SkaForHire

Book II - Kaliphlin: Guild sign-up and Discussion

I might be able to get a little teaser up by the end of the week for you guys.  It is something I have been working on, mainly story-orientated. :classic:

Hello Kaliphlin guild members. I'm thinking about joining you guys for Book 3, and to try out this guild a little bit, I would like to introduce a character. He will not be my sigfig, and I am not joining this guild. But can I still build a town/city/settlement for him here? Is it even okay to introduce a Kaliphlinian character? Thanks in advance. 

11 hours ago, Brandon Stark said:

Hello Kaliphlin guild members. I'm thinking about joining you guys for Book 3, and to try out this guild a little bit, I would like to introduce a character. He will not be my sigfig, and I am not joining this guild. But can I still build a town/city/settlement for him here? Is it even okay to introduce a Kaliphlinian character? Thanks in advance. 

You can certainly have secondary characters that are from other guilds than your own.  Building a whole town specifically for your secondary character might be a little much though... you may want to wait until Book 3 for that! :grin:   But additions to the lore of other guilds than your own are always welcome.  And I don't really think it would violate any rule or the spirit thereof to build a town in a guild you don't belong to - it's just a little surprising!

@Brandon Stark maybe you could ask some Kaliphlinian if he allows you to build in his city? 

I agree with @Kai NRG that there should be no rule against it, but building a whole city is a really big task, considering the workload. Even if you only make a few mocs about it. 

Building in an already established settlement seems a bit more realistic. 

Having figs from other guilds is of course no problem!

About the settlement: as said before, a whole city is quite big. But a small village, or an addition to a Kaliphlinlander's city should be no probleme as well!

This is Leopold of Norvica on my new avatar, and here you ca read a little story about him.

31463245583_d5f0f0933b_n.jpg

Edited by don leopold

Well, I am of a different perspective on this, as long as you build the settlement in an open place, then I say go ahead. But, as others said, we have a lot of towns to build in if you want to just build in a Kaliphlin city.

Hello everyone.

I have been lurking and observing for some time and finally want to take the plunge and pledge allegiance to Kaliphlim!

I don't have my sigfig at the moment...it is somewhere in a box in transit. Is that important if I post a couple of things before it arrives? Also would that be a problem about taking part in the challenges?

I can try and mock something up on LDD as a temporary thing if necessary.

Looking forward to finally contributing to the world of HIstorica.

4 hours ago, Muakhah said:

Hello everyone.

I have been lurking and observing for some time and finally want to take the plunge and pledge allegiance to Kaliphlim!

I don't have my sigfig at the moment...it is somewhere in a box in transit. Is that important if I post a couple of things before it arrives? Also would that be a problem about taking part in the challenges?

Welcome to the Guilds! I look forward to seeing your sigfig!

23 hours ago, Muakhah said:

Hello everyone.

Welcome to Kaliphlin!  You chose well! :wink:  A temporary picture of your sig-fig would probably be the best solution, and then I would think you could go ahead and post other builds and participate in the challenges!

I just found that a large box with my intended sig fig in it was sent back to China. The delivery company didn't even leave a note. So I will use Hassan M'badwe as my sigfig until I can get my hands on Muakhah again.

Hassan M'badwe

Hassan M'badwe was a stern and serious young man who was struggling to find meaning in life. Then after a small rock slide he discovered the entrance to a hidden shrine where the Mace of Watombe lay hidden. The Mace of Watombe accepted Hassan and gave him power and a purpose. As long as the bearer is devoted to justice and the law then he may drawn upon the powers of the Mace. This enables Hassan to force the truth from suspects and smite those who would obstruct the law. Hassan must be ever vigilant of his own actions. For the Mace demands that its wielder be utterly devoted to the very concept of Justice.

Unsurprisingly, given the eclectic yet useful abilities granted by the mace, Hassan has risen to be the High Judge of Khadira. Upholding the law is his domain. In these troubled times where Muakhah has disappeared on a mission of peace, Hassan does his best to oversee Khadira and the impending war with the Spire according to the instructions laid down my Muakhah before his departure. Hassan takes these duties very seriously, for he fears failing the people of Khadira.

Welcome to Kaliphlin!  Don't know what your intended sig-fig was, but this one is pretty cool!