 60 gold a day ta keep e'rythin' on tha up-an-up."

I believe trading items does not count as your action for the day, only using a skill or an item. Why would it be sixty gold a day? Magnifying glasses aren't one use, are they?

We haven't seen anything to suggest that we can't pass and use in the same Day. I think the Night killing was what Kharybdis was saying someone with a Watcher/Tracker action should try to account for.

I believe trading items does not count as your action for the day, only using a skill or an item. Why would it be sixty gold a day? Magnifying glasses aren't one use, are they?

He's thinking that the Glass-user might be killed every Night since the scum will know who it is.