SkaForHire

Book II - Kaliphlin: Guild sign-up and Discussion

"Help me take control of my fool imagination."

Haha thx, but I was hoping for a quick resume of what's happening here so a inactive member could easily jump in again :)

Edited by Maxim I

For you challenge Ska, I opposed the DK: You don't ambush an ally!

@Maxim: so, I onl recently joined so I may be in no position to tell y-things right, but I'll still try to and someone else should correct me if I'm wrong:

The barkeeper sighs, put the glass he was cleaining back on the shelf, and sits down on a stool after signing the servants to bring some good wine. Then he starts telling, and his loud voice oulls you totally in:

"So. You want to know what happened to our beloved Kaliphlin, do you? Sit down, since it'll take some time! Some months ago, strange rumours started flooding in. They could generally be divided into two sorts: from the west, and the east. The rumours of the west spoke of an island re-risen of the seas, and was mostly brought by drunken sailors, while the rumours of the east spoke of an old King come back to live. All the more horrifying, both rumours proved to be true. And both the old king, soon called the Desert King, and the inhabitants of the western isle claimed the throne. Our good High Council of course didn't want to cede, so there we went. For the first time after the Revolword Saga, dear Kaliphlin was pulled back into war. But it wa snot only Kaliphlin against Kaliphlin: no, people from all over the guilds came to fight for their chosen ruler. It was the hell, M'Lord. Brother fought against brother, nephew against nephew. And while the war dragged on, since no side was strong enough to claim final victory,, treasures burnt out. So it happened that the soldiers were no longer paid, and had to feed themselves of the land. It was a disaster for the peasant and common, M'Lord. War exhaustion sky rocketed, and the hunger to peace grow everyday. Due to the pressure of the tired people, the three sides agreed on a truce. At the moment, the Desert King rules most of this land, while the High Council still is not defeated and even Ulandus controls some pockets of resistance. While tension are so high, the Desert King now has called all his faithfull followers to arms. No-one knows what he is planning, but be ensured no good can come from it."

Great recap TitusV! It seems correct to me.

Only thing I'd like to add is that for the people of Historica the events at the end of Book I would probably be named the "Revolword War" or something similar? It's no saga for someone who witnessed the destruction wrought upon our lands by that evil wizard and his elementals!

You said it is in the Inland Sea, which I assume you are more on the mainland side then the far islands as the WIP looks less tropical. I would agree with putting a little more medium flesh color into the tower. Is it going to be defensive? Or perhaps some other purpose, such as a windmill?

You said it is in the Inland Sea, which I assume you are more on the mainland side then the far islands as the WIP looks less tropical. I would agree with putting a little more medium flesh color into the tower. Is it going to be defensive? Or perhaps some other purpose, such as a windmill?

Partially defensive, I think. The idea behind it was to have an old ruin that had been restored, hence the grey at the bottom of the tower. I probably should have added more grey at the bottom though.

Although we have some quality entries so far, I would like to extend this mini challenge another 15 days, to give a few more people a chance to enter. So the new end date is April 15th anywhere in the world!

Desert King's Challenge!

Also, I would like everyone who may not have already to post a link to their entry here so I do not miss anyone!

Although we have some quality entries so far, I would like to extend this mini challenge another 15 days, to give a few more people a chance to enter. So the new end date is April 15th anywhere in the world!

Desert King's Challenge!

Also, I would like everyone who may not have already to post a link to their entry here so I do not miss anyone!

Argh! I thought it ended on April 31st! Panic!

Argh! For a different reason, I hurried to finish an entry here at the expense of not having time to do Ch2B in BoBS :P

Desert King's Challenge!

Is this mini challenge for Kaliphlin only or can members from the other guilds enter as well? I just recently put together a small force in a session of fig-barfing and thought that with some nice landscaping around them it could fit right in for this challenge.

Is this mini challenge for Kaliphlin only or can members from the other guilds enter as well? I just recently put together a small force in a session of fig-barfing and thought that with some nice landscaping around them it could fit right in for this challenge.

I interpret it as open for everyone?

To be cried from every hamlet in Kaliphlin and beyond:

All loyal captains come to Sultan's Gate, show your support for your liege. By March 31st, the Desert King expects his troops to marshal for an assault against the Black Spire.

Awesome, I hope this will give me the time to cobble together an entry.

I interpret it as open for everyone?

Awesome! I'd also like to thank you for bringing the challenge to my attention by posting your great entry on Swebrick's forum. :thumbup:

Here is my entry: The Company of Lord Theodore Bruin aka. "Teddy's Bears"

25895792110_24d4924051.jpg

Maybe this is the start of another session of GoH building for me, I certainly hope so! :classic:

Awesome! I'd also like to thank you for bringing the challenge to my attention by posting your great entry on Swebrick's forum. :thumbup:

[...]

Maybe this is the start of another session of GoH building for me, I certainly hope so! :classic:

You're welcome! I certainly hope too that this gets you out of your GoH dark age :wink:

I actually selfishly moved the date because I knew we would be judging Challenge II BoBS right now.

I actually selfishly moved the date because I knew we would be judging Challenge II BoBS right now.

I always knew you were selfish! :laugh::tongue: (*sarcasm*)

That must indeed be a tough undertaking, so I fully understand :classic:

I always knew you were selfish! :laugh::tongue: (*sarcasm*)

:rofl:

Ska, you're doing an amazing job. Thank you.