"quoting the image"

Oh I see you too have the Nitro Menace on display :D

Edited by LXF

2 Nerdsforprez:

Thanks a lot for your comment! It's great that you are getting inspiration for new models building :)))))

As for CPU temperature - yes it's really 95 C ))))

May be cleaning and changing grease will help?

So, I've changed my workplace a bit. Or, actually not the actual workplace, but more the extra storage inside the closet. I did reorganize and rearrange a lot of parts, especially the Technic stuff. Technic went from ~8 of those drawer-boxes to 12 of those to make room for more parts in the future (so I don't have to reorganize everything every time I buy a set or a bunch of parts).

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

In the extra storage I also changed a lot. I now have 6 of those boxes in the top instead of 2 that contain all kinds of misc parts. I won't go in-depth into my storage system (too lazy for that), so just a few pictures :tongue:

800x1422.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

A few more pictures in this BrickSafe folder :classic:

Nice upgrade!! :thumbup:

I'm still reorganizing. It takes a lot of time. But there's light at the end of the tunnel :sweet:

I am starting to organize my Legos finally.

@legolijntje

How did you get that many Legos :wub:

Well, I bought it or got some as presents.

I usually buy 2 or 3 Technic sets a year* and sometimes a big brick-based set (like the Tower Bridge or the VW Beetle). And a small bricklink order every now and then.

And I rob a Lego factory once a month :grin::tongue:

*this year will probably be an exception with a lot of great sets

@legolijntje since you're in the Netherlands too, what containers do you use and where did you get them?

@legolijntje since you're in the Netherlands too, what containers do you use and where did you get them?

I'm using "Allit Varioplus Basic" series of containers. More specifically Varioplus Basic 54 and Varioplus Basic 47.

I have mixed both the old and new version, because I started with the old version years ago and at some point Allit updated their products including the Varioplus series. So, I got 2 versions.

I used to buy them here. It's a great shop with very good prices and shipping costs to NL is just something like €7. However, recently their assortment of Varioplus boxes has been drastically reduced. They used to have a huge selection, but now there's only a few left. The ones I always bought are gone too. I emailed them asking if they would return, but I got no reply :(

So far, I haven't been able to find a shop that with the same prices and same selection :(

I do hope that they return. The boxes are great and for the price at the prices at that shop are excellent (I believe about €13 per cabinet).

Allit's own new catalog still lists the VarioPlus series including the VarioPlus basic series. However, in their newest catalog I did notice a small design change, so maybe they're just waiting for the new stock to arrive. I hope so...

Also, the ones in the big closet are these from the Praxis.

Finally got a decent photo of my LEGO corner. Vertical storage to keep things out of children reach... for the most part.

Running out of space for storage, still longing for more sets and they're not small (42053, 42054, 42056)... but I think this year Olympus will take my money.

29214271891_73e5c72495_b.jpg

Recently i moved to new house, larger one. Larger enough to fit a table only for building LEGO.

29287375361_58779dba04_c.jpg

I'm happy that i find that table with two drawers - all my wheels and PF fit there. Another table where i working is near, very useful as i think. Only one chair is enough)

28742805994_6ba0606ee9_z.jpg

I sorted all my parts in tiny drawers, so i can take almost any part without looking on what i taking.

28742805674_c2d5e8d1a8_z.jpg

And rest of LEGO, system parts and still assembled sets is stored in massive cabinet (don't sure it's a proper word). While i'm not building - i hiding all my technic from cats there too.

28742805344_b7a28f8fd2_z.jpg

Victor did you know, I am envying you guys with a dedicated Lego desk or room. After a good evening of building on the floor it is kind of hard to not feel pain.

Victor did you know, I am envying you guys with a dedicated Lego desk or room. After a good evening of building on the floor it is kind of hard to not feel pain.

Ya the pic I took I had worked for about 7 hours and it is hard on carpet. Edited by Lego2016Lego

Question to those of you who store your models on shelves: do they not get very dusty? I store mine inside a cupboard 'cos I don't want them to get dusty.

Question to those of you who store your models on shelves: do they not get very dusty? I store mine inside a cupboard 'cos I don't want them to get dusty.

Yes. Mine sit on the shelves for years and dust is a menace. I use a toothbrush and warm water to clean them. I also have some soft brushes for my Dremel tool for really tough cases.

Gilly uses pipe cleaners to remove dust from the holes in Technic beams etc. Works a treat.

Wow, really good sortiment, I am a bit envy now. :classic: Time for me too to start with some kind of organisation...

Nice MOC by the way, maybe the cabin should be longer for better proportions. :wink:

25 minutes ago, agrof said:

Wow, really good sortiment, I am a bit envy now. :classic: Time for me too to start with some kind of organisation...

Nice MOC by the way, maybe the cabin should be longer for better proportions. :wink:

Thanks and how the pic was took it looks shorter then it is and I am posting it when I get my 88000 in.

hello, Here are my storage:

mini_608384IMG20160927204825.jpg

mini_970512IMG20160928174221.jpg

mini_854170IMG20160928174622.jpg

mini_287077IMG20160928175135.jpg

mini_893389IMG20160929184542.jpg

briefcases come from a French DIY store. the rest is in the locker shelves sorted by color and shape.