36 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

I don't care about age, politics, ethnicity... i judge people on pets! If their pets are happy and relaxed then i trust them!:head_back: (and that cat is matching mine for being chilled out..!)

"By his pets do you know a man..."

Exactly! I sleep on my desk all the time as well :laugh:

8 hours ago, Moz said:

Work area is reassembled, I'm still sorting things from boxes into the wooden trays. As you can see I'm working on something that has stud but let's just pretend that's not happening :)

LoL. This made me laugh.

Those wooden trays look nice!

9 hours ago, Moz said:

Under the desk are boxes full of ziplock bags. They are mostly labelled, so when i run out of a part I can usually find the extras fairly quickly

Why did I never think of that? That is a great idea for the small stuff. I have so many half boxes just taking up lots of space for spare parts as well.

Edited by Carsten Svendsen

On 6/22/2020 at 11:05 PM, nerdsforprez said:

To post a quick update.... we finally chose a home and close next week.  Finally I will have a Lego room soon. 

I am busy planning it and trying to come up with some ideas.  I am a big fan of acrylic display cases, and will likely purchase a few. I know this question could be posted under the "general" part of the forum but there is so little traffic there other posts I have made there just go nowhere. 

Has anyone purchased any display cases from idisplayit.com or thebrickcase.com on Etsy?  Are their products good/bad? Thoughts? Or if there are any other companies that folks have tried that provide acrylic display cases that are recommended I would love to hear about them.....

I've brought a lot from iDisplayit and really like them, good quality and easy to put together. Here are a few recent ones. I usually get 5% off with KEEPITSECRET

lighthouse

disney castle

ecto-1

309056799_5432206250232148_8423759939027922144_n.jpg.b5a3adcb724ac771bc3be797c9dec54f.jpg311975819-641513804347698-30058845489482 312001192-1291110231622329-5035168025493312027890-824175545589619-85768869734581

2 hours ago, HeyComeMerryDol said:

I've brought a lot from iDisplayit and really like them, good quality and easy to put together. Here are a few recent ones. I usually get 5% off with KEEPITSECRET

Thxs for the reply.  Yes, if you look a bit later in the thread you can see what I went ahead and bought several displays.  They work great.  Even stackable with fairly heavy models inside.  

20210710_201158i

22 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Thxs for the reply.  Yes, if you look a bit later in the thread you can see what I went ahead and bought several displays.  They work great.  Even stackable with fairly heavy models inside.  

20210710_201158i

Wood looks very stylish!

3 hours ago, howitzer said:

My new building area is taking shape:

What brand/type are those 5x12 drawer things?

2 hours ago, howitzer said:

I bought them from Clas Ohlson, their own brand Cocraft.

Okay thanks. :pir-blush: They look nice and sturdy. But unfortunately not available here.

15 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Okay thanks. :pir-blush: They look nice and sturdy. But unfortunately not available here.

Yeah, these are nice ones, especially when you consider the price. I paid total of about 200€ for the five units shown in the photo.

3 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Recently rennovated the apartment and here's my build corner:

Nice place and the work table with changeable height is a really good idea. I find these self-printed boxes very cool and useful and the vapor-/synthwave pictures are really cool - where can one get these designs from?

7 minutes ago, johnnym said:

Nice place and the work table with changeable height is a really good idea. I find these self-printed boxes very cool and useful and the vapor-/synthwave pictures are really cool - where can one get these designs from?

Thank you for the praise. I used a service https://www.europosterji.si I think there's an EU service available too https://www.europosters.eu/.

1 hour ago, Zerobricks said:

I uploaded .STL files of the sorting boxes here:

https://bricksafe.com/pages/Zblj/modular-sorting-boxes

Cool, thanks for posting those!
However, I opened up a couple of them in Cura, and it's telling me that they aren't watertight. Then when I try slicing it and preview it, it makes a solid block, so you might want to look into why that is.

Because they are just simple meshes, not solid objects so that you can use vase mode to print with a 0,8 mm or higher nozzle. I used 0.4 mm layer height with 2 bottom layers so that all sides measure 0,8 mm. 

6 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Because they are just simple meshes, not solid objects so that you can use vase mode to print with a 0,8 mm or higher nozzle. I used 0.4 mm layer height with 2 bottom layers so that all sides measure 0,8 mm. 

Ah, thanks!