Duq

MOC: Bahnhof Neuffen

gallery_8966_235_3881.png

I hadn't planned on posting about this MOC before it was properly finished but things got delayed and last weekend it made its debut at the Dun Laoghaire Model Railway Show so here it is:

Bahnhof Neuffen.

9595958310_93554a0e14.jpg

Neuffen track side by Duq, on Flickr

I needed a station for my growing collection of German trains and the choice was very easy: my favourite model railway kit from my childhood (Vollmer 7522). It turned out that they took some poetic license when they created that kit but the main shape and layout were the same. The shape of the roof is very distinctive and took a lot of time to get right. There are 14 panels in the roof, each at their own angle, and they all had to connect. And then there were the two turrets; one square and one hexagonal. They certainly weren't easy to keep in the style of the rest of the roof. In total there's around 4000 cheese slopes in the roof...

9593172869_e3d8618537.jpg

Neuffen in the sun by Duq, on Flickr

I've a bit of work left to do in further detailing so in time I'll post some more pictures.

Hey! Those Vollmer kits are really great, I've got some of them packed away with all my HO stuff myself. You really did a great job with the roof and the exterior timber work. You've really got a lovely station for your fine German trains now!

Joe

Wonderful work Duq! Like Anticyclone said, "it's beautiful!" I'm blown away by the detail, especially how you constructed the roof. Very well done :classic:

What a masterpiece! I wish I'd be able to to something or to see in person a creation like that! Your trees are great and as a student in architecture I really appreciate what you've done! Respect. I hope you had great time doing and exposing it!

That is a nice wonderful station, it immediately gave me the feeling of being there and standing next to it, and smelling the specific train-station-smells.....!!

The wooden shed that is built against it on the right side is also recognizable!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

I saw pictures on flickr of the complete layout and your MOC really stood out! Now for a proper model railway you stood start and build huge mountains in the background :laugh:

A very nice building

with the wooden structure between the bricks

very nice

this building is really top

Thanks guys! I'll post some pictures of how the roof was done when I get a chance to take them ;-)

It took a lot of time and work to get the timber patterns and then to get all the roof panels to match up but it was worth it. I certainly had a good time last weekend at the show, even though we didn't win the public vote this time (have to hand out more sweets to bribe the kids ;- )

The complex junctions you've got on the roof are exceptionally well executed. And the fact that you used 4000 cheese slopes just boggles my mind!

I love it! It is beautiful. The roof is very interesting. I will be studying that more closely.

The wooden framing is superb! :thumbup:

Very nice. Looks the part there with that engine running past, just like it was straight out of an 1980's Arnold catalogue!

Wow! What a fantastic build. There is so much detail there. From the roof, to the vertical lines on the shed, etc. etc.. Having seen your steam engines I'm not surprised at all that you were able to squeeze 300% of the amount of detail allowed by law in to such a small space.