I may not have the skills to build beautiful MOCs, but I think I've got just about as good a setup as anyone here - I've moved house since I took this photo, and now I've got a whole room dedicated to this hobby.

Looking good!!

some familiar looking GBC's up on the shelf!

and is that a Trintron screen you still have??

160+ plastic drawers and buckets of various sizes, as well as 6 super-sized drawers to hold everything that's not studless technic (and a few things that are, like PF stuff). Also 7 generous overhead display shelves for finished models/works in progress, with integrated LED strip lighting, and more bench space than you can poke a stick at.

Just waiting on some drawer handles!

Great setup, desk drawers work really well for part storage. The LED light is a very solid addition.

Not a lot of mocing at the moment just enjoying building sets, build area doubles as an office for doing bits and bobs and keyboard can be moved to have decent space for building with built sets next to and above the desk

8AE7C226-CAD7-492B-8913-32E87DA93752_zpsboogw9hi.jpg

A5DC7123-606F-40BD-ADB1-F7C835A2A65F_zpsmldajnxo.jpg

EF938605-9EF4-4721-9538-42FCE8FAB117_zpsjqqkcaax.jpg

Desks and tables??? I've only been building for a couple of years, so my building area is basically the floor. There are a couple of storage containers for important parts such as gears, suspension parts and some rare aeshtetic parts, then everything else gets dumped into two boxes. Sometimes when I delve into the depths of those boxes, I find random stuff like an old piece of chassis or suspension from 5 MOCs ago - there's a nice feeling when you dig old stuff up.

Many, many parts of my body hurt after building on the floor. Therefore I will only do it if my dinner table is used for something strange, such as dinner.

I always built on the floor.The back hurts but nothing falls down as it often happens with a table

I'm new to Eurobricks but I've been on MOCpages and Flickr for a while. I'm best known for colourful spaceships but my vehicles often feature Technic mechanisms and Power Functions motors, so I'm hoping to get involved in this forum and the Sci-fi one too. By way of introduction, here's my workspace, in the loft of my house. It gets incredibly hot in the summer and very cold in the winter! For all 4 decades of my LEGO building, I've always sat on the floor to build: I don't think that I could find a big enough table to spread everything out on. I take my photos downstairs, on my kitchen table, whose gnarled surface is gaining its own following on Flickr.

QuZFVAR.jpg

Edited by davidroberts01341

Here's my place. Earlier I was building on my desk, but now it's my mini photo studio, and I'm building on my dinner table.

27483419472_fce3c27f61_b.jpg

And here's the mini studio:

27548202946_1eb987dcbd_b.jpg

27483419472_fce3c27f61_b.jpg

Nice energizing drink!

Edited by Phred
Removed irrelevant portion of quoted post.

Nice energizing drink!

It's very important to stay hydrated during long building sessions.

Nice energizing drink!

Please don't quote the entire post when you're only commenting on a part of it. Refer to our Posting Standards Topic that is linked in the FAQ. Thanks. :thumbup:

We discussed storage a couple of pages back. Don't want to derail this topic, but here's a link to a question I posed in the General Forum:

Warehouse bins/drawers

I'm new to Eurobricks but I've been on MOCpages and Flickr for a while. I'm best known for colourful spaceships...

A bit late, but nice MOCs dude!

Love your work :thumbup:

And a nice storage system. Big bins, great!

Lately I moved to a new home, again a rental but that is fine with me :wink: My previous LEGO room was so small I was unable to take pictures... :laugh:

Well that have changed, man am I lucky with my new room! So here are some pictures for you enjoy as well. Let me know what you think of it... It is not finished yet! But so far so good... :classic: Finally I can both breath and build at the same time in the same room...

640x480.jpg

640x853.jpg

Wow Igmar,

That's a realy great building/work place in your new home :wub: .

You have told me that you and your fam was moving to your new home and congrats with it :thumbup: .

Looks Great Ingmar. Nice collection too. I keep thinking of building a tanker trailer, probably Chrome, one day.

I envy you guys with dedicated Lego rooms. I cannot hope for such a room in the short or middle term. Game programming was a much better hobby in that regard. Maybe I should move back to that...

I envy you guys with dedicated Lego rooms. I cannot hope for such a room in the short or middle term. Game programming was a much better hobby in that regard. Maybe I should move back to that...

Or make a Lego related game :laugh:

I don't have a Lego room either, but I just occupied a corner of the attic with my 'dedicated' Lego desk and stuff.

I have the same problem as you. I have a dedicated lego shelf for my wife and me. The building will be done in the living room on the floor.