Should my battle-bots contest prize ever arrive (been waiting for 2.5 months now!!!:angry:) I will have 111 of them... love those things!

To keep this post slightly on-topic, 111 frames will be annoying to store in sorting boxes:laugh:

Edited by shadow_elenter

4 hours ago, shadow_elenter said:

Should my battle-bots contest prize ever arrive (been waiting for 2.5 months now!!!:angry:) I will have 111 of them... love those things!

To keep this post slightly on-topic, 111 frames will be annoying to store in sorting boxes:laugh:

I keep mine in baggies like bag of chips (or crisps).   :classic: 

16 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

I didnt ever need many before, so I didn't buy any.

I also didn't bought them for purpose, they just appeared with new sets.

I also keep them in ziplock bags. Most of the liftarms are also kept the same way, because I just don't have special lego room just table with to boxes with drawers for smaller parts and then 2 big boxes with bigger things. like tyres, liftarms, panels.

Its nice to see that I'm not the only one working on the floor.

My living room is regularly a disaster zone with a 3yr old in the house,

20170726_032531%255B1%255D.jpg

The room's explanation is here if anyone would like to read about it.

tLwmpB8.jpg

pjHvREn.jpg

Set of TAYG plastic drawers (from Amazon for example) and some of my MOCs. On the middle column you can see optional dust covers.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Since 2 months my own hobby/lego room. There are a lot of parts on my desk because i am building the Cranetruck of Lucio Switch at the moment. On the ground i have 5 boxes 50x30x15 with wheels and tyres..

Edited by JDL1967

18 hours ago, JDL1967 said:

Since 2 months my own hobby/lego room. There are a lot of parts on my desk because i am building the Cranetruck of Lucio Switch at the moment. On the ground i have 5 boxes 50x30x15 with wheels and tyres..

That is quite an impressive set-up and collection/inventory of parts!  Seems like it should be easy to find what you need for any MOC.

I think you are close (if not there) to being able to find any part, if you have it. I think that is the goal -- to be able to locate any part, if it exists in your collection -- That is more goal as well.

Andy D

2 minutes ago, Andy D said:

That is quite an impressive set-up and collection/inventory of parts!  Seems like it should be easy to find what you need for any MOC.

I think you are close (if not there) to being able to find any part, if you have it. I think that is the goal -- to be able to locate any part, if it exists in your collection -- That is more goal as well.

Andy D

Tnx. Yes it is easy. But when i building an moc from some els, i use ziplock bags. With the partslist i make differend bags with the parts i need. Just take them out of the draws and fill them. That works for me. If i build an moc myself, then working out of the draws works fine. I only have to put the last labels on. But there is no hurry doing that.

54 minutes ago, JDL1967 said:

Tnx. Yes it is easy. But when i building an moc from some els, i use ziplock bags. With the partslist i make differend bags with the parts i need. Just take them out of the draws and fill them. That works for me. If i build an moc myself, then working out of the draws works fine. I only have to put the last labels on. But there is no hurry doing that.

You got a great setup with your workshop @JDL1967 and i work almost the same on projects you do.:thumbup:

1 hour ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

You got a great setup with your workshop @JDL1967 and i work almost the same on projects you do.:thumbup:

It is a privilege to have your hobby/lego room. I am glad i finally have one..

On 8/12/2017 at 1:16 AM, Aventador2004 said:

My sorted collection:

Previously You wrote, that You have 7 BWE ?!

As I have really small house and there's almost no permanent place for building, and parts collection grow out of two boxes with drawers and some two big boxes with ziplock bags with bigger parts, so I made some mobile workstation

800x851.jpg

Need to do resorting of parts, also some table on the top.

Made of Treston 

1x554-3

1x550-3

2x551-3

Can be extenden with 4 more boxes with drawers. Bigger wont be good.

On 7/6/2017 at 7:44 AM, Aventador2004 said:

Well good, cause I have 7 total.

16 minutes ago, Jurss said:

I so wish I did, I have 7 frames is what I meant.

And my room is to small itself to store this bwe, but I have a 6x4 walk in closet.

Edited by Aventador2004

On 01.09.2017 at 7:17 PM, Jurss said:

As I have really small house and there's almost no permanent place for building, and parts collection grow out of two boxes with drawers and some two big boxes with ziplock bags with bigger parts, so I made some mobile workstation

Need to do resorting of parts, also some table on the top.

Made of Treston 

1x554-3

1x550-3

2x551-3

Can be extenden with 4 more boxes with drawers. Bigger wont be good.

Very nice solution! :thumbup: And not only if you have a lack of free space.

Some pages ago we saw one drawer man's size consist of 4 sides like yours...

Edited by Aleh

13 hours ago, Aleh said:

Very nice solution! :thumbup:

Thank You!

I'm planning to rebuild it, so that two drwer boxes open on sides, so that everything is accesible from one side. This way also will be solved problem, that those drawers slide out pretty easy. Now i put some self adhesive band under drawers, which limits that slipping, but it is not safe solution. 

So I can finally show you my work space.  I just finished building the desk and have everything situated.  This is my Technic Workspace

IMG_3989%20(3).JPG

Sorry for the phone picture quality, but there it is.  Not a professional workspace, but it will do the trick :) 

Next is a shelf for above the drawers and some kind of a shelving unit for the red containers.  But that will come at a later time.  

Thanks for looking!

Edited by aminnich
can you see the picture now?

After completing my TC12 entry my work space was in complete disaray with loose parts in all manner of containers.

Time to have a major sort out and re-organise my spare parts.
Drawer units are from Aldi, Lidl & B&M.
Empty 1ltr. ice cream containers used for beams. panels, connectors etc and empty food containers for studded & small parts etc.
Trays contain commenly used pins & axles.

37130170142_bd9f63a0aa_z.jpgIMG_4900 by Doug Ridgway, on Flickr

Edited by Doug72

On 9/10/2017 at 10:27 AM, 9v system said:

interesting i dont watch anything like this at all nor any of the things mentioned above but i can see why they are addictive, especially for kids

On 9/16/2017 at 5:43 PM, Jurss said:

Mobile workplace 2.0

Place left for half size boxes with drawers

Really smart and interesting decision! Thank you for the sharing it.

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted pictures.