Sign in to follow this  
lightningtiger

Art Deco Gas Station

Like I wrote in my latest hardware store topic I had started a side project.....a gas station and here is a progress shot.....will of course more to come so keep watching ! :wink:

old_gas_station_99.jpg

Nice job so far; it's so tiny :wink:

Thanks and that's the idea being tiny.....as in respect to the hardware store yes.....but back in the 1930's these art deco style structures sometimes didn't reach the same heights as mid to late 19th century timber and brick combo buildings.

Now I have designed a "GAS" sign.....out of brick on LDD......that should be done tomorrow and also the interior too.

Keep watching ! :classic:

As a former student in architecture I really like this especially the round caracteristic corner. I hope you will add the gas sign soon!

Very nice, I like the pumps design :thumbup: I would only change those black tiles with dark grey ones

Edited by SalvoBrick

Thanks for the feedback everyone......now the reason behind the black tiles is that the base of the building and pump are the collectable minifig mounting plates......plus I need some DBG 8x16 tiles.....so more tomorrow....keep watching ! :wink:

This is very cool. I just love these old service stations. Iv'e even seen some restored and some converted into cafe places. Are you going to put some nice globes on top of the gas pumps?

Ah, now there's an idea......I'll look into globes on top of the bowsers.......thanks for the suggestion 'Only Sinner'......keep watching everyone ! :wink:

It's a bit of a late entry for the Gas Station Competition we had in this forum isn't it? :wink:

But, as always with your Art Deco builds LT, it's really well done.

It's a bit of a late entry for the Gas Station Competition we had in this forum isn't it? :wink:

But, as always with your Art Deco builds LT, it's really well done.

You know if I did this one I've might have done better in the competition ! :laugh:

Now the sign on the roof......totally brick built or brick build a something with clips and use coloured tubing to look like neon tube lighting to spell the word 'GAS' ? :look:

Now that is nice!! I love the fact it's small (but perfectly formed!!) I might "borrow" the idea and do something similar for my village - it needs a petrol station!! Keep up the good work!

Can't wait to see the next step! Art Deco has always been a favorite of mine, it just seemed so fabulous.

Thanks everyone from today so far for your positive vibes........so 'greg3' I expect to say in your village a similar petrol station....I'll look forward to it.

More coming today......gee, I hope Toy Corner has those 8x16 tiles instock. :blush:

The pumps are even better with the bulbs on top! It looks great; keep on improving it.

Thanks 'jamesn', I still have to finish the cash register inside plus a sign to go on top of the pole out the front. :wink:

Looks great so far! :thumbup: Looking forward to the next steps.

Thanks 'ER0L' for your kind words......just a small update right now....of course more tomorrow ! :wink:

old_gas_station_79.jpg

I really like the design! :thumbup: Now it's much better!

Thanks 'SalvoBrick', I'll be working on the sign today so more later on......keep watching ! :wink:

Nice! -Interresting lampshade+bulp design. I´ll be sure to copy that! ;-)

I´ve never been very keen on the "Palace-theatre" style lettering, but it works out nicely here...

All-in-all very nice look and style for such a compact MOC.

The gas sign,the globes and the modification to the street light really make it great. Have you experimented with the what I assume are oil bottles being a trans colour rather than red?

And it's in my favourite pairing of colours red and white.

Edited by Hewman